Don Rogers Show, 4/24, 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Don Rogers Show, 4/24, 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific

Post by pinback »

On this show we will discuss why SHOW ENEMY LARRY TRASK is trying to get the Don-Rogers-On-KHUM project SHITCANNED.

God dammit.

Listen at: http://majestic.wavestreamer.com:9916/listen.pls?sid=1

Skype in to "donrogersshow" to be a part of the hysteria.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh I am so pissed right now.

I am so pissed.

This fucking guy.
I apologize for that if you were indeed hurt by my remark. You'll note from my remark that I'm not exactly claiming that I know what a good radio show sounds like. Since we're apparently airing these things publicly, I'll just say that if you wanted to have your fake radio show be part of the real radio station of which I am the Assistant Program Director, perhaps you should have maybe mentioned it to me before going to my boss.

KHUM is a real radio station on real FM frequencies and your fake radio show is not something that you put a lot of effort into it. I have encouraged you every step along the way regarding the Don Rogers Show. I tried to be a part of it, but you didn't want me to be and I respected your decision in that regard. You're a hilarious person and perhaps the nicest, and certainly the smartest person I've ever met. But your radio show is not ready for the airwaves. It can be, and it probably will be if you keep at it, but it's not ready now.
YOUR BOSS ALREADY OKAYED THE FUCKING IDEA, JACKASS.

YOUR BOSS.

God.

How could I possibly be ready to do one hour on an overnight shift on a fucking hippie joke radio station? Even though the TAPES are already LEGENDARY.
I'll just say that if you wanted to have your fake radio show be part of the real radio station of which I am the Assistant Program Director, perhaps you should have maybe mentioned it to me before going to my boss.
YOUR BOSS GAVE IT THE THUMBS UP.

Oh my God.

GEE, THAT'S FUNNY, I WONDER WHY RADIO IS A DEAD FUCKING MEDIUM.

This is the most unbelievable thing I have ever heard.

pinback

Post by pinback »

This is my BEST FRIEND doing this to me, I want that noted.

The PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF THE STATION, a guy I met once, said he'd run the show. We were all set. We were GO FOR THROTTLE-UP.

Only one man could stop this, only one man stood in the way of me finally attaining my dream.

"Well, that sounds like trouble, unless the guy is YOUR BEST BUDDY OF ALL TIME!!"

I know, right?

This might just be it for me. When your BFF is the only one standing in your way, it might be time to pack it in.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Does LT ever call in to the show?

Does he even listen on a regular basis?

Does he 'get it'?

Does he even understand?

OR...

Maybe he's afraid. He's afraid you'll take over!

That comment about how terrestrial radio is dying is accurate. Podcast radio, available on demand, is the future.
Radio ratings are going down while downloads are going up. As a listener, I think the idea of you not having to toady to the FCC content police makes a much better show anyway.

THE
CHAINED AIRWAVES
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:Does LT ever call in to the show?
No.
Does he even listen on a regular basis?
No.
Does he 'get it'?
Absolutely not.
Does he even understand?
Absolutely not.
Maybe he's afraid. He's afraid you'll take over!
He's afraid some seventy-year-old hippie douchebag will get mad and call and complain, and then it will SULLY THE GOOD NAME of KHUM.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:He's afraid some seventy-year-old hippie douchebag will get mad and call and complain, and then it will SULLY THE GOOD NAME of KHUM.
Good name? You have to have some fame to have a good name; otherwise you're more-or less an unknown.

How big a station is it? What's its Arbitron rating? (Arbitron does radio; A.C. Nielsen does TV) It's some small station in the middle of either Oregon or somewhere near the Sacramento Valley in California, am I right? What's its listener count, 5,000, maybe 10,000 listeners?

If that.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:What's its listener count, 5,000, maybe 10,000 listeners?
Peaks out around 5k, at 5 PM, is what I'm told.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:What's its listener count, 5,000, maybe 10,000 listeners?
Peaks out around 5k, at 5 PM, is what I'm told.
KHUM is considered to serve the Eureka, CA area. It's big enough that it has a page on Wikipedia, and mentions Larry Trask as one of the on-air personalities.

According to AllAccess.com Spring 01 Quarterly report of Arbitron ratings, Eureka is market #311 in the U.S., and KHUM is the 9th station in that market.

By comparison with other members of Jolt Country, Colorado Springs is in market

(Continued next message)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

(Continued from previous message)

By comparison with other members of Jolt Country, Colorado Springs is market #91, Albuquerque is market #68, Buffalo is #56, Denver is #20, Washington DC is #7, Los Angeles is #2. If I missed your area it's because I don't remember or don't know what city you're in. Google "arbitron [your city]" and you'll find a mention of what ranking it is. (I had 'your city' in < > and PHPBB deleted 'city' even when I substituted > for the trailing symbol.)

I have the unique experience of having visited, stayed in or lived in all of these cities at some point in my life although I'm not sure about Colorado Springs, I think I went through it once visiting Four Corners back in the 1970s. It's in El Paso County and part of the story in my book takes place there.

I only just discovered that Arbitron is in the neighborhood, it's located in Columbia, Maryland, which is about 30 miles from me.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:(Continued from previous message)

By comparison with other members of Jolt Country, Colorado Springs is market #91, Albuquerque is market #68, Buffalo is #56, Denver is #20, Washington DC is #7, Los Angeles is #2. If I missed your area it's because I don't remember or don't know what city you're in. Google "arbitron [your city]" and you'll find a mention of what ranking it is. (I had 'your city' in < > and PHPBB deleted 'city' even when I substituted > for the trailing symbol.)

I have the unique experience of having visited, stayed in or lived in all of these cities at some point in my life although I'm not sure about Colorado Springs, I think I went through it once visiting Four Corners back in the 1970s. It's in El Paso County and part of the story in my book takes place there.

I only just discovered that Arbitron is in the neighborhood, it's located in Columbia, Maryland, which is about 30 miles from me.
Does any of this have anything to do with anything that anybody here was talking about? PAUL???

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

If the sun is the thread topic, his post is like a comet that swoops near, but not very close, and then goes back into the distant reaches of space.

THE
HALE-BOPP
AARDVARK