The show is TONIGHT! RIGHT NOW! (In five minutes)

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

The show is TONIGHT! RIGHT NOW! (In five minutes)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Wait, that won't work, it's:

http://donrogersshow.com/listen

Flack

Post by Flack »

What did everybody think?

I thought the Jew and ICJ didn't talk enough and I talked too much. The Aspergers quiz, while funny, seemed to go on much longer when listening back to the show.

I would not say it was the best one ever (that still goes to the Match Game) but it was top 5 for sure. Probably top 3. The ring rust has been dusted off. 14 months was too long to wait. I feel the momentum building. 2014 is Don Rogers' year!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote:What did everybody think?
I think people should just enjoy the goddamn show (or not) without ANALYZING it afterward.

That's just my opinion.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Perhaps more in the spirit of how to make the show better rather than a critique that will just make you want to re-tool.

Is the show really going weekly?

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote:
I think people should just enjoy the goddamn show (or not) without ANALYZING it afterward.

That's just my opinion.
Wait, your opinion is that nobody should have an opinion?

The Asperger test needs retooling.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:Perhaps more in the spirit of how to make the show better rather than a critique that will just make you want to re-tool.

Is the show really going weekly?
Every Tuesday!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote:
pinback wrote:

That's just my opinion.
Wait, your opinion is that nobody should have an opinion?

The Asperger test needs retooling.
I just guess I find it distasteful when people give "helpful advice" that hasn't been asked for.

That's on me, though. That's my own character flaw. Please, go about your business.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The show opened with a three minute song comparing a yeast infection to a grilled cheese sandwich.

I would say your ability to determine what is and isn't distasteful is, at best, suspect.

pinback

Post by pinback »

/laugh sound effect

Ice Cream Jonsey

I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny. I am going to start promoting the show on Flack's BBS and my goal is to have a real guest - someone we don't already know - for Tuesday.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny.
Either that means I am not included in "everybody" or it puts paid to your claim that I have never been funny. Which is it, Godfather (Don) Rogers?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Paul, I know you don't and cannot understand this, but you are only funny when you aren't trying to be funny. When you try to be funny, you're not. And when you're not trying to be funny, you are. You're like the Australia of comedy.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:Paul, I know you don't and cannot understand this,
I am sick of this. That's a goddamed fucking copout, and worse, you know it. If you can't define it, it means you lack the knowledge to do so and are not qualified to give an opinion.

If you knew that something was wrong, you could simply say what it was. I get really sick of fucking stupid people, who say things they have no basis for their claims, and when called on it, cannot answer as to why they think what they think.

This is why I have my specific nickname for the inmates who infest Caltrops, they proceed to say I have various mental diseases, but when I aslk for evidence - meaning something other than them blowing smoke out of their ass - I get silence. They are worse than I am, they have no original ideas and can only parrot other people's uninformed remarks.
but you are only funny when you aren't trying to be funny. When you try to be funny, you're not. And when you're not trying to be funny, you are. You're like the Australia of comedy.
And this is supposed to mean? I mean, seriously, you and everyone else pull the same cop out. You say I have some problem, and that I'm too stupid or incompetent to understand what it is.

I happen to be a bit smarter than you might think. One time my sister asked me what my IQ was. I said the last time I was tested at about 12 I had verbal of 130 and written of 95, for a total of 115. She said, "I don't believe that, my IQ is 140 and you're much smarter than I am."

If you can't explain it, maybe it's because you're wrong and you know you are. But you don't want to be caught to you claim you can't explain it.

But if I am ever to try and fix this alleged problem you claim I have, if you can't identify it, then how the fuck am I supposed to try to correct the problem?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
I am sick of this. That's a goddamed fucking copout, and worse, you know it. If you can't define it, it means you lack the knowledge to do so and are not qualified to give an opinion.
No, it means we've all tried to tell you this many times in the past, and you refuse to believe it. LOOK: If 100% of us tell you you have no idea how to be funny, it might actually be true.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny.
Either that means I am not included in "everybody" or it puts paid to your claim that I have never been funny. Which is it, Godfather (Don) Rogers?
You're funny when you are on radio. You're extremely funny, and no, not in a "laughing at you" way. There is SOME of that, but not all. Hell, everyone laughs at me on that show, too.

As stated later in the thread, your attempts to tell jokes on BBSs is lacking, but shit man, you're fucking gold on radio.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:

You're funny when you are on radio. You're extremely funny, and no, not in a "laughing at you" way. There is SOME of that, but not all. Hell, everyone laughs at me on that show, too.
I was going to disagree, but I will admit that "like walking" was the best line not only of the last show, but of all of the shows put together. And by "all of the shows", I mean every show that's ever been created, in any medium, in the history of the planet.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
No, it means we've all tried to tell you this many times in the past, and you refuse to believe it. LOOK: If 100% of us tell you you have no idea how to be funny, it might actually be true.
Do not lie to me goddammit, YOU HAVE NEVER TOLD ME WHAT WAS WRONG AND WHY IT IS SO. All you do is proceed to say I have some problem, but you never once said to me WHY you believe I have the problem. Or, if it is capable of mitigation, how to do so.

At one point essentially 100% of the medical community believed people got stomach ulcers from stress and bad diet, when it turned out they're caused by viruses. At one point essentially 100% of the populace believed the world was flat.

To paraphrase H.G. Wells, the entire worldwide population voting nemine contradcente cannot vote to ignore the fundamental laws of the universe, and if they do, they will slam back with violence. The more serious the denial, the more horrendous the payback for ignoring reality.

Just because a large number of people believe something does not necessarily mean they are correct. Especially when asked to explain their reasons why they believe something and do not have an answer.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Why does every thread in this bbs end up as some kind of argument?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:

As stated later in the thread, your attempts to tell jokes on BBSs is lacking, but shit man, you're fucking gold on radio.
That may be a personality trait. As far back as when I was 12, my verbal IQ was determined to be about 30% higher than my writen IQ, meaning that what I say off the top of my head probably works better than what I take the time to write. I notice in a number of cases where I've been able to come up with something in my head and say it faster than I can take the time to write it.