Paul Robinson Death Watch 2K15

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Paul Robinson Death Watch 2K15

Post by pinback »

Nobody's seen or heard from him in weeks. And he's "offline" on Skype, which he never, ever, ever is.

Did it finally happen?!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I've got his phone number saved in my contacts. Should I try calling him after work?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Yeah, let's make that happen.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I will be sad to learn of his death, but it would be nice for one guy around here to shove off without taking anybody with them.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Called him. Went straight to his voicemail. Left a message telling him it was me and I hadn't talked to him or seen him post in quite some time. Told him I hope he's doing OK and call me back if he can.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Jizaboz wrote:Called him. Went straight to his voicemail. Left a message telling him it was me and I hadn't talked to him or seen him post in quite some time. Told him I hope he's doing OK and call me back if he can.
Same.

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

He never gave us a way to contact his sister? How could we be so poorly prepared for this day?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

:-(

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Just talked to him!

He's been in the hospital, then rehab for some congestion and fluid-retaining issues. He's in good spirits, telling jokes, and is on new medication.

He said to let you guys know he's alright and will be sharing the whole ordeal when he can. I guess once taxis out of rehab.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

:-)

pinback

Post by pinback »

Jizaboz wrote:Just talked to him!

He's been in the hospital, then rehab for some congestion and fluid-retaining issues. He's in good spirits, telling jokes, and is on new medication.

He said to let you guys know he's alright and will be sharing the whole ordeal when he can. I guess once taxis out of rehab.
Say it the way he said it:

"My nutsack swelled up so big I couldn't even steadily operate my wheelchair."

THAT's what happened.

He talked to me for 25 minutes. I don't mean we had a 25 minute conversation. I mean he talked to me for 25 minutes.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

You're a good listener.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Well yeah, I mean.. right. I was going to let him explain all the gory details.

And yeah, we talked about 15 minutes or so then I explained I had to get back to work.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I have a temporary reprieve. I checked out of the nursing home/rehab facility from 9:30 to 3pm today because, being Sunday, I really have no activities scheduled; no rehabilitation or anything else. Essentially my only options are (1) watch TV; (2) sleep.

I am using the time to have Metro Access (the paratransit facility operated by the transit authority) to bring me home and take me back in order to (1) get my power wheelchair and charger and bring it back with me, then bring the manual they loaned me back with me; (2) catch any mailed bills that haven't been paid; get my USB plug-in charger for my cell phone; (4) bring reading glasses (the $1 ones of 3.25 work fairly well); (5) put some bills up for scheduling for monthly payment using Citibank bill paying service to prevent them from being late (I had to call 5 credit card companies from my hospital bed to let them know that while I do have the money to pay all of them, I'm in the hospital and have neither access to my checkbook nor my computer, so I can't pay them. Now that I have short-term access to my computer to do so I will, then whether I'm still in rehab for 2 days or 2 weeks they will be taken care of.

I'll tell the whole story later on. To clarify, the real problem was congestive heart failure and an infection. What actually made me call 9-1-1 was that my nut sack was the size of a cantaloupe - I am not kidding - and with a scrotum that size it made my balance wrong that on a small downward angle on the sidewalk I felt like I was tipping forward!

Thanks to all of you wo cared about me, and yuck fou to those who didn't. (Yes, I know I inverted it, it's supposed to be for comic relief.)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

First off: glad you're back and doing OK.

Are you planning on any dietary changes so that you can live longer?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:First off: glad you're back and doing OK. ?
That makes (at least) 2 of us!
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Are you planning on any dietary changes so that you can live longer?
Absolutely. With my luck I'm not going 2 have a nice quick death, I'm going to live a long time and failing to take care of myself will result in me spending time sick, which is totally no fun.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well, maybe typing out "to" instead of "2" would be a way to get a bit more exercise going forward. But I suspect you might have written that on a tablet? Ahhh I'm just kidding around. Take care of yourself, big guy - for you and for us.

CO

Post by CO »

Tdarcos wrote:What actually made me call 9-1-1 was that my nut sack was the size of a cantaloupe - I am not kidding - and with a scrotum that size it made my balance wrong that on a small downward angle on the sidewalk I felt like I was tipping forward!