Tell me about your favorite keyboard.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

I got my first mechanical keyboard recently and really love it. The company has an awful name, but their product is solid and it has no brand markings on it. It's also modular so you can easily pull out individual switches and swap them out.

Glorious PC Gaming Race Mechanical Keyboard...was on sale for about $75 a while back:

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/g ... h-switches

The first thing I did when I got it was to replace the ridiculous red "ASCEND" key with the regular black Esc key that they fortunately included.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

FlyingCarp wrote:The company has an awful name
What? That's like the best name ever. "Glorious PC Master Race" has been around as a term for while now.

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

RealNC wrote:
FlyingCarp wrote:The company has an awful name
What? That's like the best name ever. "Glorious PC Master Race" has been around as a term for while now.
I'm familiar with the term; I just don't like it. I'm just a dude who likes playing PC games that wants a nice keyboard for a good price. I don't need a superiority complex along with it.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

100$ for keyboard? Hahah oh hell no. I'll stick to my 20$ logitech K120 models.

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

Jizaboz wrote:100$ for keyboard? Hahah oh hell no. I'll stick to my 20$ logitech K120 models.
Jizaboz, you'll never be part of the Glorious Mechanical Keyboard Master Race. Haha...peasant.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

My 800Hz -5ms monitor and 300000dpi Ninja Stealth Silent Assassin Black Widow Green Mamba Mouse are laughing at you both.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Well my..my Super kal-o-frag-o-listic keyboard like-a-bad-monkey and Hawaii Five Below mouse are gooder gaming hardwares.

THE
WHERE IS THIS GOING
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

This is still my answer, even though I haven't had one in years.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Okay now that is my favorite keyboard.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Sorry, wrong base

bruce

Post by bruce »

My Canadian cow-orker turned out to be a giant pussy about my Model M, so I have gotten a Code Keyboard to placate him, which isn't bad and is much quieter.

I, however, have a Teletype Model 40, whose clickiness puts the Model M to shame, and if I can figure out how to string the weird-ass 9-pin rectangular connector to something that will turn it into USB or PS/2....

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

bruce wrote:My Canadian cow-orker
That... was amazing.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I've hated all keyboards I've ever owned equally. My current keyboard is some corsair piece of shit that cost $130, has a billion keys and features I never used, and corsair decided not to update the firmware for win10 because I guess they figured that people who spend $130 on their keyboards love getting bent over and fucked. Biggest mistake of my entire life, easily.

My next keyboard is probably going to be that logitech one that Jiz was talking about because why not?