The Pinback Fat Thread

Celebrity Monologues

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

pinback

Re: The Pinback Fat Thread

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 am

January 12, 2018: 257.4

The last few months of the year saw us in "maintenance mode", due to a combination of the fact I (still) can't walk long distances anymore due to my Mystery Leg Injury, and also complete mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion. The bright side was, I WAS able to maintain reasonably well, so I have a baseline I can return to whenever I need to.

But, new year, new you, as they say, so we're back in Diet Mode, and also in It's Fucking Friday And I Still Can't Have A Goddamn Beer mode. So, there ya go.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 am

Whew, boy. I shoulda waited 30 minutes before weighing in, I'd probably come out about three pounds less right now, if you catch my drift.

Oh well, we got that IN THE BANK for next week.

Tdarcos

A possible pain solution

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 am

pinback wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 am
The last few months of the year saw us in "maintenance mode", due to a combination of the fact I (still) can't walk long distances anymore due to my Mystery Leg Injury,
And I will make another suggestion. There is a device called a Quell which is designed to provide drug-free pain relief. My sister got it for me for Christmas as it is expensive at something over $200, but it is FDA cleared and is offered with a trial basis and money-back guarantee.

It has a base device which goes into a sleeve, and is connected by two pins to a strip with four gel pads which are placed on the leg about an inch below the knee, and the sleeve has a Velcro connector which holds it on the leg. You first calibrate the device so you feel a tingle. Once calibrated, the Quell device, when activated, sends a "tingle" into your leg, which after a few days of usage I don't feel anymore. What it is doing is sending a very tiny electric shock into your leg, which either confuses the nerves or so jams the pathways with junk messages that you don't feel the pain.

My problem was in trying to sleep I'd want to move my left leg but it would be agonizing. The instructions say it works for about 85% of users and takes up to two weeks. In my case, I put it on, calibrated it, then pushed the button to start, and BOOM! it burned my leg clean off. Seriously, as soon as I pushed the button, the leg pain stopped. I still have the actual injured knee pain, but the leg stopped hurting. I'll leave it on for a few hours as it has its own regulator: one hour on, one hour off, repeat. As it claims it also seems to help some other pains.

It is so nice to lie down in bed, or get out of bed and get in my wheelchair, and have no pain. Their website is http://quellrelief.com or 800-204-6577. I highly recommend the Quell and I'm not receiving anything for recommending it, I just figure if you get something that reduces or stops pain, maybe you'll be nicer in the future.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am

can u buy me it

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

pinback wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am
can u buy me it
If I could have afforded to buy it I'd have bought it myself. What makes you think I owe you anything?
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

I thought you owed him $10 for that Mars model that Flack is printing?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm in PAIN, alright? I live with pain from morning until night. It is my constant companion. Someone buy me the thing he's talking about.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Make one! I bet you could build one for cheap on Instructables dot com

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 pm

If I don't see a goddamn sales receipt for a fucking Quell in about two seconds I'm going to take this goddamn thread and shove it down your goddamn asses.

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

Is that Denver time or Belize time?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 am

The man is in constant, endless, awful pain. He has tried exactly nothing to remedy this situation - why won't someone buy the man literally the solution to all his problems? Why won't Paul come to the rescue and bail out his friend as we have bailed him out constantly over the last 10 years?

Paul, order the man a subscription to Quell!!

Tdarcos

Re: The Jonsey Idiot Thread

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:58 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 am
Excuse me, he works for a living and has private medical insurance. Get them to pay for it. I am not his keeper. He is not my responsibility. I have an 11-week-old kitten I just spent $275 for shots and routine treatments, and I have to go back to the vet in three weeks to get a booster distemper shot.

Further, Jonsey, if you're trying to portray an idiot, you're doing a bang-up job. The Quell is a device you purchase, not a magazine or something you subscribe to.

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
He has tried exactly nothing to remedy this situation
That is most certainly not the case.

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 pm

$10 for a video of the kitten hooked up to the Quell shocker thing.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I bet he ate it already..

THE
MOO GOO GAI PAN
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The Jonsey Idiot Thread

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:58 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Excuse me, he works for a living and has private medical insurance. Get them to pay for it. I am not his keeper. He is not my responsibility. I have an 11-week-old kitten I just spent $275 for shots and routine treatments, and I have to go back to the vet in three weeks to get a booster distemper shot.

Further, Jonsey, if you're trying to portray an idiot, you're doing a bang-up job. The Quell is a device you purchase, not a magazine or something you subscribe to.
How many times have we bailed you out of a bad situation? 3? 6? 12?

I'm just saying. ONCE in your life, you could do something for the man that has brought you so much joy. Don't you think of the welfare of others, ever?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:47 pm

You could make cat videos on youtube and then use the adsence revenue to buy pinback the quell. That would make everyone here happy I believe?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:47 pm
You could make cat videos on youtube and then use the adsence revenue to buy pinback the quell. That would make everyone here happy I believe?
Are you kidding? I have about 60 subscribers and my best video got 2,000 views. I ain't made 2 nickels to rub together in all the videos I have done.

And again, no one has explained why I, a disabled man on a very tight income, have any responsibility to buy him anything.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Because he's your friend! Because he's been your friend for almost 30 years! Because this is what friends do! How many times have we sent you stuff? And you can't at least PRETEND to show sympathy?

When was the last time you expressed sympathy to someone?