I hope Robb wasn't watching that.

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

I hope Robb wasn't watching that.

Post by pinback »

That's the worst thing I've ever seen. You... you have to just put that guy on a bus, right?

I think you have to put him on a bus.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Re: I hope Robb wasn't watching that.

Post by Flack »

I haven't seen an athlete take a dive like that since Jake LaMotta. Oof!

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

I mean, how is this even possible. And to me it didn't even look this close, it looked like he whiffed by about two feet before knocking out his own teammate.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack

Post by Flack »

Also I don't think I have ever seen an NFL game before where officials had to go and drag five or six players out of the locker room back on to the field so that they could officially end the game. That was bizarre.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Well, you gotta keep in mind. I've seen 3 previous playoff games end like so:

- We lost to a 7-9 Seahawks team because 10 of our defensive players bounced off their running back and he scored.
- We got a last-second touchdown against the 49ers and then THEY had a last second touchdown (Alex Smith to Vernon Davis) to beat us because we blitzed everyone.
- We lost to the Seahawks 4 years ago and the last play was Marques Colston trying an unsuccessful, inexplicably lateral.

That's a lifetime of crazy shit to end games. This is now 4 losses since the Super Bowl where you think, "that is unbelievable, why did they do that?"

The way I look at, this was a successful season. Coming into the year we had three straight 7-9 seasons. We lost our first two games this year! Then suddenly...

We started Ken Crawley who is a top-five cornerback. Why we didn't start him the first two games I have no idea, but he is incredible.
We made the "switch" from Adrian Peterson and gave Alvin Kamara half the running back carries. He is your offensive rookie of the year.
We learned that Marshon Lattimore, our best cornerback, is the defensive rookie of the year.
We developed the best running attack in the NFL.
We hit on several other rookies. Including Marcus Williams, the guy who whiffed tonight. He's a 21-year old starting safety on a team with historically bad defensive backs. He made the interception that started the turnaround to begin with!
We won 8 games in a row, including one where we ran like 20 rushing plays in a row to destroy the Bills.
We won the division.
We won a crazy playoff game against the Panthers.
THEN, down 17-0 in the next round, the team mounts an incredible comeback, taking the lead twice when all hope was lost. It took a fluke play to lose it. And this was a game where not a single call went the Saints' way. There was a stat at one point where the Saints had 92 yards of penalties and the Vikings had 15.

Drew Brees is a free agent, but he is already talking like he will return, and I can't see why not. But this was a good season. That play on 4th down where Drew calmly redeems Willie Snead for a first down to keep the drive alive? That's the best football player I've ever seen in my life.

You can't have these crazy game-enders unless you are in the playoffs to begin with. I feel really hopeful about next year, I really think the Saints are in contention.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Post by pinback »

I dunno, Jim, it seemed pretty conclusive. I gotta disagree with EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Also, Mark Ingram got tabbed for PEDs. 4 game suspension. Welcome to the off-season, at least no Blue Jay is losing time for anything indefinitely.