I bought a new car.

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

I bought a new car.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I had never done so before. There is one thing I want to talk about.

There is a piece that I suspect is the same for everyone, that one transition between your salesperson and the "financing guy." I guess the idea is either 1) that they are genuinely busy or 2) they are trying to sweat you out or some horseshit.

At the place I went to, it was about 35 minutes between concluding my deal with the salesman and when I met with the finance guy to sign papers. The dealership had a giant widescreen HDTV. They had about 30 extremely comfortable leather seats. I grabbed one on the edge. The Orioles were playing the Red Sox.

The 35 minutes I waited was the most peaceful of the week. When the financing guy did arrive, I was genuinely tempted to say, "Hold up, one sec... I want to see how Trumbo does against Sale."

I went through Truecar thanks to Pinback having nothing but extremely positive experiences with them for 10 years, though they didn't take the UPC code, so I wonder if they screwed Truecar. I'd feel bad if they weren't so amazing in every respect to Pinner over the years. I like my new wheels. I liked the downtime most of all.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

ChainGangGuy

Re: I bought a new car.

Post by ChainGangGuy »

What of the treasured motorcycle? Retirement?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

That's the kind of experience I got when I shopped at Kitty's. They practically fawned over my wife and I when we walked through the door. They still do when I go for oil changes and recalls. The last time we were was because our lease was up in two months. They waived the last month's payment and put us in a new Cmax, boom-bam. Total time at the dealership ~30 minutes. They got my vote. Plus there's the gas mileage

THE
CRUISING
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ha, you think YOU had a good experience buying a car, let me tell you about MY good experience!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Happy ending?

Ice Cream Jonsey

I think having a thread where we top each other with pleasing stories sounds good to me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I forgot we had a car. Cars AND motorycles!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

ChainGangGuy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 am What of the treasured motorcycle? Retirement?
Guess what! This version of PhpBB automatically recognizes YouTube links and shows them - even https: links - without tagging.

A YouTuber named "Company Man" does videos about how some companies failed or are having problems. He did one about Harley-Davidson.

Points: Motorcycle buyers are older now, mostly 30s and later, and usually are buying a motorcycle after they already own a car. Almost nobody has a motorcycle as their exclusive transportation.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Which is odd, because they are so much better in a city than a car for most things. Especially now that grocery delivery is taking off. (We have done it via Amazon a few times. They have never, ever gotten the order right.)

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Hey Jonsey, why am I locked out of the "liberals get all the girls" base? I go to reply to Aardvark's post and when I log in I get, "You cannot read posts in this forum."

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

What the hell? I can't even SEE the "Liberals Get All the Girls" base. Are longtime users being slowly phased out??

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

gsdgsd wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 am What the hell? I can't even SEE the "Liberals Get All the Girls" base. Are longtime users being slowly phased out??
If you log out you can see and read it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I asked Amiga Man to post there and he can. Can you guys see it and post there now when logged in?

Casual Observer

now it's working, thanks sysop!

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

I can see it now. Thanks! I've calmed down.

Ice Cream Jonsey

ChainGangGuy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 am What of the treasured motorcycle? Retirement?
Still have it. I have not driven it in a while.

A few months ago, some contractors fixed our upstairs bathroom. They put in a Dumpster in the area behind our fence. This meant

1) I couldn't park my motorcycle behind our fence
2) I couldn't park my car behind our fence

But it was only going to be for a couple weeks, not a few months.

A few months later it is still there. I'm fairly mad about this, but what can you do. I was parking my motorcycle on the street. When my wife and I took a trip to San Jose, I came back to find that the cover had been half-removed. I called the contractors to move the dumpster, and I put the motorcycle behind it, trapping it. I assume... I hope? the dumpster will be gone by the time sprint arrives. Then I imagine it will become my primary transportation again.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 pmA few months ago, some contractors fixed our upstairs bathroom.
Won't it be wonderful to have the motorcycle back in regular service once again?

Has the contractors good work come to completion? Surely it's not just brimming but overflowing with the garbage and refuse of the local area by now, to say nothing of the discarded hobo corpses. Pick Up, please.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It's a giant, immobile garbage scow. To it's discredit, it won't acknowledge the Steam games I've sent it either.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh, and - the first thing they did, the upstairs bathroom, is complete. A woman designed it so I don't mind saying it's excellent. I am not sure I am ready to post bathroom pics here.

The kitchen is what they are working on next. I will enjoy having a kitchen again. I've gained 7 pounds since the wedding. Being able to cook items would h- it would eliminate that as an excuse.