RealNC's 100 songs

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

Re: RealNC's 100 songs

Post by RealNC »

#11: Dave Brubeck - Take Five

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RealNC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:27 amuntil I realized there's never a "best" of anything.
Using that logic it would be impossible to determine better or worse since best is just a definable relationship on that scale. If your statement was true than this would be a list of 100 random songs in which the likelihood of you even enjoying any of them, let alone being a favorite song, would be next to nothing.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Billy Mays wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 pm
RealNC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:27 amuntil I realized there's never a "best" of anything.
Using that logic it would be impossible to determine better or worse since best is just a definable relationship on that scale. If your statement was true than this would be a list of 100 random songs in which the likelihood of you even enjoying any of them, let alone being a favorite song, would be next to nothing.
Then I guess my logic is flawed, since I only put music here that I enjoy and/or have listened to the most. It's just that I don't know how to put them in order from good to best.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RealNC wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:25 am
Billy Mays wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 pm
Then I guess my logic is flawed, since I only put music here that I enjoy and/or have listened to the most. It's just that I don't know how to put them in order from good to best.
I got out of line there, my bad.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Some people can't order this stuff! I think it's more normal not to. Rather than fight, why don't we all plug our headphones in and listen to the relaxing tunes RealNC is providing for us.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I stepped out of line and then walked it back after seeing what I had done. There's no fighting going on here.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

#12: Grave Digger - Rebellion

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

#13: Pantera - Domination

Flack

Post by Flack »

Pantera was originally from Arlington, Texas, and played Oklahoma all the time. I saw them live three or four times my senior year. This is a VHS recording from one of those shows that I uploaded to YouTube. The first song of the set it... DOMINATION. I was on the front row of this show and got kicked in the head more than once.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

It's not been long since I discovered their glam days. I didn't know that Cowboys was not their first album and that they had a different vocalist in the past:

That is so ridiculous and amazing at the same time.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ha! I totally didn't forget this thread! Really!

#14: Judas Priest - Leather Rebel

Flack

Post by Flack »

I think Painkiller was the first Priest album I ever bought. I knew the radio/MTV hits before that, but didn't own any of the albums. I was more into hair metal and heavy metal at the time but I had a friend who was into the NWOBHM movement who probably introduced me to them. Coincidentally it was the same friend who was always signing up for those Columbia House deals (16 tapes for 1 cent!) and he and I were constantly signing up, cancelling, and signing up again to get dozens of cassette tapes. I'm sure my copy of Painkiller came from a record club. I didn't get any other Priest stuff until Fight was released (Into the Pit!) and then I went back and started picking up the old JP catalog. Great stuff.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah I like both of those Judas Priest songs.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

#15: Exodus - War Is My Shepherd