Aug 12 show

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:The only thing I will add here is that there should NOT be a new rule against leaving the vehicle.
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-f ... 33022.html
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Whups, too late. Once again, legislation rules over common sense.

THE
DEAD CRIMINALS
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think the thing is, every driver is going to make their own decision. Who gives a crap what the rule is - they know better than anyone else if they should head for the hills or not.

But at the same time, let's be realistic: there's actual "adults" out there who feel something "must be done."

" "
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Also, so, Tony Stewart was found guilty and Tdarcos was found not guilty.

So far, just so everyone is paying attention, Tdarcos was proven to NOT have Asperger's and proven to NOT have destroyed this BBS.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I think the thing is, every driver is going to make their own decision. Who gives a crap what the rule is - they know better than anyone else if they should head for the hills or not.
I don't watch Nascar, but I watch a lot of F1 and WRC, and if anyone gets out of the car and tries to pull off that shit, he's getting banned for the next races. If you don't enforce such rules, people might get killed.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I think the thing is, every driver is going to make their own decision. Who gives a crap what the rule is - they know better than anyone else if they should head for the hills or not.
I don't watch Nascar, but I watch a lot of F1 and WRC, and if anyone gets out of the car and tries to pull off that shit, he's getting banned for the next races. If you don't enforce such rules, people might get killed.
Saying, "you're banned for the rest of the year if you try to confront another driver on the track" is fine, but you can't make an arbitrary rule about staying in your car for an arbitrary length of time. Race car drivers are probably the smartest athletes going, and have infinitely more awareness regarding the condition of their cars than a blanket rule can cover.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Just to clarify, the rule says that if you're in danger, of course you get out of the car. If you're not, then sit there until track officials get there to take you to the ambulance. It's not all that much different to what already happens. Before they might get out of the car and dick around, inspect the damage, grab their package until the officials got there, or in rare cases, get all mad and start throwing helmets.

Now they just gotta sit there.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

What I meant was not just getting out of the car. Obviously you need to get out after a crash. You get banned for getting out of the car and then trying to confront someone who's still racing.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Isn't this a problem natural selection would eventually fix? Let anyone who wants to get out of their car (or hell, spectators for that matter) walk out on to the racetrack anytime they want and mount grills, knives or machine guns to the front of the race cars. I'll bet anything ratings go up the first time someone's cut in half during a live broadcast (hell, I'D watch!) and people would either stop running out on to the track or we would run out of people willing to do so very quickly.

[youtube][/youtube]
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I like the natural selection aspect. The drivers that let emotion overrule sensibility will be mourned.

THE
LET NATURE TAKE
IT'S ROAD COURSE
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

I think they should ban getting out of your car, but only when Tony Stewart is in the race.

Flack

Post by Flack »

You want a ratings spike? Ban staying IN the cars! Once every five laps make the drivers pull to the outside and then have to run to the inside for something. Bonus points for taking a selfie while doing it.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:Isn't this a problem natural selection would eventually fix? Let anyone who wants to get out of their car (or hell, spectators for that matter) walk out on to the racetrack anytime they want and mount grills, knives or machine guns to the front of the race cars. I'll bet anything ratings go up the first time someone's cut in half during a live broadcast (hell, I'D watch!) and people would either stop running out on to the track or we would run out of people willing to do so very quickly.
Wasn't that the entire plot of Death Race 2000? For a female warden, she sure had balls.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.