Don Rogers in the Afternoon

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote: Also I think the slight delay leads to a lot of interrupting.
No, I just don't like the callers to get any momentum going. I learned my lesson.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:Also, I think 6:20 is too early in a show to go with a incest/pedophile joke.
I can do 1/2 of one. Guy and girl are in bed having really vigorous sex, then the guy finishes and rolls off her. He says, "You know, you're really great in bed."
She says, "You were too, that was the most fun I've had with you."
"I'll tell you this much, Sis, you're even better in bed than Mom!"
"Yeah, I know, Brother, Daddy says I'm much more fun in bed than Mom is."

Then there's the joke, told by a minister, that says, "A child molester, a rapist and a priest go into a bar, and he says..." (that's the entire joke.)
Last edited by Tdarcos on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:No, I just don't like the callers to get any momentum going. I learned my lesson.
Referring to the opening on the above recording, you were noticing it was taking a while and I wasn't answering. One thing you need to realize is that if I'm in bed - which I was when you called - I have to get out of bed, put myself in my wheelchair, then roll over to my computer and respond. You've seen the video of me getting into my chair, I'm sure, so you need to realize it takes time for me to get to the computer.

"I want it harder, stiffer, and not as wet." Jesus, I didn't even realize how sexual that comment sounded.

You should try listening to / watching Cramer on CNBC to see his crazy TV show and how he puts in sound effects, he has a huge board of them like your program (which you told me but I forgot).

And you kept running sound effects over me, it was ridiculous. I guess you weren't really interested in someone hearing me.

Also, I found out later about the type-in area on Skype.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:And you kept running sound effects over me, it was ridiculous. I guess you weren't really interested in someone hearing me.
We're just havin' fun there, my man. You did great.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote:And you kept running sound effects over me, it was ridiculous. I guess you weren't really interested in someone hearing me.
Whoa, whoa! Whoa. He did the same thing to me. I don't want you to feel like you were personally disrespected, because Ben did it to all of us. He just got his board working to where the sound effects were transmitted via Skype after your test.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ben doesn't mention that this http://thedonrogersshow.com/tdr.mp3 was the show he did with me. I gotta wonder what he's using for samples per second, 340K recording? I mean, it's like 60 meg for a 17 minute show.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That thing is like 50 minutes long, dude. There was at least 16 minutes of just me before you finally got on, and then of course I let Spirit of Radio finish at the end.

I save them at 96... 96 whatever it is.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

My apologies, you're correct, it's 43 minutes and 32 megabytes. If you did 96 then that's 96K samples/second which is about twice CD quality.

By the way, the registration for TheDonRogersShow.com says that you're on some Horse Creek street in Parker, Colorado. Since when were you in Colorado? Or is it a fake address? Someone you know that is not a participant of this <s>wretched hive of scum and villainy oh wait a minute that's Caltrops</s> fine establishment? Or is that the address of someone here?

(Domain name reference has been edited for correction.)
Last edited by Tdarcos on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote:My apologies, you're correct, it's 43 minutes and 32 megabytes. If you did 96 then that's 96K samples/second which is about twice CD quality.

By the way, the registration for TheBenRogersShow.com says that you're on some Horse Creek street in Parker, Colorado. Since when were you in Colorado? Or is it a fake address? Someone you know that is not a participant of this <s>wretched hive of scum and villainy oh wait a minute that's Caltrops</s> fine establishment? Or is that the address of someone here?
Maybe it's a fake address to keep creepy Internet stalkers from getting his home address by looking up everyone's domain registrations and posting them on public forums.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:By the way, the registration for TheBenRogersShow.com
DON.
says that you're on some Horse Creek street in Parker, Colorado. Since when were you in Colorado?
I was in Colorado from December of 2008 to January of 2011. I just haven't updated my address with "go" "daddy".

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

My error. Don Rogers. I have corrected the original message.

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

You know, I do this stuff for a living now. Sort of. I'm sure I can be helpful on the technical side, if there's problems. I even have a board...
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Oh, we've got problems. I'm sure Ben would like to have you on as a guest as well.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Off the Wall on WBAI

Post by Tdarcos »

This is a clarification of my statement on Ben's "secret test" MP3 where he mentions he wants to use the name Don Rogers.

The editor of 2600 Magazine runs a call-in program on New York radio station <s>WBAI</s>. (It used to be on WBAI, it's now on WUSB. But it doesn't matter, I just listen to the podcast.) He edits the magazine and hosts the radio program, which is called "Off The Wall," and for both he uses the nom-de-plume of Emmanuel Goldstein, who was the ruler of the state in George Orwell's 1984. (And "George Orwell" was the pen name of Eric Blair.)

Goldstein's real name is Eric Corley.

So there's nothing wrong with using a nom-de-plume for a radio show.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The show is called "Off the Hook." It's a phone reference.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

bruce

Re: Off the Wall on WBAI

Post by bruce »

Tdarcos wrote:both he uses the nom-de-plume of Emmanuel Goldstein, who was the ruler of the state in George Orwell's 1984.
JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Emmanuel Goldstein is the Number One Enemy of the State in 1984, and may not actually exist, which is the whole fucking point of Corley's pseudonym.

Bruce

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

bruce wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:both he uses the nom-de-plume of Emmanuel Goldstein, who was the ruler of the state in George Orwell's 1984.
JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Emmanuel Goldstein is the Number One Enemy of the State in 1984, and may not actually exist, which is the whole fucking point of Corley's pseudonym.

Bruce
Well who the hell is the maximum leader in 1984? Yeah, I'm trying to remember. Okay, I had to go look; Wikipedia says the maximum leader is O'Brien.

----
"Winston smoked a cigarette." - 1984

bruce

Post by bruce »

Tdarcos wrote:Wikipedia says the maximum leader is O'Brien.
I like to make believe it's Richard O'Brien, in his role as Riff Raff.

Bruce