Warlords

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Warlords

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

So sometimes I go down to the barcade and have to play Warlords with this asshole who is worse than me. Should I punch him in the mouth to get him to shut up or fuck his daughter?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

We're gonna need pictures of the daughter. And his mouth.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

This is now the WARLORDS thread!!!

You think you kNOW Warlords? Well, you probably do. The most popular version was the Atari 2600 version:

That is a gorgeous game. And it was the first great four-player multiplayer game. (I think.) And the controllers were perfect for it - paddles and a button for "catching" the fireball.

The arcade version is similar, but with more stuff going on to end the game faster:

It is the lower game that we are trying to get to.

I have a board, a cabinet and a harness. Everything is currently set to work as an Arkanoid.

I am missing the cone buttons and the proper art on the control panels. But this is a conversion I believe in.

Won't you join me?

Ice Cream Jonsey

I started trying to get the control panels restored.

As stated, Arkanoid was there.

I can not get the goddamn spinners out. There is a metal pin keeping the knob to the control panel and it won't come out. This is after dealing with two stripped screws.

Best of all, over two years I have spent all this money on the cabinet, board and art... and literally, the day after I started the restoration, a guy posted a working one for $800 (less than what I have in mine).

And it is NOT SELLING.

Meaning the days of where a working Warlords was going for $3500 are long gone, I guess.

Actually, I think the value of a lot of arcade machines has tried the fuck up.

(I sometimes wonder if I should have thrown all the arcade money into my 401(k). I am at -1.50% for the quarter, according to the document I just got. Every single dollar I put into my find for the last three months I essentially lost, because the value dropped. So when I think about that, I don't worry about arcade games so much.)

faris

Post by faris »

Henry Weinhard's is the best brand commonly available at stores. Their beer is the swill of the craft beer world, but the root beer is top notch.

pinback

Post by pinback »

faris wrote:Henry Weinhard's is the best brand commonly available at stores. Their beer is the swill of the craft beer world, but the root beer is top notch.
I agree!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Warlords

Oh, I sold my Warlords parts back to the arcade guy around here called Exidy. I don't know what he did with them. That was also a mistake, as they are going for $5000 restored.