Twitter ad campaign

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Twitter ad campaign

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Man, I'll give Twitter credit for this - they got people to click on a Caltrops link when I bought a Twitter ad. I had a $20 total max, $5 spent per day to give whatever number of impressions that gives you. And it resulted in a noticeable bump to traffic on Caltrops. Not sure if anyone will stick around but it was a whooooooooole lot more effective than when I tried with directing people to Cryptozookeeper on Facebook.

I am a FAN of Twitter ads.

Or else it's just bots. But still. If so, they tricked me.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Re: Twitter ad campaign

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am Or else it's just bots. But still. If so, they tricked me.
Why would you suspect bots? If someone was going to design something to click on ads I would think they'd simulate clicks on pages where the ads would pay them. Also I wouldn't do a $5/day campaign I'd do the lowest cost possible then see how well it works and increase as appropriate. I heard google allows $1 or $2 daily spends; some advertisers are doing thousands of simultaneous campaigns.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I'll have to research Twitter vs. Facebook ads.

I paid $20 to advertise my Vintage Videogame Ads Facebook page for a week. For seven days, my hits went through the roof... and I ended up getting 1 new follower. I think I joked at the the time that I could have just paid someone $20 to like the page and had the same results. Hopefully you get more lasting results from the Twitter campaign.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yeah, I don't think anyone has posted yet, but I do like the clicks. I decided just to target men, assuming that no woman wants anything to do with Caltrops these days.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!