The thread about notes left on cars.

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

The thread about notes left on cars.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think that leaving a note on a car is the biggest pussy move a human can make.

They are ALWAYS anonymous, of course. Because that's what cowards do. I'd like this thread to be a discussion about notes that others have left on your car and what pieces of shit those cowards are.

I had to take my dry cleaning in today to have some clean clothes. This means that I drive the car. I parked it a block or so from work.

I very rarely drive my car, I usually take the motorcycle or walk. When I came out to drive home this evening I saw that there was a waterlogged note under my wipers. Great! I love this shit.

The note read, "TRY PARKING ON YOUR OWN SIDE SOMETIME"

And that's it. Of course. Because that's what babies do, they leave notes.

It was odd to get it where I parked. I had never parked my car there before. In fact, it had been days if not weeks since I had last driven to work. I DID leave my car parked on the other side of the street at home at the new house though.

Is it possible that one of my neighbors left it for me? If so I am going to ring the doorbell and punch some teeth. (OK, not that, but I am aching to confront someone over a note.)

So here's the pros and cons of where it could have been left:

* If it was left by my neighbor, it means that I didn't see it this morning.

* I have spoken to this neighbor when they were putting grass in. This was a couple weeks ago. I asked if it would be easier for them to put in grass if I moved my car. (I put literally no thought into which side I park on at home - whatever's got less cars there.)

* Melissa's dad has also met them and they were nice and expressed how happy they were that we moved in and were fixing our place up, as opposed to the Weiner Magnate that turned it into a slum.

But...

* If the note was left near work, it means there's a crazy person that is angry enough to leave a note, but too fucking stupid to realize I've never parked there before.

So I dunno. There is another black WRX of the same age in this neighborhood, so that could be it.

Please tell me about the most pathetic note anyone has ever left you.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

This is about notes I left.

Well, there were two notes, one anonymous, one with my name, address, and phone number.

The first was when I was backing out of a car repair place into the parking lot about 10pm, then turned and drove off. I thought I heard something so I drove back and sure enough there was a bump on the front of a car right near the place where I had exited the garage, so I first got on my cell phone and called Geico to tell them to cover me. Then I left a note on the windshield saying I thought I might have hit his (or her) car.

I did the right thing after all. If I did hit them, they never contacted me, and it's been, oh, at least 15 years.

Second was when I first started having problems walking, had to use a cane, and was in pain a lot when I did walk, so I called up the Arlington County Public Works department and asked them if they could put a handicapped-only parking space on the street near where I live (since, obviously, I had a handicap permit) so I wouldn't have to walk very far.

The county was very nice and it was up in a week, fully marked by a "handicap parking only" sign on a post at the start and end of the space. Now, this was nice, it was right in front of my house, very convenient for a man who suffers from knee pain when walking, but, unfortunately, it took away a parking space on the street. So, for the next month, whenever someone parked there, the first thing we did was look to see if they had handicap tags or a handicap placard hanging from the rear-view mirror, If they did, fine, they have just as much right to park there as I do. If they didn't, we wanted to be fair, so one of us would put a polite note on the windshield letting them know that the space was now reserved for handicapped users, since they might not have been paying attention and not realized it had been changed.

After a month, if anyone else parked in "my" space and they didn't have an HC plate or placard, I or my sister would get the vehicle make, color, and their license plate number and call the non-emergency number for Arlington County police to report it. Just like it says on the sign, it's a $500 fine for illegally parking in a handicap space.

The county probably made thousands of dollars in fines over the years from people who weren't looking.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I don't leave notes..

.. I leave dents.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'll just key the car.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Seriously, what kind of person tries to express an idea by leaving a note? Doing innocent yet costly damage proves the same (read no) point and pisses them off.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote:After a month, if anyone else parked in "my" space and they didn't have an HC plate or placard, I or my sister would get the vehicle make, color, and their license plate number and call the non-emergency number for Arlington County police to report it. Just like it says on the sign, it's a $500 fine for illegally parking in a handicap space.
You're the worst kind of human being there is, a hypocritical busybody. Busybodies stick their nose in other people's business, you're someone who ate himself into a wheelchair then decided to go on a mission to stop people from using a parking spot that you wouldn't have had access to except for your own slovenly behavior. If you or your sister had spent half this time dieting or exercising then you might not have needed a forklift to weigh yourself.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Are you pointing out the fact that Tdarcos is a bored son of a bitch that delights in being right even if his own understanding is completely off from reality?

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

RetroRomper wrote:Are you pointing out the fact that Tdarcos is a bored son of a bitch that delights in being right even if his own understanding is completely off from reality?
I'm saying he's an extra asshole because "too fat to walk" shouldn't even get disability tags.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote:You're the worst kind of human being there is, a hypocritical busybody. Busybodies stick their nose in other people's business
No, it is my business. I asked for a handicapped space because I have a disability and because I am in pain from walking (I had the space back when I could walk). That space is properly marked and when someone who isn't handicapped parks there they put me at an extreme inconvenience and exacerbate my disability.
you're someone who ate himself into a wheelchair
Do you eat 100% healthy all the time? Are you saying you never make mistakes?
then decided to go on a mission to stop people from using a parking spot that you wouldn't have had access to except for your own slovenly behavior.
We don't decide whether someone's disability is valid or not simply because they made mistakes. If someone breaks their leg by recreational skiing, I suppose you would say they don't deserve any assistance either.
If you or your sister
Stop right there. You know nothing about her and have no grounds to talk. She happens to be normal size.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

RetroRomper wrote:Seriously, what kind of person tries to express an idea by leaving a note? Doing innocent yet costly damage proves the same (read no) point and pisses them off.
And you think putting hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of damage on someone's car just out of pique is a good idea? Doesn't it seem out of proportion? As opposed to simply putting a note there? Plus, do you realize in some states intentionally causing more than $200 damage is a felony? Do you really think it's worth it?

And what happens if the guy catches you? Consider what Travolta said about the (unknown) guy that keyed his car in Pulp Fiction.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The thread about notes left on cars.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

As it turns out, the note was left by the neighbor across the street. The neighbors that are on the other side of our house thought she was a harmless dumbass drunk and had nothing but contempt for her. I did park it on "her" side for the next two months. I never got a second note.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Do I count as a piece of shit if I left a note on a really dirty car by drawing the text "clean me, you lazy fuck" on the dirt it was covered in? That's a really popular one too. The other one is drawing penises, which I'm guilty of as well.

(In my defense, that was like 20 years ago.)

Casual Observer

RealNC wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:56 pm Do I count as a piece of shit if I left a note on a really dirty car by drawing the text "clean me, you lazy fuck" on the dirt it was covered in?
Unless you know the car's owner then, yeah, don't do that.

Casual Observer

I forgot there was a thread for this. When I take BART to work or SF, the closest station to me doesn't have enough parking so if I don't get there by 6am then I have to park somewhere in the neighborhood around the station. We used to be able to park in this open field across from Safeway but they fenced that off last year so now there's hundreds of cars parking on neighborhood streets. So I get a note saying "NO BART PARKING" with no way to figure out which house it came from.

The next day I left a note on my windshield and an old cell phone sitting on the dashboard. My note said something to the effect that "To whoever put a note on my car yesterday: If you don't want BART riders parking here then you need to do the legal thing and request no-parking signs from the city or better yet, get BART to add more parking. Also, I have set up a cell phone with motion capture video on the dashboard so already have a picture of you. I will call the police if I find that you have touched my car." I've received no more notes after that.