Cryptozookeeper on itch.io

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Cryptozookeeper on itch.io

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It's a free download here: https://joltcountry.itch.io/cryptozookeeper

Hopefully that works for people, the two terps for Mac and Linux can be downloaded as well. I realize people are less inclined to download software from a developer's site these days.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Cryptozookeeper on itch.io

Here's the trailer for Cryptozookeeper that I never released because I didn't get any kind of good video for it. It still doesn't have good video, but here ya go:

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack did a voice over as well before I had my act together and when we do the sequel I'll probably just use his reading. Imagine, loads of Cryptozookeeper games all with the exact same audio for the trailer. Taleslinger, a text adventure guy none of you know did one in German too, I think.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well, I'm probably going to leave what I have on itch.io, but this tweet from the guy that runs it is the exact opposite of what I want to see on a service making money off my hard work:

https://archive.fo/IWbXu

leaf @ itch.io
A platform that allows "everything, unless it's illegal or straight up trolling" is ridiculous. Please keep your malicious, derogatory, discriminatory, bullying, harassing, demeaning content off @itchio. Our ban buttons are ready.
If you don't have context, Valve came out recently to say they aren't going to ban anything from Steam unless it's illegal or "straight up trolling." The Itch.io guy had to let everyone know he thinks he is in competition with Steam.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I think everyone is just imagining the game "Kill All n!33rs" and deciding whether they'd sell it or not. That's what this is, right?

EDIT: Also amusing is that the sysop is whining about censorship, but then censors me when I try to post here. It's all so ironic and amusing.

EDIT 2: The REASON that word is censored is because he doesn't want potential/future employers finding this site and matching him up with hate speech or whatever. So, when it serves HIM personally, he is on board with censorship, but when anyone else does it, out comes the indignant soapbox. Just so you're all able to follow along here.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yours is an act of trolling, which is also what Valve is doing. If one of us got investigated by our employers you'd think it was hilarious because you found a way to be immune to that sort of thing.

There are at least two people who won't come here any more if certain words were uncensored and seeing how you've run everyone else off I know it's killing you to not be able to run them off as well. (I've been nothing but nice on your Discord, by the way.)

The game journalists want to decide what their audience, whom they hold in complete and utter contempt, should get to see.

Ice Cream Jonsey

There is a website that makes generic shirts of every game that I think has ever existed.

https://www.powshirts.com/cat/cryptozookeeper

I guess we should all get one for Paratrooper or something.

pinback

Post by pinback »

The first two games I looked up were Tharsis and Desert Bus. Zippo. Where are they getting their list from?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.