Special Announcement.

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Special Announcement.

Post by pinback »

Listen to the SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT by going to http://thedonrogersshow.com and clicking the link, or just clicking this link right here!

http://thedonrogersshow.com/announcement.mp3
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'd be interested in hearing an on air reivew of a "Original Tommy's" hamburger. Is that in the cards? Or am I being unreasonable?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote:I'd be interested in hearing an on air reivew of a "Original Tommy's" hamburger. Is that in the cards? Or am I being unreasonable?
Oh I can tell you. Tommy's took over a former McDonalds near the intersection of Anaheim Ave. and Ximeno Ave. in Long Beach, so they had one that was near to me.

Their burger was great, the chili they put on was somewhat different from what you'd get on, say, a hot dog at a 7-11, it is a much thicker chili, similar to tomato paste in consistency. It's also a little bit spicier than I'm used to, but it wasn't too bad. This went over a regular cheeseburger, and it was delicious.

Now, what Ben can do is go to one and try it and tell us what he thinks. He also needs to get an In-N-Out burger (and a shake) because once you've had one of those you'll realize just how much McDonalds and other so-called fast food places have ruined cheeseburgers. And shakes.

I have some other suggestions. I'll pass them on subsequently.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Visiting Los Angeles/Southern California

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Listen to the SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT by going to http://thedonrogersshow.com and clicking the link, or just clicking this link right here!

http://thedonrogersshow.com/announcement.mp3
So you're visiting Los Angeles this week. Great. I have some suggestions.

Find a place to park your car in Long Beach, go early and catch the Orange County Transit Authority Route 1 bus, it runs from Long Beach, all the way down Route 1 to San Clemente, and takes about 2 hours. Then come back and get your car. Or better yet, take the bus from the airport to Long Beach, take the trip, then go rent a car. The Route 1 goes through essentially every beach community in Orange County and gives you the best way to see the ocean and the surrounding communities, plus the amazing Fashion Island/Newport Center community, which is a group of tall buildings around a shopping center.

I must have taken the complete trip up and back at least a 1/2 dozen times, and caught other buses for transfer at Fashion Island dozens of times. You have to make sure you catch the correct bus, as 1/2 of the Route 1 buses only go about 1/2 of the way to the Newport Transportation Center at Fashion Island. On the other hand, it's a shopping center, if you leave your car parked there most of the day, nobody is going to notice; you could take 1/2 of the trip to Long Beach and back, then 1/2 of the trip to San Clemente and back. At $1.50 each way, it's one of the cheapest sightseeing trips you'll ever take, and well worth it even if you end up paying four times.

The two major burgers you want to try are Tommy's Famous, which is a chili cheeseburger, and In-N-Out which is a plain cheeseburger. They're both good. I can't remember Tommy's fries, but the ones from In-N-Out make McDonalds run screaming in terror. As does In-N-Out's shakes.

I probably went out to LAX at least a dozen times (this was back in the 1980s before restrictions all but closed up most airports unless you have a ticket) because there were so many things to see there. As far back as when I was, oh, ten or 11 I had a rule that I had to see the airport of the city where I lived at least once. So I went to General Mitchell Field in Milwaukee. The old Denver Airport. San Diego Lindburg Field, Long Beach (CA) airport (not much to see) Orange County John Wayne (ditto), LAX, Midland Texas, Washington National, Dulles International, BWI Marshall. And I've been through JFK once and passed near Newark a few times.

When I lived in Long Beach circa 1987 they were just preparing to build the subway systems, they weren't started until long after I'd left. So if you get to ride a few of the lines, then you can tell me how it compares to the Metrorail here.

Ben, did you ever ride Baltimore's Light Rail system? I've done it probably a 1/2 dozen times. So if you've rode that maybe you can tell me how theirs compares to the one in LA. Since the metro system runs both underground and exposed at-grade (the trains are powered by overhead catenaries instead of a third rail the way DC's Metrorail system is), you can tell me if it seems any different.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

A morning show! Well, that will do it for me ever being on the Don Rogers again.

What time do you get up? This -- what the fuck. What the fuck? This is a fucking outrage!

You picked a time that I am literally getting ready for work and driving to work. I will never be able to hear it live again.

Fuck you, asshole!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

1. You burger people can't be serious. You do know I've lived in SoCal for about 6 of the last 12 years, and come here every month on business, right? But I will do a segment on hamburgers, if you insist. SNEAK PREVIEW: In-n-Overrated.

2. Special guest on the first Don Rogers Morning Show: GERRIT HAMILTON!

3. I have good reasons for moving it to the morning. I would ask that you, Robb, modify your work schedule accordingly. I would ask that you, Adam Leschack, quit your job entirely.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:1. You burger people can't be serious. You do know I've lived in SoCal for about 6 of the last 12 years, and come here every month on business, right? But I will do a segment on hamburgers, if you insist. SNEAK PREVIEW: In-n-Overrated.
Oh please, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining*. I've had In-N-Out burgers, fries and shakes. All good, and far better than anything MickeyD's or BK has ever made. They are not overrated, and telling someone like me who has eaten them that they are is an insult to my intelligence.

Unless In-N-Out has changed the method they make their food from the way they did when I was there - which was the way they had been making it for thirty years - it is not overrated. I have had it, it is very good, and it's better than probably everyone except maybe Johnny Rockets, only they're kind of pricey. (I haven't had an In-N-Out since 1987 or so; I don't know what they are like now.)

Five Guys does a good burger but I think In-N-Out would be better.

Oh wait, I'll add Tommy's Famous, because if you like chili burgers then theirs are considerably better than In-N-Out but as plain cheeseburgers I think In-N-Out was better than a plain Tommy's.

I sometimes wish I could get some In-N-Out shipped to me. Either that or maybe I'll figure a way to arrange to take a vacation and get one last look at Southern California before I die.

---
* Fletcher, The Outlaw Josey Wales

pinback

Post by pinback »

Didn't say In-n-Out wasn't good, partner. Didn't say it wasn't good.

Said it was over effing rated.

SECRET HINT: It's extremely highly rated.

Ice Cream Jonsey

What's Gerrit gonna be talking about on the show, DON?

pinback

Post by pinback »

That's up to him, but I'm hoping he'll LAY IT ALL OUT.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I'm ready to talk.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Didn't say In-n-Out wasn't good, partner. Didn't say it wasn't good.

Said it was over effing rated.

SECRET HINT: It's extremely highly rated.
If someone claims it's good, and you're saying the claims are overrated, you are therefore saying it is not good. Learn to understand English, Ben.

---
Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:If someone claims it's good, and you're saying the claims are overrated, you are therefore saying it is not good. Learn to understand English, Ben.
I didn't say YOU overrated it, Patty McBanquet, I said it's OVERRATED. By the PUBLIC. In GENERAL.

Learn to understand my boot up your pussy, Paul.

pinback

Post by pinback »

ChainGangGuy wrote:I'm ready to talk.
You heard it here, folks. Tune in Monday, 8-9 AM Pacific, 'cuz he's gonna LAY IT ALL OUT.

pinback

Post by pinback »

BAD NEWS:

The premiere of the Don Rogers Morning Show has been postponed to TUESDAY, June 5, due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict.

Once again, I apologize for the late notice and the lack of organization and reliability.

loafingcoyote

Post by loafingcoyote »

pinback wrote: The premiere of the Don Rogers Morning Show has been postponed to TUESDAY, June 5, due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict.
I'll be at work, so I'm afraid I'll have a permanent scheduling conflict. That's too bad, since I really enjoyed the bit of streaming I heard the other day(I've picked up the mp3's of the real show since then too). The recordings are good, but it's not the same as the live listening experience.

Is there a chance you would consider doing a special, once a week evening show for those of us that can't possibly make the morning programs?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Learn to understand my boot up your pussy, Paul.
How can you put a boot up my pussy? I do not have a cat.

On the other hand, if you're referring to my sex organ, guess again, or else I'll post "the Elephant picture" which both my sister and Andrea throught were hilarious.

The Elephant Scene - it was not then a picture - was when my sister was having a problem with her 26-inch console television (the old ones that sat on the floor as furniture), and she asked me to check the cable TV wiring. Well, as it happened, I wasn't wearing anything, but I went to check the connection on the back of the TV. So I'm bent over the front of the TV, when my sister walks back into the room. What she sees is a huge, fat guy from the ass down, with a huge ball sack hanging, and browned thigh patches, It was like a miniature of an elephant. She burst out laughing.

I decided a few years later to memorialze this. I put a camera on a tripod, set the camera to the right angle, then put the self-timer on. Then bent over a bed and mooned the camera. I had a copy made in a full 9x12 at the automated counter at a place that develops digital photos. I mailed it - in a manilla envelope - to my best friend. Andrea noted that you can see the tip of my dick.

So be very careful about claiming something about someone else when they've got the pictures to prove you wrong.

----
One time I had to take my mother into the hospital because she had terrible stomach pains. MRI and X-Rays discovered she had undigested fecal matter still in her intestines. So, from that point on, whenever my mother said something stupid, I'd say to her, "Ma, you are full of shit. And I have the pictures to prove it."

pinback

Post by pinback »

loafingcoyote wrote: Is there a chance you would consider doing a special, once a week evening show for those of us that can't possibly make the morning programs?
Yes.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote: Learn to understand my boot up your pussy, Paul.
How can you put a boot up my pussy? I do not have a cat.
All right, please stop with these messages that take things so literally. I swear to fuck you're draining the goddamn energy out of this place. And by "this place" I mean the entire fucking Earth.

OK? OK? OK?? You have been posting whatever goddamn thoughts enter your head for two years now. I am asking you to CULL it down to only your best material.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:Oh please, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining*.
This thread will be used for instances where we see people post that phrase.