ACK user file page is under construction

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

rld

ACK user file page is under construction

Post by rld »

Well, finally I have gotten around to posting some of the
driveHQ-submitted files to a page on the 80sgaming.org
site:

http://www.80sgaming.org/ack_files/default.htm

Everyone should be able to download these from that location. Garth, jupider, if you could take a look and make sure your submissions packages download correctly and look ok, I would appreciate it.

And Chris, if this looks ok, I will link it up to the main page after I clean it up and add a couple other things (like the uploading instructions for new submissions).

Admiral Ackguh

Problems with TESTRPG

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

TESTRPG.zip - ACK Game - RPG demo game using 'Pen and Paper' tileset.
I am having problems with this. I created a new folder TESTRPG in ACK\ACK\GAMES, copied everything from TESTRPG.ZIP (46 files), and am unable to open Configure Adventure, Map Editor, Import/Export, Edit Objects, or Edit Macros. Tile Editor opens, but with blank tiles. Are you sure all the required files are in the zip file?
- A:A:

jupider

Post by jupider »

Hmm... I'll look into that. Not sure where the problem may be. Stand by...

jupider

Post by jupider »

...Well, the original game directory is "TEST-RPG" not "TESTRPG"

Try renaming the directory with the hyphen included and test it again. Let me know if that works.

[EDIT] Well, I just tested that theory, and it still opens and is editable even without the hyphen in the directory name. :( What version ACK are you running (I'm assuming 3.2?) And are you using the Windows Launcher? Are you running as an Administrator?

Also, I re-uploaded my folder as a .zip file to rld's dropbox. As soon as he replaces it (hint: look for the hyphen) download it again and give it another shot.

[EDIT. Again.] Okay, if using the Launcher and you launch each module individually (via the buttons), it will *NOT* load if the directory name has changed. (If you use the "Go!" button, essentially running ACK in a DOSBox, everything loads just fine, even with the directory named differently.) Going back to my original thought, if you put the hyphen into the directory, it should work fine.

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

jupider wrote: Try renaming the directory with the hyphen included and test it again. Let me know if that works.
It works!
Thanks for all your efforts exploring every possibility.
- A:A:

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

I was just testing it a moment ago and found that I needed the hyphen to load it using the launcher. Might want to edit the uploaded zip to include it. One less thing to cause problems for future down-loaders who may not have read this thread.

Also Jupider I see a few of those p&p tiles in the tile editor but dont see any maps that use them in the map editor. There only seems to be a single test rpg in the package as far as I can tell. Didn't you say your upload was a collection of things you worked on over the years?

Garth's Equipment Shop

jupider wrote:[EDIT. Again.] Okay, if using the Launcher and you launch each module individually (via the buttons), it will *NOT* load if the directory name has changed. (If you use the "Go!" button, essentially running ACK in a DOSBox, everything loads just fine, even with the directory named differently.) Going back to my original thought, if you put the hyphen into the directory, it should work fine.
I hope we haven't seen the last of jjsonick. I'm hoping he could whip up a revision of his launcher to take into account the possibility that an adventure directory name has changed.

About the file repository at 80sgaming.org. I REALLY REALLY hope we haven't seen the last of rld. (shudders in horror at the thought of losing him forever) If you are still lurking rld could you please edit the 80sgaming.org/ack/default.htm to include the link to your repository (default.htm) at 80sgaming.org/ack_files/ and also the link to upload to the repository on the repository page itself. Thanks bro.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

rld

Post by rld »

Garth's Equipment Shop wrote: About the file repository at 80sgaming.org. I REALLY REALLY hope we haven't seen the last of rld. (shudders in horror at the thought of losing him forever) If you are still lurking rld could you please edit the 80sgaming.org/ack/default.htm to include the link to your repository (default.htm) at 80sgaming.org/ack_files/ and also the link to upload to the repository on the repository page itself. Thanks bro.
LOL. No, relax, I'm still around; just trying to figure out what to work on when I actually get a bit of time to play with this stuff again.

I will take a look at the repository / 80sgaming.org stuff....

Garth's Equipment Shop

Oh thank God. Missed ya bro. I think I'll have more time soon. Been super busy helping my brother in law close his old business, set up his realty and auction website, remodel a house, and help prepare for a few live auctions he was conducting. Business is closed and auctioned off, website is done, house is done, and last auction starts this weekend. After that all I have to do is some weekly lawn maintenance at some of my brother in law's properties. Well, until he gets some new auctions or another house that needs remodeling that is.

rld

Post by rld »

Garth's Equipment Shop wrote:please edit the 80sgaming.org/ack/default.htm to include the link to your repository (default.htm) at 80sgaming.org/ack_files/ and also the link to upload to the repository on the repository page itself.
Done and done, and hopefully without breaking anything else on 80sgaming.org. :) Also I put a fixed version of TEST-RPG.zip on the download page (directory name change from TESTRPG.zip).

Garth's Equipment Shop

Awesome thanks rld. I'll see what I can do about getting more stuff uploaded. Mostly resources and such until I get one of those unfinished projects finished.