Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Flack »

I thought sure sure we were going to start with the line where he wanted to punch your elderly father in the face.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:27 am Do you perceive how that might come off to this woman? Seems like one thing she has going for her is that she doesn't also have to personally clean the house up after all of you. Do you see how bringing up the subject without suggesting alternatives might be received?
I should seriously keep my mouth shut, but I don't because I keep forgetting that I'm making as many assumptions as you're in regards to having context to my diatribe. So yes, the house is actually kept ordered and cleaned on my end, with the crux being that it never meets the standards of Haptic's mother:

- We sweep twice a week as agreed, but then it comes out that she is holding it against us that we don't sweep every night.
- I spend a few minutes when I'm finished in the kitchen for the night wiping down the counters. However, she notices I didn't wipe under the counters and without communicating this to me, she is passive aggressive for the next week until one of us overhears her tell her sisters about it over the phone.
- I'm working on a multi-day soldering project in the loft and I even tell her so: I've cleaned up in the past with no issue. But then first thing the next day, she asks me when I'll be done, then asks me again as I'm cleaning up.
- I've been verbally berated for getting pasta sauce on a cloth wipe because it was supposed to only be for water.

Teri cleans the house continuously for five, six hours every week, to a degree that I've never heard described outside of Spring cleaning. Haptic's mother has allowed us to live here which is helpful for various reasons, but I've paid my share of rent, utilities, food, goods here and there, etc. for quite a while. I make it a point to be indebted to her as little as possible.
Flack wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 am I thought sure sure we were going to start with the line where he wanted to punch your elderly father in the face.
Recently a friend asked an old man to stop touching every egg in multiple containers when he went grocery shopping a few weeks ago. The old man countered that he needed to get his money's worth and then broke space and started yelling right in my friend's face, spewing saliva all over him and right into his mask. He even tried to back up, but the old man kept progressing toward him until another shopper physically shoved a cart between them and told the guy to back down.

We also carry extra surgical masks (given to us by a medical office) if we ever have to go shopping and when I offered one to an Older Gentleman while we were standing in line waiting to get into Costco, he cussed me out for reasons I'm still none too sure about. If ICJ's Father came right up to me and started belittling, arguing, and yelling at me in a similar context, I'd likely punch him hard enough to incapacitate his WASPy ass, then shove him as far back as I could, making sure he hits the ground.

I have zero qualms with communicating that and depending on other factors, that his Father may have deserved the same for being an uptight AHOLE while endangering himself, his family, and everyone else for a bunch of shitty coffee pods he could have waited a few more hours for.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Do you feel that - rather than having someone externally come to clean the house - that it's time to hire a butler?

Do you have 5-50 minutes for us to hop on a call and discuss the pros and cons of hiring a person to full-time butle?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:50 amIf ICJ's Father came right up to me and started belittling, arguing, and yelling at me in a similar context, I'd likely punch him hard enough to incapacitate his WASPy ass, then shove him as far back as I could, making sure he hits the ground.
ICJ's dad would have twisted you up like a pretzel if you tried something like that. If some faggy little virus ain't gonna stop him from getting his mornin' joe, then some weird guy with soldering projects ain't gonna do it either.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I go to the Kroger every single day and don't wear a mask.

Come at me bro
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

This thread has everything and may be the greatest thread in BBS history. You have done far worse than kill me. You've hurt me. And I know you all wish to go on hurting me.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I mean, I'm going to go the other way here and say that maybe Retro should just... LET the bitch die? Might get a free house, and depending on health concerns it could be good odds! Just isolate in the far corner of the house and see what September looks like.

ICJ: I have had a MUCH smaller version of your troubles with my parents. The problem being my mother already has some really bad risk factors so it was rather easy to frame the discussion as "this is a SUPER contagious flu, and if you get it you WILL die, alone and agony. There will be no funeral, we might pull some strings to keep your body on ice but your body will probably be cremated and we'll have some cake and beer next year."

Mom: Oh I make your (6yr old) niece wash her hands when I babysit her!
Me: So, what happens if my sister or her husband pick it up from work, don't show symptoms yet, and then after climbing all over them as children are wont to do, she starts snotting all over your house, chewing on her hands and then touching literally everything?
Mom: ...
Me: roll a 1 in 3 chance of painful sustained drowning. Maybe lower.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ever get the feeling that the parents understand but just don't want to change their habits. They would rather play dice with death than modify a lifelong pattern of behavior. I feel lucky because my mom is already 1/4 hermit. She only goes out on Tuesdays for her mail and the library and Saturdays for light shopping. Before the pandemic she wouldn't go out socially with us more than once a month as her 'dance card was full'.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Maybe they've learned it's unwise to hold on so tightly.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:32 pm I go to the Kroger every single day and don't wear a mask.

Come at me bro
I'm not wearing a mask until I'm required to starting on this Wed. night. I figure, if everyone else is wearing a mask then their mask will catch their disease phlegm and I'll be fine. In the last month I can count on less than on finger the number of times I heard someone cough or sneeze in a store. Either people aren't actually sick in the stores or they are self consciously holding back so they don't get any evil stares from other customers.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Wow, just got off the phone with some doctors in Panama. Apparently, Panama's idea of social distancing includes certain days that you're allowed to leave the house. Depending on your last name and also gender, you can either leave the house M-W-F or T-Tr-Sat, don't know about Sunday. We have hillbillies touting AR-15's and confederate flags to protest some of their chosen stores being closed while people in other countries are in actual lockdown. Americans are such entitled pieces of shit.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Mayors here politely asked people with even number addresses only shop on even number days and those with odd numbered addresses shop on odd days. It was never enforced, merely suggested, and only lasted until the first time someone ran low on toilet paper. And on low I mean "less than six month's worth."
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Coordinating all the different genders must have been difficult for the Panamanians.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm Mayors here politely asked people with even number addresses only shop on even number days and those with odd numbered addresses shop on odd days. It was never enforced, merely suggested, and only lasted until the first time someone ran low on toilet paper. And on low I mean "less than six month's worth."
Reports indicate that these changes have split the country in two.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This sends me back to the oil embargo of the early seventies when you could only buy gas according to your license plate numbers. I remember my mom buying a used car with almost no gas in it and trying to get some at a filling station. No sale. We had to back to the dealership and beg them to put a few gallons in so we could get home.

I guess it's mandatory masks at work starting tomorrow. They finally found some to hand out to all the employees. Half of the guys already look like train bandits or really dirty hospital interns so it's not a big switch. The hard part is the amount of guys taking time off (self-quarantining) or worse, coming to work with a cold and getting ordered home. Great, now who gonna run the machines?

THE
ATLAS SHRUGGED
AARDVARK

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:57 pm Coordinating all the different genders must have been difficult for the Panamanians.
DUDE.
Every fucking expert in the world, you dumbass wrote: But Furuya says that this immune system response to this invader can also destroy lung tissue and cause inflammation. The end result can be pneumonia. That means the air sacs in the lungs become inflamed and filled with fluid, making it harder to breathe.

Del Rio says that these symptoms can also make it harder for the lungs to get oxygen to your blood, potentially triggering a cascade of problems. "The lack of oxygen leads to more inflammation, more problems in the body. Organs need oxygen to function, right? So when you don't have oxygen there, then your liver dies and your kidney dies," he says. Lack of oxygen can also lead to septic shock.

The most severe cases — about 6% of patients — end up in intensive care with multi-organ failure, respiratory failure and septic shock, according to a February report from the WHO.
Do you how know end stage COVID-19 is expressed in those 6% of people and likely the larger number of individuals that just end up on the cusp of that point? Their immune system attacks the cells of the esophagus, breaking them down until the lining breaks and blood seeps into the air ways. From there, it mixes with the fluid already in the lungs and the oxygen people are breathing in and out to result in a pink foam that is the combination of those three: on every breath, these people are quite literally breathing up this pinkish foam that is their own blood, pus and random fluid drainage in their lungs, and the air they need to survive.

And you, you sad shit stain of a human being that uses ratemypoo.com as a matchmaking service since all you could ever relate to is literal human feces, decide to make a bland, terrible, stupid comment akin to "I IDENTIFY AS AN APACHE ATTACK HELICOPTER" that no one on this Earth would mistake as an actual joke. This is after you gave me a hard time for treating Paul like an ol' buddy, in a thread that he himself noted made his day better than it would have been without it, but you have the audacity to utter that comment you FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT HUMAN BEING.

Crawl back up that nuclear waste, pus filled, boiled covered cunt of your mother that you came from you stupid, inarguably asinine, twat of a human being. I hope you FUCKING DIE by having your lower body pinned to a tree by a car, so you can remain alive long enough with the concrete notion that you are going to die, that every action you've taken, every moment of your existence, much less every resource you used in any form from food to water to FUCKING AIR, could have better been used by ANYONE ELSE. Timothy Mcveigh, Charles Manson, and Pinochet could more constructively used everything the world has wasted on your pathetic, slimy, and always sad existence.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:57 pm Coordinating all the different genders must have been difficult for the Panamanians.
DUDE.
Every fucking expert in the world, you dumbass wrote: But Furuya says that this immune system response to this invader can also destroy lung tissue and cause inflammation. The end result can be pneumonia. That means the air sacs in the lungs become inflamed and filled with fluid, making it harder to breathe.

Del Rio says that these symptoms can also make it harder for the lungs to get oxygen to your blood, potentially triggering a cascade of problems. "The lack of oxygen leads to more inflammation, more problems in the body. Organs need oxygen to function, right? So when you don't have oxygen there, then your liver dies and your kidney dies," he says. Lack of oxygen can also lead to septic shock.

The most severe cases — about 6% of patients — end up in intensive care with multi-organ failure, respiratory failure and septic shock, according to a February report from the WHO.
Do you how know end stage COVID-19 is expressed in those 6% of people and likely the larger number of individuals that just end up on the cusp of that point? Their immune system attacks the cells of the esophagus, breaking them down until the lining breaks and blood seeps into the air ways. From there, it mixes with the fluid already in the lungs and the oxygen people are breathing in and out to result in a pink foam that is the combination of those three: on every breath, these people are quite literally breathing up this pinkish foam that is their own blood, pus and random fluid drainage in their lungs, and the air they need to survive.

And you, you sad shit stain of a human being that uses ratemypoo.com as a matchmaking service since all you could ever relate to is literal human feces, decide to make a bland, terrible, stupid comment akin to "I IDENTIFY AS AN APACHE ATTACK HELICOPTER" that no one on this Earth would mistake as an actual joke. This is after you gave me a hard time for treating Paul like an ol' buddy, in a thread that he himself noted made his day better than it would have been without it, but you have the audacity to utter that comment you FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT HUMAN BEING.

Crawl back up that nuclear waste, pus filled, boiled covered cunt of your mother that you came from you stupid, inarguably asinine, twat of a human being. I hope you FUCKING DIE by having your lower body pinned to a tree by a car, so you can remain alive long enough with the concrete notion that you are going to die, that every action you've taken, every moment of your existence, much less every resource you used in any form from food to water to FUCKING AIR, could have better been used by ANYONE ELSE. Timothy Mcveigh, Charles Manson, and Pinochet could more constructively used everything the world has wasted on your pathetic, slimy, and always sad existence.
I feel like you completely misinterpreted my post here.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah. Noone is giving you a hard time here RR. But if you ask for it I shall deliver it like Bubba from In the Heat of the Night.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

He's all whipped up!