Where teh hell is the drunk base?

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

AArdvark

Re: Where teh hell is the drunk base?

Post by AArdvark » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:19 pm

Tonight!

It's Christmas Theo, it's the time for miracles.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:25 am

Breakfast of Champions!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:18 am

That lightning whisky looks like straight up poison, man.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:58 am

No no no, it's steering fluid! My new favorite slang term.

It's halfway between whisky and moonshine, pretty good stuff.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 pm

New years Eve

All good things

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:22 am

Happy New Year's, fellas.

I just wanted to say that many of my favorite people are posting on this BBS lately. I don't take that for granted and I know it won't last forever. This is probably the greatest lineup of active posters we've ever had. Thank you all.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:52 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:22 am

I just wanted to say that many of my favorite people are posting on this BBS lately. I don't take that for granted and I know it won't last forever. This is probably the greatest lineup of active posters we've ever had. Thank you all.
Thank you as well sir and happy new year to you too brother

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:50 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:22 am

Oh, come on, you said that at the beginning of the decade too and we're all still alive and kicki-- hmm?

Ah.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:20 am

Happy new year to all!

I had too much steering fluid last night to post properly. Way, way too many keys on the standard 101 keyboard.

First time in a couple decades we didn't see the ball drop but we forged ahead and celebrated anyway. We dropped cable TV in the summer and our digital antenna wont pick up the ABC affiliate properly, so we watched a different party.

I don't miss Ryan Seacrust babbling like an idiot. Guy Lombardo, him I miss.

THE
ROCKIN'
NEW YEARS
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:52 am

The best part was when Anderson Coopers side kick on CNN addressed “50 Cent” as “Shak”

Over the course of about 6 hours I had about 10 beers and one and a half glasses of champagne. Slept late but otherwise fine. GF only had champagne and wine.. and she’s still puking off and on

bryanb

Post by bryanb » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Happy New Year everyone! I'm still feeling good vibes about 2020 aka the Year of Good Things. Hopefully it'll turn out to be an excellent year for us all. Let's stay or get in good health, get a lot of stuff done, learn and grow as people, not lose any more limbs, and experience absolutely no more floaters.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Tonight! Martinis! Black Button Citrus Forward and extra dry Martini and Rossi, shaken not stirred. Ben, they taste horrible, really really gross, not good at all, stay dry for 2020. I have confidence in you.

OK, due diligence done, going back for round three.

A rare do-nothing Saturday. X-mas lights all down, time to catch up on Crazy Doodles and read bad fiction.

THE
FREE TIME
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:01 pm

i went to a cmedy club tonight and they had a special on 32oz drinks and i had 3 and oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:03 am

Flack's had more than me on a Friday night!

ALL HAIL

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:45 am

Shameful.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:06 pm

My wife and I went to a comedy club with another couple last night. The first comic (who was also the MC) was pretty terrible. The middle guy and the headliner were both good. I mean, not great -- they're performing in a comedy club located in a strip mall in the middle of Oklahoma on a snowy weekend, but -- you know, good.

Tickets are cheap enough and so we're inside and the waitress comes around and we hear a lot of talk about a one drink minimum. As I scan through the menu I see beers are $3.50 and most mixed drinks are $6.95 or $7.95 and then they have two drinks off to the side that are $10.95 and each one is 32oz! So the girls got small drinks and my friend and I got the big drinks. Each one had like six shots of alcohol plus a bunch of fruit juices. With a hint of sunscreen it would have tasted like every drink I ever had on a cruise ship.

Halfway through the show, the waitress comes around and I can't hear anything because everybody's whispering and the comic is super loud, but there seems to be some confusion because now there's a two drink minimum, which is not really a deal because we're all drinkers but it's a deal because if I thought I was going to have to drink two, the first one would not have been 32 ounces. So then there's more confusion and I guess someone said just order us another round, so before I know it another 32 ounce drink arrives, which everyone thinks is hilarious and since I'm the big drunk Irishman I consider it my duty to drink that one too. And then before we leave it becomes obvious that my friend is not drinking his, so I guess I drank that one, too.

Good times. Better times was today, when the kid had a music band performance and we spent 4-5 hours driving around and sitting in an auditorium and listening to a ninth grade band. Love my kid, love the band, but I don't bounce back like I used to, it appears.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Sounds like a good time other than the next day.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:59 am

Just a quick disclaimer: this was supposed to be the story of the first cocktail I've ever had which was last week but upon writing it I do remember I've had the occasional well gin kamikaze, redbull mixed with insert popular at the time cheap liquor, and bar floor abortions in the past. So this is now the first cocktail that made me seriously consider alcoholism as a sound direction to take in life.

I was at a nice restaurant the other day and since I wasn't driving, a foreign concept here, I decided to try a cocktail for the first time. I wanted to try a classic drink since I was only going to have one (now I'm just speaking in tongues). I knew I had to limit myself to one because eventually I would have to drive home from my friend's house so the long island iced tea and Flack's gargle blasters were both off the table for consideration...for now...I thought about it long and hard until my friend snapped at me and said just get the fucking drink already so I chose a manhattan.

I never had one before but I knew what they looked like from reading the posts here and sometimes I just type in cocktail into google and scroll through all of the images. So needless to say it came as a surprise when the waitress came back with a pink, and I mean flamingo pink, drink with crushed ice in a rock glass that was garnished with a slice of orange.

She explained to me that I might like this more so she took the liberty of changing my order but if it didn't suit me that she would change it out for the manhattan. I took one methodical sip as she stood smiling inquisitively and I experienced true happiness for the first time in my entire life. And by true happiness I mean if I could have somehow acquired enough of this drink I would abandon everything I know and love in life to be an underpass wino. I told her that this drink was absolutely amazing and thanked her for it and she seemed more relieved to be able to return to her other duties than my approval of her drink selection but before leaving she said she was happy that I liked it and told me what it was called but I didn't quite catch the name of the drink so I asked if she could repeat herself and for some odd reason I didn't catch the name on the second time and I didn't want to seem like a bother so I just nodded and said ok and thanked her as if I heard what she said when I really didn't.

I then asked my friend what the waitress said the name of the drink was and he said didn't you hear her and I said no and then he said it and I didn't hear it because he was more focused on his steak at the time and when I asked him again he said it again in a shooing manner with a slight flicker of his steak knife and I didn't hear it then either so I just let it go.

It had a faint taste of coconut and obviously citrus from the orange garnish but the main flavor was fruit of some sort, tropical fruit maybe? It was very fruity and exotic tasting. I did catch from the waitress that it had knob creek in it as the primary spirit but I couldn't tell and I've drank a good bit of knob creek neat as its something I always keep stocked up on.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:27 am

Did you think it was a little weird that she brought you something besides what you ordered?

"Mr. Mays, I know you ordered a gin fizz but here's a rum and cosby."

Glad you liked it though, have you ever tried to recreate it?

Also: Googling cocktails = booze pr0n. Two thumbs up!

THE
LIQUID CENTERFOLD
AARDVARK