I was the Executive Director of a video game preservation non-profit until I went batshit - AMA!

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

I was the Executive Director of a video game preservation non-profit until I went batshit - AMA!

Post by RetroRomper »

Seriously, ask me anything.

If this gains traction, I'll start posting shit I think people will find neat.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Re: I was the Executive Director of a video game preservation non-profit until I went batshit - AMA!

Post by RetroRomper »

If it doesn't gain traction, I'll threaten to kill myself again, but instead eat a couple McGangBangs and wonder where it all went wrong.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Re: I was the Executive Director of a video game preservation non-profit until I went batshit - AMA!

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:25 pm Seriously, ask me anything.

If this gains traction, I'll start posting shit I think people will find neat.
(Cut to picture of a neatly organized pile of shit, then say, "Oh, you mean like this?")
RetroRomper wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 pm If it doesn't gain traction, I'll threaten to kill myself again, but instead eat a couple McGangBangs and wonder where it all went wrong.
Well, let us try again, shall we? On the other hand, you'll probably duck this one too. But in that one you did restrict it to the past, you have not currently imposed such a restriction, so I think I can ask them again.

In a message ttled "I used to be Draalranger - Ask Me Anything!" you wrote:
RetroRomper wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 am In the spirit of alienating, ostracizing, and reinforcing how I continually screw up a good thing, I will answer EVERY question posed to me about that time in my life.

I'm ready!
You refused to respond in that thread since (probably rightfully so) you said to ask about what you were like back then, not now. Since you have opened up to asking you about now, I repeat my questions:

Okay, you asked for it! Now, you can tell me to fuck off, which will, of course, answer question #1, or you can answer them, if you dare. I just decided to take your offer for inquiry to the (worst) logical conclusion.
  1. Are you gay, straight, or bi? (Or just skip this and answer #2&#3)
  2. Do you have/did you have a boyfriend / girlfriend / husband / wife?
  3. What was/is their name?
  4. Are you still with them?
  5. Were/Are they just someone to have fun with, or did you care about/love them?
  6. How old were/are they?
  7. How old are you?
  8. What did/do you do for a living, and if retired, when?
  9. What hobbies do you have?
  10. Have you ever made a video that you put on YouTube?
  11. If so, and you don't mind telling us, where can we find it?
  12. What famous or notable person that was/is alive during your lifetime did you wish you had met or wish you could meet?
  13. What famous person, real (but no longer alive) or fictional, would you have liked to meet if not in the previous answer?
  14. What's your favorite color?
  15. What's your favorite food?
  16. Do you have a favorite smell, and if so, of what?
  17. What's your favorite movie?
  18. Who's your favorite actor, actress, or both?
  19. What's your favorite book?
  20. Who's your favorite author?
  21. What's your favorite song?
  22. Who's/What's your favorite musical performer or group?
  23. What's a question you wish you had been asked, and if you choose, what is the answer?
  24. What one question would you ask me/someone else here?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Dude, that isn't funny at all.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You didn't accomplish anything though did you? Do you feel this pollutes the "director" title?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

The entire point of an AMA is you have to answer ALL the questions, otherwise it is just a vague conversation with unclear parameters.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:33 am Dude, that isn't funny at all.
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT WAS FUNNY? I was dead serious in the questions I was asking. I even asked them of myself in another thread.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:29 am You didn't accomplish anything though did you?
I do feel that I accomplished plenty during my time with Hit Save!

1. Launched a museum / academic grade video game database at the MVP level.
2. Received funding for a universal, Raspberry Pi based, modular video game cartridge ripper.
3. "Hired" through a generous monthly donation, six people.
4. The hires created over 30 vectorized logos of video game companies, Czech Republic video game magazines, and various other properties including the logo from the King Koopa's Kool Kartoons.
5. Managed to pull together over 8 video game preservation groups the world over.
6. Performed the first identification of video game preservation groups the world over.
7. Created templates for preserving local video game culture, including launching efforts in Argentina, Brazil, and Venezuela.
8. Increased the quality of video game research and other articles at a history website.
9. Put together a viable business in selling video game preservation hardware.
10. Gave multiple people something to at least be tangentially excited over and interested in besides jacking off, watching YouTube videos, and staring at their ceiling.
11. Um.. I can't think of anything more right now.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:29 am Do you feel this pollutes the "director" title?
No.

I feel that polluted the Director Title was when I vehemently cussed all of my former co-workers out, mocked their efforts at continuing what I had created with Hit Save!, managed to get myself thrown out of literally every video game group that I was active with or aware of, and used my incredible powers of creative writing to say some of the most vile things to people I trusted, respected, and honored that I've ever uttered to another human being.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:40 pmI was dead serious in the questions I was asking. I even asked them of myself in another thread.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 pm I vehemently cussed all of my former co-workers out, mocked their efforts at continuing what I had created with Hit Save!, managed to get myself thrown out of literally every video game group that I was active with or aware of, and used my incredible powers of creative writing to say some of the most vile things to people I trusted, respected, and honored that I've ever uttered to another human being.
In all seriousness, anyone who has even known you for more than a month already knows you're a crazy fuck and has already accepted it. You can probably just go back to whatever it was you were doing with these people and they won't even have noticed.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Boop

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:19 amBoop
You should give it a try, unless you like just beating yourself up for no reason, just go back to whatever it was your were doing within these groups and the nonprofit and don't make it a big thing. Just do whatever it was you were doing before you "ruined everything" or whatever it was you believe you did. Nobody is going to notice. You're the "crazy guy", everyone already knows and has accepted that, and they'll think it rude or not pc to point it out so they will just go back to whatever they were also doing within these groups or nonprofits as well. Just back to normal, gotta get things done.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm already working with other groups and have ongoing projects, but I believe I understated the fact that my name has been dragged through the mud to the point where I'm an Adobe building from Central America. I've been banned from five out of the eight servers I frequented, no one will respond to my messages, and people within the groups whom I was physically speaking with, won't answer my texts nor calls.

There is no sliding back into it with those groups, but I'm trying to move on.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

Maybe just calm down with all this horseshit, get yourself right, then come back and revisit.

Maybe go down for retooling for a spell.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:45 pmThere is no sliding back into it with those groups, but I'm trying to move on.
Well, maybe those people were judgmental assholes and now you'll do better without them.