Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Casual Observer »

Billy Mays wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:09 pmI can't even count the number of times in my life I've been washing my hands in a restroom and I see someone just walk straight past the sinks. The soap is right there and it's free, why wouldn't you do the decent thing and just wash your hands? And the worst thing about it is that these people have no shame in what they do. They know they're doing the wrong thing and they just don't care.

I also don't wear a mask, I'm never going to get sick so I don't have to worry about getting other people sick. That's because, similar to pinback, I'm a stud and studs don't get sick. And because I wash my hands after using the restroom.
Like the sailor in the old joke, I was taught not to piss or dribble on my hands so I'm the cleanest thing in that room. The less I have to touch anything you might have touched ever the better off 'll be.

The thing about the mask thing is that it's another example of "the illusion of safety". Like a TSA that often misses up to almost 100% of test weapons, half hearted bag checking at events, they're requiring masks of dubious value almost certainly as just something to do that looks like safety. Weeks ago we were told that regular cloth or paper masks do not prevent spread of the virus but now people are ok going around in stores and restaurants as long as they're wearing at least gang bandannas.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Bandannas worked out well for those Cowboys in the late 1800s. Only the bandits wearing them didn't get tuberculosis. (haha)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:57 pm What's your take on the DENTAL DAM?
Never used one, I don't think they were well known back then. Yes, I probably did take a risk, but, when I performed oral sex - and Jonsey raised the issue - I stuck to moving my tongue only on the clitoris. Only my finger went to the vagina in order to stimulate the G-spot. I figure this is a reasonable risk, as the rate of sexually-transmitted disease among lesbians is actually lower than that of heterosexual couples. Their practices are probably less risky.
AArdvark wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 pm Texas dentistry
One of the members of the Texas State School board was a dentist who agreed with the abstinence only sex education policy, and knew that a particular fact had been proven, but taught in classes in which he was a teacher, the exact opposite, because he wanted them to believe the lie. The truth on that subject disagreed with his interpretation of the Bible.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Another unforgettable mental image brought to you by Commander Tdarcos!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:09 pm I have to take pinback's side on this.

I can't even count the number of times in my life I've been washing my hands in a restroom and I see someone just walk straight past the sinks. The soap is right there and it's free, why wouldn't you do the decent thing and just wash your hands? And the worst thing about it is that these people have no shame in what they do. They know they're doing the wrong thing and they just don't care.
There is a scene in my book "The Gatekeeper: The Gate Contracts," where George tells how he and Dr. Quarles both used the restroom, and what happened after:
 “We’ve been here four hours, sir.”
 “Oh hell, take one hour for lunch if you have to then.”
 We got out. I told Lynn to excuse me, and I went to use the restroom. Dr. Quarles followed me in. For a moment I had this thought he might try something, but he didn’t even look at me as he went over to one of the stalls, opened it, went in, and closed the door. I could hear the thump as he sat, and I saw under the door that his pants were down. I went over to use one of the urinals. When I was finished, I flushed it and washed my hands. As I was drying them, I heard Dr. Quarles get up, pull up his pants, open the door and walk out. I could smell the stench where he had left both kinds of material, plus toilet paper, and hadn’t flushed the toilet, so I used my foot to step on the handle, flushing it. Then I walked out, maybe four or five seconds behind him.
 He continued to room 305 to get his briefcase, then he went back to the break room, where he opened the case, removed a bag, and dumped out five or six sandwiches. From the aroma, it smelled like tuna fish. From the aroma, he smelled like he had used the bathroom. I noticed as he reached on the table to dump the ash tray into the potted plant, spilling half of the ashes on the rug, that the smell was coming from the hand he writes with. He got up, stepped on and ground the ashes he had spilled into the otherwise spotless white carpet, walked past the sink with a soap dispenser on the wall, to get to the coffee pots, poured himself a cup, added cream and sugar, stirred it with a finger on his right hand, sucked on his finger because the coffee was hot, then sat back down, drank some more of the coffee, unwrapped the sandwich and began eating.

I mean, just to pound it in, twice the guy passes soap dispensers and - I have to laugh at it - he stirs his coffee with a finger that has shit stains on it!

As for me, I always washed my hands after doing any business even when in a wheelchair, with one exception. When I was peeing in a cup because I'd wake up at 3 am, I would make sure I never touched any part of my genitals, used the cup, then emptied it into the bucket, then went back to sleep. The next morning, I'd empty the bucket in the toilet, then wash my hands before eating anything. And yes, the bucket had a handle.

I worked one place and the guy working next to me, Ernie, told me how he paid attention to see who washed their hands when they went to the bathroom, and he noticed I was one of the few who always did. I asked how he knew, and he said that he listened when there was a flush, he'd see how long before they came out. Soon thereafter meant no wash. Only those who took longer had stopped to wash their hands.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:09 pmI also don't wear a mask, I'm never going to get sick so I don't have to worry about getting other people sick. That's because, similar to pinback, I'm a stud and studs don't get sick. And because I wash my hands after using the restroom.
I'm sure since you're a stud and studs don't get sick, you can get away with promiscuous sex without using a condom because you can't catch anything, and if you did, who cares if you give it to someone.

That attitude, sir, with respect to any disease, is the hallmark of a sociopath.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:07 amI'm sure since you're a stud and studs don't get sick, you can get away with promiscuous sex without using a condom
Bingo!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Old friend called me. He’s actually the cousin of one of my old band members. This guy calls me last week taking about how horrible things are in Worst Carolina. Lost his job, etc due to Corona mania. Asked him if his landlord was working with and she is.. says he’s got plenty of food.

Fast forward to the next week. Saturday. He texts me and tries to call (I was asleep) saying he hates to ask but is taking me up on the offer. His moped just broke down. Never asks for an number for what he needs.. just that he needs help. I said ok man give me your PayPal. This doesn’t work out for non-computer people.

So he tells me about this send money to Walmart thing you can do from a store and online. I choose the latter.. he has to walk to his local Walmart to show a code and ID then they give him cash.

I go to send the money and ask myself what should I give? 100$ I decide. That should at least get him a moped part and shit.

Sent him the code. He calls me up with free minutes through some janky free phone service he has where he has to watch video ads to get minutes lol. Crying. He couldn’t believe anyone would help pull him out of the hole.. let alone a distant friend rather than family. Thanked me about 20 times and mentioned “now I can get my bike fixed so I can get back to fucking working somewhere.. anywhere!”.

It isn’t Christmas time but if you know people like this in your life they do need help.. despite being too prideful to ask for it. 100$ to me is far from chicken scratch but to have someone tell you that you saved their life with just that is quite fulfilling.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Drove to my trailer now that road blocks are gone Saturday. Every interstate sign told me to go home instead. Checked for leaks, patched the sewage pipe, and basically only went and did the same things I do here at home: Dollar General, IGA (local small chain grocery store), and Lowe’s Hardware for one of Billy Mays favorites: Flex Tape(tm)! Avoided Walmart by all means. Got takeout from the local pizza joint.

It was nice to get out while also not going anywhere crowded. Didn’t bother driving to the pier to walk around.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Jizaboz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 pmBilly Mays favorites: Flex Tape(tm)!
Flex Tape is Phil Swift's product, Mays did Mighty Tape.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Billy Mays wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 pm
While I knew Swift markets Flex Tape, I completely forgot about Mighty Tape!! I’ve used Flex Seal before for gutter stuff out at the trailer with good results. First time trying the tape. It is expensive, but good. It will stick even if there is water present.

Unfortunately it stuck so well that it pointed out I should probably replace the connector from the trailer to the shit pipe as it definitely will fail soon. Probably gonna replace the PVC next to it as well. But the Flex Tape will put that job off til next year!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I love camping out of a trailer.

I used to do a lot of camping out of a tent until I came to the conclusion one night that tents are over the top gay. The absolute best night you can possibly have in a tent is still going to be a really shitty night.

A trailer allows for the maximum amount of exposure to nature you can have while still providing enough of the basic amenities to make the situation tolerable. When you're out in the woods it gets dark hours before it would in the city, and when it gets dark you can't even see your outstretched hand in front of you. I like waiting till about midnight and then wading out deep into the river to do some night fishing. The feeling is hard to explain to anyone who has never done that, but it is like stepping into a dream world. Like something out of Lovecraft. It's unnerving.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The Commander accidentally posted this in the wrong thread

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Excuse me, it was in the right thread, "Crazy Doodles," not "Crazy Doodles by Aardvark."

Besides that, you never read the cartoon. It's not about the disease, it's about the pun at the end.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Billy Mays wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 pm
Yeah! Ni-nice try, Don.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:31 am Yes, I probably did take a risk, but, when I performed oral sex - and Jonsey raised the issue - I [REDACTED FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND]
I'm getting more of that warm fuzzy feeling the longer I spend working on these T-Shirts because of posts like this Paul! Warm fuzzies... Ya.. That isn't vomit and a sense of self loathing because I'm hand offhandedly encouraging this sort of behavior from you.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I did read the cartoon, I read it several times as I moved it here, the base where we discuss the Covid virus.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:36 am
Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:31 am Yes, I probably did take a risk, but, when I performed oral sex - and Jonsey raised the issue - I [REDACTED FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND]
I'm getting more of that warm fuzzy feeling the longer I spend working on these T-Shirts because of posts like this Paul! Warm fuzzies... Ya.. That isn't vomit and a sense of self loathing because I'm hand offhandedly encouraging this sort of behavior from you.
Are things letting up at all in Oregon in terms of places being closed? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand but I thought I'd ask.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Thankfully everything non-essential (and that term isn't as loose as other states) is shut down excluding things such as curbside pickup and delivery, though those are sketchy as well because restaurant employees are still physically handing you the receipt to sign unless you request otherwise. The people though? We drove past a high school football field and it was obvious ten or so children were playing while supervised by a couple adults.

Went to the Pharmacy today as well which is part of a grocery store, and I was able to take in the pleasant sites of:

1. This is not a joke, but a man with a prosthetic leg, wearing shoes that were obviously made for diabetics, and with fat, bulging veins all over his body, was only not wearing a mask, but was talking cordially to employees who came right up to them as they normally would.

2. Everyone I watched approach the Pharmacy window (there is an outside overhang where you can walk up to obtain your medication,) leaned on the counter or came right up to the Pharmacy Tech: this was four or five people.

3. One guy was carrying nothing, but a case of Mountain Dew and obviously wasn't wearing a mask or staying away from people - you gotta "do the dew" regardless whether there is the looming threat of contracting and passing on a horrible disease.

4. Everyone was so casual about it: children, young adults, actual adults, older folks, etc, etc. Two of the people I saw walk in after browsing outside, had their masks around their necks.

Unless our Governor issues what would be considered radical lock down measures (nothing open except hospitals and grocery stores, but then only allowing curbside pickup,) even one of the supposedly most active in taking counter measures state, won't be able to stop a second wave.

We're hunkered down, but I'm getting major push back about the other house members for things such as "why can't I just run into Whole Foods? They're the only market that sells the granola I like" (no shit, that is a real example) and so on, and so forth. Right now I'm OKAY being the villain if it means there are that fewer instances of us being possibly exposed to the virus.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Have you considered that maybe tensions on the ole home front could be dissolved a little bit with the great taste of Mountain Dew?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

How about we try to figure out what this ad is implying?

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM