I'm out

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

I'm out

Post by Tdarcos »

They lied and apparently I won't be getting my computer. My cell phone is our of power and I don't have a charge cable. This will probably be my last message until quarantine is over.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Billy Mays

Re: I'm out

Post by Billy Mays »

You should probably start looking for a new place to stay, those guys sound like a bunch of real jerks.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

He's going to die in there unless we do something.

Let me see if he posted his address. Search on this BBS is terrible since the upgrade.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:34 pmLet me see if he posted his address.
Paul is staying at ManorCare Health Services.

You could originally contact him at:

Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Rd. Rm. 240
Arlington VA 22204-1022

Though his room number has changed multiple times so that part is likely not current.

Ice Cream Jonsey

You da man - thanks, I'll get a cable and some supplies sent to him and call tomorrow to see if they will tell me his room number.

I may have to pretend to be family in order to pull this off. If any of you get asked, I'm Paul's son "Will" and yes it has been a difficult life.

Flack

Post by Flack »

He posted his new room number somewhere on the forum. It was in that one thread where he went off on a tangent and included unrelated movie or song quotes. You know the one.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:22 pmI am told this quarantine is temporary, and will be effective for two weeks. I've been moved to room 210. This is a single room, of course.
He started off in 123A on arrival, got transferred to 240A a single room after the amputation due to swearing, somehow ended up in 330B next to a guy running a high fever, and then got sent to a single room 210 for the quarantine.

Also, he has to order his crackers online from Amazon because the staff are not providing him with any.

Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Rd. Rm. 210
Arlington VA 22204-1022

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Billy, are you the Commander's alter ego?

I have an old Nook tablet he can have if he wants it. Not terribly big but it'll surf the internet and stuff

THE
CAST OFF
AARDVARK

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

AArdvark wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:49 pm I have an old Nook tablet he can have if he wants it. Not terribly big but it'll surf the internet and stuff

THE
CAST OFF
AARDVARK
I think it's been well-established that Paul needs as many tablets as the market can possibly supply so you should definitely send it. For your tablet, the good news is that it is finally going to find its forever home. The bad news is that forever is now only going to last a few hours after arrival.

Paul's experiences definitely don't paint the nursing home in a very good light. These people lie to him, move him around constantly, tyrannize him for using colorful language, and separate him from his most precious possessions. Pretty much the only thing they seem to do right is hold and transfer delivery packages. When you think about it, the same general level of service could be provided more efficiently via an Amazon locker, a vending machine, and a diaper changing machine with a butt wiper attachment. Medicaid is paying billions of dollars to fund the institutionalized mistreatment of the old and infirm.

The coronavirus has reminded us of how dangerous nursing homes can be as well. Nursing homes, cruises, leaving the house...is there anything this disease isn't going to ruin for us?

Ice Cream Jonsey

I won't have you bash my father like that!!!!!!!

- THE SON

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm gone for a few years and suddenly Mr. Darcos finds himself in a situation where it's highly probable he'll die alone? Nice that some things never change.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 pm I'm gone for a few years and suddenly Mr. Darcos finds himself in a situation where it's highly probable he'll die alone? Nice that some things never change.
It's now considered poor form to bash on Paul here, that is why this thread was set up to send him gifts.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:15 pmIt's now considered poor form to bash on Paul here, that is why this thread was set up to send him gifts.
Hello Mr. Billy "Twatwaffle" Mays - are you able to read? Thus were you able to read my signature? You should then know that you cannot badmouth nor argue with a...

RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

In a related note, what else does Paul need or want? I'd be happy to toss something his way.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

You could start with a kind word.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:22 pm You could start with a kind word.
We all love Paul - that is never in question.

But if I have to somehow pull the receipts for the pizzas, random foodstuffs, and little things here and there I've sent to him over the years, all so that I can prove my respect for him to YOU, you half assed, failed internet troll, I'll mail myself to your house in a box so that I can beat you with Paul's amputated leg Jay and Silent Bob style.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Is this the sort of thing we have to look forward to from your weekly philosophize?

Flack

Post by Flack »

bryanb wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:22 pm These people lie to him, move him around constantly, tyrannize him for using colorful language, and separate him from his most precious possessions.
In all fairness, it was infected.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

This has cheered me up from the bad news. More later in a separate msg.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 pm Is this the sort of thing we have to look forward to from your weekly philosophize?
The only person I respect less than you, is myself. And on this forum as a whole, that means my respect for you is still higher than Flack's respect for me. Which only matters because the bar here is our respect for Paul aka Mr. T. Darcos, which as a collective whole outshines all of us.

That being said, here is your mission: go to the other thread and whine profusely so that everyone can remember that you "don't get it" even though it's been politely rammed down your throat more times than you've fantasized about The Rock ramming it up you from behind.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM