Don Rogers, 01/23/13

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Don Rogers, 01/23/13

Post by pinback »

Now there's a show. Will post the link when it's ready.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack

Post by Flack »

I thought the first 20 minutes (the interview with me) was not very good. I'm not a very good interviewee, but more than that, the style didn't fit Don.

I thought the last 40 minutes (the Match Game) was the best segment I've heard on the show to date. It was a blast to be a part of and was hilarious to listen back to. ("A goat!")
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote:I thought the first 20 minutes (the interview with me) was not very good. I'm not a very good interviewee, but more than that, the style didn't fit Don.
This is incorrect. The whole thing was a gag, with me pretending to try to be a real radio host, nervously and with great failing. That's why it was funny. Which it was.
the last 40 minutes (the Match Game) was the best segment I've heard on the show to date.
This is correct.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Made me laugh. Good show.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I thought it was absolutely hysterical, and I'm thinking, I'd like to do one in reverse; you get all the other people together and this time you have to give an answer while I ask the questions of you and we see if they match you. Only problem is I can't offer any money. But I think it would be fun to see how it would be with you on the hot seat.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

When I went to bed last night I told my wife I won a contest on a fake radio show for correctly guessing that a naked guy in a motorized scooter would say something about ordering a pizza with his own jizz on it. She asked me if it was the guy that made all the cooking videos. I said it was. She called me a retard and told me to never eat anything that guy prepares. Then we both went to sleep.

Thank you for the best night ever, Don Rogers.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

So is it time for questions now or wtf?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Here are the questions I had for Flack that Don did not use:
Don,

Robb Sherwin, producer of The Don Rogers Show here, with questions for Flack.

1. Unless he owed you money, Jack Tramiel was a wonderful man to do business with. Designer of the autobahn and Commodore 64, how did his death affect you personally?

2. You are writing a NEW BOOK, please tell us what it will be about.

3. You have to pick one arcade game to fuck Kesha on. Which you goin' with?

4. You have to pick one arcade to **make sweet love on**. You changin' it up?

5. Producer Robb Sherwin offered to help bring your 720 Degrees machine upstairs, but you wouldn't let him. Is that because of Oklahoma hospitality, or does your wife not want that fucking thing in the house?

6. What has been a bigger debacle by volume, the IBM PCjr or the Don Rogers Show?

And sell them this time. Sell these questions!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I asked two of the six. The fuck you want from me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote:I asked two of the six. The fuck you want from me.
I was merely putting the questions on-line, in case Flack gets interviewed in the future.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Those were good questions! Don Rogers will never have me back on as a guest so I will answer them for you.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:1. Unless he owed you money, Jack Tramiel was a wonderful man to do business with. Designer of the autobahn and Commodore 64, how did his death affect you personally?
It affected me personally when I wrote a blog post about how he was a jerk and a relative of his who had just left the funeral somehow found my post via Google and gave me a tongue lashing. He took offense that I called Tramiel a jerk, when I was actually quoting a former employee of his.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:2. You are writing a NEW BOOK, please tell us what it will be about.
I answered that one on the show. It's a book where I talk about bad games.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:3. You have to pick one arcade game to fuck Kesha on. Which you goin' with?
Hm. Gauntlet has that giant control panel and four joysticks to work with. Plus I'd like to hear the elf go "Ow!" everytime I thrust...
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:4. You have to pick one arcade to **make sweet love on**. You changin' it up?
That implies a slower pace and a more romantic setting. I'd change my answer to a sit down Star Wars environmental cabinet.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:5. Producer Robb Sherwin offered to help bring your 720 Degrees machine upstairs, but you wouldn't let him. Is that because of Oklahoma hospitality, or does your wife not want that fucking thing in the house?
I answered that one on the show. By biggest fear would be Robb Sherwin getting hurt, followed by the house getting hurt. There's no way you could hurt that cabinet.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:6. What has been a bigger debacle by volume, the IBM PCjr or the Don Rogers Show?
Boy, that's a tough one. Both started out rocky, but eventually made strides to improve their terrible products. IBM released a non-wireless, non-chiclet-style keyboard and offered upgrades via sidecards. The Don Rogers show had me on, had me as a sponsor, and had on the Match Game, the three best things the show has done. Besides letting Robb produce, of course. So while they both made efforts to improve, we will have to let history make the final decision.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:And sell them this time. Sell these questions!!
I think he did!