The Don Rogers Apologies Thread

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

The Don Rogers Apologies Thread

Post by pinback »

This is the thread where Robb Sherwin will apologize to people for things that occurred or were said on the Don Rogers Show.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

January 17th, 2013 -

Apologies in line for Commander Tdarcos and Larry "Clash" Trask. Gotta go swimming BE RIGHT BACK.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I was initially under the impression that Retro being on hold for the entire duration of the show was a "bit," but later discussions proved otherwise. Retro, there should be an apology in your gmail inbox.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I finally listened to it. This show sucks balls. Major. The host has no idea what he's doing and sounds like he'd rather be doing something else. Having that Paul dude on Skype makes the whole thing feel like one of those extremely embarrassing moments on "The Office"; someone tries to be funny, there's no response, and you feel the urge to change channel. It sucks so much, I love it. I'm gonna listen to the archived shows too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote:I finally listened to it. This show sucks balls. Major. The host has no idea what he's doing and sounds like he'd rather be doing something else. Having that Paul dude on Skype makes the whole thing feel like one of those extremely embarrassing moments on "The Office"; someone tries to be funny, there's no response, and you feel the urge to change channel. It sucks so much, I love it. I'm gonna listen to the archived shows too.
Yes, the host is irredeemable, but the production was great, right?

Here's the link to the old shows: http://moltobenny.com/drs/

pinback

Post by pinback »

RealNC wrote:I finally listened to it. This show sucks balls. Major. The host has no idea what he's doing and sounds like he'd rather be doing something else. Having that Paul dude on Skype makes the whole thing feel like one of those extremely embarrassing moments on "The Office"; someone tries to be funny, there's no response, and you feel the urge to change channel. It sucks so much, I love it. I'm gonna listen to the archived shows too.
Did you post this in this thread because you want an apology?

I know exactly what I'm doing, by the way, you humorless jackass.

Robb, apologize to this man.

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback wrote: I know exactly what I'm doing, by the way, you humorless jackass.
(Except as it pertains to the proper operation of Skype.)

Flack

Post by Flack »

Can I just go ahead and get one in advance? Always good to have these things on reserve.

Don't forget that the Pinback Auto Apology Generator is still on, in case the apology queue length continues to grow.

http://robohara.com/pinback/
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Production is stellar. Way better than what the show deserves. Did you guys rob a bank to get the equipment?

Apology accepted. You still suck, but the "I don't give a fuck" attitude makes the thing worth listening to.

You should record a "show" for Cyberganked, btw. Like the radio stations in Fallout 3, where Don gives us the news on humanity's impending doom in-game.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote:Production is stellar. Way better than what the show deserves. Did you guys rob a bank to get the equipment?
Ah-ha! See? I am the only one without a professional mic, so I made the command decision to stay in the background and only communicate over gchat.

Don fought with me over this. But as the producer, I stuck to my guns.

You were also correct in stating that Don wishes he was doing anything else.

You should record a "show" for Cyberganked, btw. Like the radio stations in Fallout 3, where Don gives us the news on humanity's impending doom in-game.
This is... this is brilliant. Holy shit. This is -- wow.

Nikos is really warming up to be the hot new genius find of 2013. I am going to let this idea bake around a bit, but doing this in some form would really be great. Don. Don???? Theme show!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Nikos is really warming up to be the hot new genius find of 2013. I am going to let this idea bake around a bit, but doing this in some form would really be great. Don. Don???? Theme show!
Sure, a guy who comes on here, doesn't know me but starts spamming that I suck in my own forum. Yeah, let's do whatever he says!

Jackass.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I'm the* listener now. I deserve respect.

* I got stuck for a moment there, not able to decide between "a" and "the".

pinback

Post by pinback »

RealNC wrote:I'm the* listener now. I deserve respect.

Call in Thursday night. You'll get all the respect you can handle, Gyro Boy.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I apologize for taking so long to get around to listening to the test / first new episodes. I need an apology however, for having to listen to the brake fluid joke.

Needs the sound effects stat if you are calling Rambles on a regular basis.

THE
ON AND ON AND ON
AARDVARK

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

pinback wrote:Call in Thursday night. You'll get all the respect you can handle, Gyro Boy.
I don't have anything to say. (Well, neither do you, but that doesn't stop you from doing a radio show.)

Also, Thursday night for you is something like Friday 6 AM over here, so that wouldn't work anyway. That's because the Earth is spherical in shape and rotates around its own axis while going around the sun, so the time of day is not the same for everyone. In Gyro land we're already aware of this, but you can't always be sure when talking to a Yank; some science school books over there have "for the actual truth, see the Bible" written on the cover. Hey, you could do a show about that. It was probably put there by Jews.

(Am I banned now? :-P)

pinback

Post by pinback »

RealNC wrote:(Am I banned now? :-P)
No. I'm not convinced you have a full grasp on the subtleties of the English language, and thus genuinely aren't aware of what a douchebag (that means "jerk") you're being.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

You started it. But I do like the show. I just finished listening to the one from 5/19/12. The bit at the end with the caller constantly hanging up was hilarious.

So please, even if I'm the only one listening (and not even live), keep doing more.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote:
RealNC wrote:I'm the* listener now. I deserve respect.

Call in Thursday night. You'll get all the respect you can handle, Gyro Boy.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Robb, if you could send one back the other direction, I owe Don Rogers an apology for my critiques of his previous shows. I was a bit harsh in some of them -- ouch! Please let Don know I accept his extended olive branch, and look forward to being on the next episode. I know that I and all his other guests will be treated with all the respect we deserve.

I've been working a bit on the design for the new staff t-shirts. Part of sponsoring the show will involve having the guys to wear this during any public appearances. I'd like to get The Jew to wear one during any future auditions but we'll work on that in the contract. I'm still playing with the design a bit. Plus sized shirts will have all the staff members listed on them.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I demand an apology from Don and Tdarcos for their criminal behavior toward me.