New Don Rogers Live Stream URL

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

New Don Rogers Live Stream URL

Post by pinback »

http://majestic.wavestreamer.com:9916/listen.pls?sid=1

Looking to do a show tomorrow (Jan 17) at 7 PM Pacific. Any takers?

"donrogersshow" on skype. (New address.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

That's about the time I got to bed here in EST mon-thur but I'll try to listen live some.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'll be making sure we can listen to the shows afterwards. I'll also see if I can get them uploaded to iTunes.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

God.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Lemme check to see how you did against Lance and Oprah.

... Well, shit.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

i have yet to figure out exactly why he calls me to be on his show, but then he doesn't really want to hear from me. Doesn't make much sense.

I suspect I'm going to be thinking a lot harder about whether I want to go to the effort of getting out of a nice warm bed and transit to a wheelchair at 9:30 at night to answer the <s>phone</s> err, I mean answer the Skype, when it's like my input isn't really wanted. I have no idea how to handle this; if I keep my mouth shut and wait to be asked something the show is the worst boring shit since the crap he plays as alleged music, and if I say something apparently it's the wrong thing and I risk being cut off.

Well, anyway, me and Retro Romper had a nice chat where I interviewed him about his job, and - ask him if you like - I actually let him do most of the talking, I did occationally speak a bit so I could explain what was going on.

I have half a mind to say maybe we should do one in reverse, I'll do his show and he can come on as a guest and see how that works. Maybe I'll not be very good but I'm sure I can probably be better than that disaster of a Don Rogers show.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Why are you being mean? You don't have to be mean. Everyone loves you on the show. I thought we worked great together as a team.

But okay, I will do your show if you do a show. I will take my shirt off and everything.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Paul, I say this to you as both the producer of the Don Rogers Show, and as a friend.

You knocked it out of the park.

You always do!

I was gonna tell Flack the same thing, but I'll just post it to the BBS. The thing you have to learn about this silly radio show is that you have to check everything you have done at the door. When I am involved in this thing, I am not Robb Q. Sherwin, maker of text games. I am the producer who gets yelled at. When you are involved, you are not Paul Q. Darcos, writer of that novel, you are a dude who says funny things.

You can't think you didn't get enough lines or that you didn't plug your latest project or whatever else. If Don keeps the show at an hour, then 99% of the stuff people prepare won't be able to make it on. And that's fine! It was funnier that Don said that we couldn't let Adam expand on the answers to the questions about voice over work because we were up against the end of the segment than if Adam actually answered. (And I wrote the questions and I wanted to know.)

I don't want to say that the magic of this goddamn show is that you have to leave your ego out of it, because it's not quite that. But that's close.

So never think that we don't want you on or that we don't want to hear from you. The show is set up so that nobody gets to provide the input that they want and that at the end, everyone ON the show is angry and frustrated. But that's the beauty of it for the listeners, they get to laugh at a bunch of idiots who go on a show that makes them unhappy.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I love it when Robb tries to figure the show out and come up with theories about how to approach it.

Robb, post an apology to yourself on my behalf in the apologies thread for this post.

pinback

Post by pinback »

This show and yesterday's legendary test session with Paul will be streaming continuously at http://majestic.wavestreamer.com:9916/listen.pls?sid=1 so listen to them over and over and over again until your ears bleed.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:This show and yesterday's legendary test session with Paul will be streaming continuously at (URL) so listen to them over and over and over again until your ears bleed.
I felt this piece on ears pushing something out was much more entertaining. (I had to go through six videos of this scene before I could find one that allowed embedding)

[youtube][/youtube]
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

So Paul, is everything cool? Everyone is cool now? This is not a show where you get thanked for your appearance. Nobody gets thanked for coming on. But we're cool, right? You're committed to next Thursday, same time?