The war between Jonsey and me begins here and now

The Future of Radio begins..... now. <a href="http://donrogersshow.blogspot.com">http://donrogersshow.blogspot.com/</a>
Post Reply
User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

The war between Jonsey and me begins here and now

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Since he's essentially said that he's okay with this whole incident being exposed, I'm going to show everything and let everyone else make their own decision about it. From my point of view, the only mistake I made was hitting 'reply all' instead of 'reply' and sending my response to both Jonsey and Pinback instead of just sending it to Pinback.

So let's begin with the first message, shall we?
From: Ben Parrish <deleted>
To: Paul Robinson <paul>
Cc: Robb Sherwin <deleted>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:23 PM
Subject: Don Rogers Show, 1/25/13

Hello Paul. I'm writing to you on behalf of my producer, Robb Sherwin, who continues to disappoint with his lack of dedication to the show and inability to properly prepare for and produce the goddamn thing.
Would you be interested in coming on the show on 1/25 (next Thursday) to play a radio version of the 70's game show classic "The Match Game"? If you are not familiar with the show, the game would feature you answering questions, and the other guests and the host trying to match your answers. I think it would be a lot of fun and would provide a rich source of comedy and and enjoying listening experience.
Let me know if that's something you'd want to be involved in, and I will schedule the game accordingly.
Thank you as always for your assistance, and I apologize again for Robb's failures.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

The show war, Part II

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Let's consider something. Jonsey claims to be the "producer" of the Don Rogers show. That makes him what is called in the entertainment business the showrunner. If Jonsey really is the producer / showrunner of this program, then contacting guests (like me) for a show is his responsibility, it's not that of the talent.

So I responded by saying that if Pinback felt his producer was inadequate, he should fire him. While I said it in crude terms, read what I said and realize that is all I said: fire him. I made the mistake of replying 'all' instead of reply, but despite what I said, I do not believe it was an insult, it was simply a statement of the truth, as ugly as some people might feel it is.

The following was my reply to the e-mail I got.
From: Paul Robinson <paul>
To: Ben Parrish <deleted>
Cc: Robb Sherwin <deleted>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: Don Rogers Show, 1/25/13

> Hello Paul. I'm writing to you on behalf of my producer, Robb Sherwin, who continues to disappoint with
> his lack of dedication to the show and inability to properly prepare for and produce the goddamn thing.

> Would you be interested in coming on the show on 1/25 (next Thursday) to play a radio version of the 70's game show classic "The Match Game"? > If you are not familiar with the show, the game would feature you answering questions, and the other guests and the host trying to match your
> answers. I think it would be a lot of fun and would provide a rich source of comedy and and enjoying listening experience.


"Count Dracula said, 'My Cousin Sidney is the world's shortest Vampire. He can't bite you on the neck, he can only bite you on the __________.'"

As it was Match Game 1975 and they had to be somewhat clean - innuendos were okay but you can't be explicit - they probably said 'ankle,' today, people probably would say 'ass.' The contestant said "knee" and Richard Dawson comes out in song, "Oh I went to Transylvania with a vampire on my knee..."

Yeah, I know the Match Game. "Survey says!" Oh wait, that was a different game show with Richard Dawson. They once did an episode where one of the other regulars - I think it was Charles Nelson Reilly - switched with Gene Rayburn, and Gene was answering a question while Charles was hosting.

I always wondered how it would have been if Dawson had done a guest hosting spot on the show.

Or then again, there was the one that Howard Stern did on his show, as reported in Private Parts:

"_________ Willow" "I've got Pussy." "I've got a sloppy pussy."

"___________ a doodle doo." "Cock." "Can I say it even larger so there will be a big cock coming out of my mouth?"
> Let me know if that's something you'd want to be involved in, and I will schedule the game accordingly.

Yeah, sure.
> Thank you as always for your assistance, and I apologize again for Robb's failures.

So shitcan his ass and get someone who can do the show correctly.
So how exactly is that an insult? He said Jonsey was not doing the job right. I simply replied since he felt his producer was not doing the job, that he should fire him and get someone who could. While it was in crude terms, that was all that I said. I didn't say anything about how he acted or whether he was good or bad, all I said was he should replace him.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

The show war, Part III

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Jonsey apparently didn't like this, and decided to insult me. Twice.
From: Robb Sherwin <deleted>
To: Paul Robinson <paul>
Cc: Ben Parrish <deleted>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: Don Rogers Show, 1/25/13

>> Thank you as always for your assistance, and I apologize again for Robb's
>> failures.
> So shitcan his ass and get someone who can do the show correctly.

Hey, DICKHEAD. I've got a Match Game question for you.

Eat a virulent splorg of fecund shitmeat, you disgusting,
circle-draining orb of fucking lost-cause humanity. You are a piece of
rotting garbage and I will make it my life's mission to destroy you
and everything you care about. "Correctly." Do the show CORRECTLY?! I
normally let you off the hook for your inability to understand the
slightest bit of context, but this is too much and too rich. Nobody
else in the world would put up with Ben's unshaking lack of
professionalism, his five-thumbed understanding of Skype and his
craven desire to run off everyone who gives him a chance with this
awful show. Die in a greasy hellfire, you goddamn piece __ shit.


Robb
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

The show war, Part IV

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 pm

And now, after he's insulted me, he expects me to apologize. If anything, he owes me an apology.
From: Robb Sherwin <deleted>
To: Paul Robinson <paul>
Cc: Ben Parrish <deleted>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: Don Rogers Show, 1/25/13

I demand an apology.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Paul Robinson <paul> wrote:
>> Hello Paul. I'm writing to you on behalf of my producer, Robb Sherwin,
>> who continues to disappoint with
>> his lack of dedication to the show and inability to properly prepare for
>> and produce the goddamn thing.
>
>> Would you be interested in coming on the show on 1/25 (next Thursday) to
>> play a radio version of the 70's game show classic "The Match Game"? > If
>> you are not familiar with the show, the game would feature you answering
>> questions, and the other guests and the host trying to match your
>> answers. I think it would be a lot of fun and would provide a rich source
>> of comedy and and enjoying listening experience.
>
>
> "Count Dracula said, 'My Cousin Sidney is the world's shortest Vampire. He
> can't bite you on the neck, he can only bite you on the __________.'"
>
> As it was Match Game 1975 and they had to be somewhat clean - innuendos were
> okay but you can't be explicit - they probably said 'ankle,' today, people
> probably would say 'ass.' The contestant said "knee" and Richard Dawson
> comes out in song, "Oh I went to Transylvania with a vampire on my knee..."
>
> Yeah, I know the Match Game. "Survey says!" Oh wait, that was a different
> game show with Richard Dawson. They once did an episode where one of the
> other regulars - I think it was Charles Nelson Reilly - switched with Gene
> Rayburn, and Gene was answering a question while Charles was hosting.
>
> I always wondered how it would have been if Dawson had done a guest hosting
> spot on the show.
>
> Or then again, there was the one that Howard Stern did on his show, as
> reported in Private Parts:
>
> "_________ Willow" "I've got Pussy." "I've got a sloppy pussy."
>
> "___________ a doodle doo." "Cock." "Can I say it even larger so there will
> be a big cock coming out of my mouth?"
>
>> Let me know if that's something you'd want to be involved in, and I will
>> schedule the game accordingly.
>
> Yeah, sure.
>
>> Thank you as always for your assistance, and I apologize again for Robb's
>> failures.
>
> So shitcan his ass and get someone who can do the show correctly.
>
>
>
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

The show war, The Final Salvo

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm

So now, everyone can see exactly what was involved, and as far as I can see, I did not insult him, he insulted me, and if anyone owes anyone an apology, he owes me one. I did not once say anything about him personally or make any comments about him.

If anything, the entire tirade he did against me simply provides a plea of nolo contender on his part and an admission of the validity of the conviction of incompetence that Pinback indicted him for. I'd say that his admission to this damning indictment is so egregious that he can't even raise an Alford plea.

And now, if I've misquoted, taken out of contest or otherwise changed the record of what actually happened, he can reply here and say exactly how I have in any way lied or misstated what happened.
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 8125
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by AArdvark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 am

Well this will make for excellent show content. There's more, but I will reserve my comments until after Thursday's episode.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:28 am

Paul, you're gonna come on the show tomorrow, right? With all this?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

pinback wrote:Paul, you're gonna come on the show tomorrow, right? With all this?
Yeah. I just wanted this out in the open because I think he overreacted, blew everything out of proportion, blew his stack and insulted me, then after he acts like something nasty expects me to apologize!
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:Paul, you're gonna come on the show tomorrow, right? With all this?
Yeah. I just wanted this out in the open because I think he overreacted, blew everything out of proportion, blew his stack and insulted me, then after he acts like something nasty expects me to apologize!
Okay good, just wanted to make sure. Also don't fall asleep.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 pm

pinback wrote:Okay good, just wanted to make sure. Also don't fall asleep.
Scnaw, scre, scuu huh? Did you say something? I must have drifted off for a moment.
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:Okay good, just wanted to make sure. Also don't fall asleep.
Scnaw, scre, scuu huh? Did you say something? I must have drifted off for a moment.
Ha! Excellent! Great stuff. See you tomorrow.

Unless ROBB'S GODDAMN THROAT DON'T HEAL.

I think he's pussying out, myself.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21942
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 am

Can we put this off until Friday? I seriously can't speak right now. I haven't had a cold that I couldn't beat with 12 hours of sleep since I was in high school. This is maddening.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:30 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Can we put this off until Friday? I seriously can't speak right now. I haven't had a cold that I couldn't beat with 12 hours of sleep since I was in high school. This is maddening.
You might try taking massive doses of vitamin C along with zinc. The C builds up your immune system, the zinc gets in the way of the receptors and helps prevent further cold virus cells from connecting.

By "massive" I mean some good Vitamin C capsules from GNC or some other good vitamin shop, in the 1000MG size. So you take two capsules every hour you're awake. It's helpful if they have bioflavonoids. It is essentially impossible to overdose on C - unless you were taking like 50 capsules at a time - because C is water soluble, it is evacuated every time you take a leak. By using a massive dose - 2 grams an hour - when you have a cold, you allow your system to have more ammunition to fight the war with the cold.
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

ICJ

Post by ICJ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Can we put this off until Friday? I seriously can't speak right now. I haven't had a cold that I couldn't beat with 12 hours of sleep since I was in high school. This is maddening.
You might try taking massive doses of vitamin C along with zinc. The C builds up your immune system, the zinc gets in the way of the receptors and helps prevent further cold virus cells from connecting.
Thanks, buddy. I am going to grab some of those on the way home tonight, those "Emergen-C" packets.

How are YOU surviving flu season?

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5601
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

ICJ wrote:Thanks, buddy. I am going to grab some of those on the way home tonight, those "Emergen-C" packets.

How are YOU surviving flu season?
By being in a rented room with the door closed inside a rooming house that doesn't get visitors. I see maybe one or two people a day during the maybe 1-2 hours a day I'm out of my room. (Like a corporate executive, I have my own private bathroom with shower connected to my office.) In fact, for the entire week the only exposure I've gotten to anyone who doesn't live here is the pizza guy who delivered one of Papa John's steak and cheese pizzas earlier this evening.

A definite advantage over Dominos since the Papa John's chain switched to Pepsi products, I can now get Mountain Dew along with the pizza.
"We don't try, to understand, the New York Times affect on man."
- The Bee Gees, Night Fever

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21942
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: The show war, Part III

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Tdarcos wrote:Jonsey apparently didn't like this, and decided to insult me. Twice.
From: Robb Sherwin <deleted>
To: Paul Robinson <paul>
Cc: Ben Parrish <deleted>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: Don Rogers Show, 1/25/13

>> Thank you as always for your assistance, and I apologize again for Robb's
>> failures.
> So shitcan his ass and get someone who can do the show correctly.

Hey, DICKHEAD. I've got a Match Game question for you.

Eat a virulent splorg of fecund shitmeat, you disgusting,
circle-draining orb of fucking lost-cause humanity. You are a piece of
rotting garbage and I will make it my life's mission to destroy you
and everything you care about. "Correctly." Do the show CORRECTLY?! I
normally let you off the hook for your inability to understand the
slightest bit of context, but this is too much and too rich. Nobody
else in the world would put up with Ben's unshaking lack of
professionalism, his five-thumbed understanding of Skype and his
craven desire to run off everyone who gives him a chance with this
awful show. Die in a greasy hellfire, you goddamn piece __ shit.


Robb

The word I was hoping for was "of". It was "of."
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post Reply