I am now vaping

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

I am now vaping

Post by RealNC »

Stopped buying tobacco. Let's see how long the self-delusion of quitting smoking will last...

Just wanted to let you know.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Have you figured out a way to do it without looking like a giant, pulsating, oozing douche?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

It's what the cool kids do. Now I'm neither cool nor a kid, but I won't let that stop me.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Vape Naysh, y'all! Rippin' fat clouds!

[youtube][/youtube]

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

A bunch of people I know have transitioned from smoking to vaping and have gained a lot positive benefits as a result. Most importantly in their ability to walk somewhere and not look like they just ran a marathon. There is nothing cool about cigarettes, that is just media brainwashing, keep up the good work!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Vaping has helped me cut back a lot but I still haven't quit buying cigarettes. I think part of the problem is that they are still cheap (3.50/pack Winstons) here. The big problem is I don't enjoy the fruity taste of vapor while I'm drinking my after-work beers. There's also the inconvenience of my device being about the size of a light saber handle and sometimes the "tank" on the top gets leaky.. not something I want to carry in my pocket.

Usually I vape from 8-5.. then basically chain smoke 12-15 cigarettes while drinking around 6 beers. Better, but not ideal. Before trying vaping, I was up to easily smoking a pack and a half a day during a stressful month or two.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote:Usually I vape from 8-5.. then basically chain smoke 12-15 cigarettes while drinking around 6 beers. Better, but not ideal. Before trying vaping, I was up to easily smoking a pack and a half a day during a stressful month or two.
A pack of cigarettes is twenty, so you've gone from some unspecified amount through vaping, plus 3/4 of a pack and six beers. Unless the 'net' amount you got through vaping for 8 hours is less than another 3/4 pack, your net result is you're consuming as much if not more carcinogens than you were before vaping, plus adding a six pack of beer.

Way to go on reducing your cigarette consumption </sarcasm>
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
Jizaboz wrote:Usually I vape from 8-5.. then basically chain smoke 12-15 cigarettes while drinking around 6 beers. Better, but not ideal. Before trying vaping, I was up to easily smoking a pack and a half a day during a stressful month or two.
A pack of cigarettes is twenty, so you've gone from some unspecified amount through vaping, plus 3/4 of a pack and six beers. Unless the 'net' amount you got through vaping for 8 hours is less than another 3/4 pack, your net result is you're consuming as much if not more carcinogens than you were before vaping, plus adding a six pack of beer.

Way to go on reducing your cigarette consumption </sarcasm>

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

End of day 2.

Didn't smoke for two days. I really, REALLY want to go buy a pack. The drive to do it is strong.

I vape. It's like holding your head over a pot of boiling sugar water and holding your mouth open. It feels fake. I can tell it's vapor. I can tell it's not real smoke. A cheap fake substitute that cannot compare to the joy of taking a nice, long hit from a delicious cancer stick.

I catch myself coming up with thoughts about "vaping isn't safe either, people had batteries explode in their face." Making up excuses for myself so I can lie to myself and justify the trip to the store for a pack...

Waiting for day 3 to come.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

End of day 3.

Coffee drinking is almost ruined. It's not the same without a smoke. Neither are movies. Neither is work. When I click the "Rebuild Project" button, I'm still leaning back in my chair sometimes, extending my hand towards the ashtray to grab the now non-existent pack of smokes, followed by the thought of "I ran out, need to go to the store."

Everything sucks.

Except video games. I haven't played so much Counter-Strike since ever. It keeps my mind off wanting to go grab a pack of cigarettes. I'm making it to Global Elite, y'all. Need to learn Russian though for better voice comms. "Cyka blyat rash bee no stoap."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Have you gone this long before, and if so, what's your max?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

pinback wrote:Have you gone this long before, and if so, what's your max?
First time.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Good luck. Yeah, I can imagine the coffee and smoke thing being exactly like beer and smoke. For some reason I don't crave it at the same time as drinking black coffee.

Damn right on Counter Strike! Really any game that keeps your hands busy and doesn't allow for pausing much helps just not think about it.

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I wonder what the percentage of this is compared to cell phones exploding on people's ears.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

DAMN! Yeah I'm not gonna lie. The first time I turn mine on I always hold it away from me in paranoia ha

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

End of day 4.

I stink. Of tobacco. I just noticed. My favorite coat smells of tobacco, so do many of my shirts. Nobody told me. Why the fuck didn't anyone tell me? I couldn't tell for myself, since my nose seems to have developed smell-canceling adaptive multiresolution filter banks.

That made me sound smart.

I'm burning through eJuice like a hooker through condoms. I ordered a 1.8 Ohm coil and a tighter tip to compensate. The sub-ohm, nuclear-power-plant-levels-of-wattage cloud chasing bullshit ends up costing me four times as much as tobacco. And it might cause the damn thing to explode in my face. And it makes me look like a douche.

The tank is sometimes leaking. Instead of smelling like a cigar factory in a forest fire, I now smell like I use Coca Cola syrup as aftershave.

Went shopping. I spent way too much time staring at the tobacco section.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Nobody told you because although they hate smoking, they like and/or love you, and didn't want to hurt your feelings. If you ever relapse and resume smoking, you don't need to tell those people because they'll smell it immediately. They will keep a straight face and pretend not to smell it, but they will, and it will make them sad.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

About that leaking, are you using a rebuildable atomizer in your tank (you have to change the cotton yourself) or is it a prebuild (you throw away the atomizer every few days and just put in a new one)?