I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Post by Tdarcos »

There's one guy who was so ugly he should have died twice!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

At first I thought it was Dali, again.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Not Herman! He didn't give Frank Cross the happy ending he asked for...

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Who are these guys?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

That is Michael J. Pollard. See: Bonnie and Clyde, Tango & Cash, Scrooged, House of 1000 Corpses...

He was also Jahn ,the leader of the ruthless children in an episode of Star Trek.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Any plans to celebrate our anniversary?

Post by Tdarcos »

Jonsey started this thread December 1, 2011.

As of tomorrow, this thread has been running for eight years!

We will be experiencing the 8th anniversary of Jonsey starting a deathclock on me. I suspect he had no idea this would go on for so long.

A week or two ago I went back and looked at the old entries, and it looks like neither did any of you, either. Half the entries had pictures that the links have gone dead - just like the people shown in them - and have no explanation of whom they were.

Even Jonsey finally got the point I've been making for years, when he said, "Who are these people?" Photos with no explanation might not tell us whom they are. And sometimes a photo search does not tell you either.

I can probably ask if any of you have memories of your favorite deaths. I have four.

My #4 is Toni Morrison, as I said,
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:16 pmJesus, even one of these achievements would probably be the crowning achievement of a lifetime, and she received all of them. This is like a "Triple Crown" winner: Nobel, Pulitzer, Medal of Freedom. And she did all this after she was 60 years old.
Tdarcos wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:59 am John William King, sentenced to die ... for ... dragging of James Byrd, Jr., in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998... his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. King was executed by lethal injection at the state penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas, on April 24, 2019.
#2 Unnamed motorist who had an automobile accident on Interstate 5 in Los Angeles. He struck the barrier from speed so fast, not only did the impact kill him, he was not wearing a seat belt, and his corpse was ejected out the windshield and propelled to the top of a freeway sign. Fire department spokesman said they'd never seen anything like it, they had to shut down I-5 for an hour to use a special ladder truck in order to retrieve his body from the top of a 30-foot sign!

And my #1 favorite death (not reported here, posted on my blog): Mr. Sanchez, who died from jumping off a freeway overpass in Los Angeles. This was Sanchez's ninth attempt to commit suicide, and he finally succeeded. Sanchez jumped to his death using artificial legs, which he ended up getting after a previous unsuccessful suicide attempt.

You may now understand why I named the post "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Makes you wonder why they didn't just give the schlub what he wanted and give the legs to a disabled veteran or something.

THE
SECOND LAST
CHANCE
AARDVARK

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Flack wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm House of 1000 Corpses.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Bada-Bing!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I was going to go with

But I'm a sucker for King Kong

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

'Vark. which of those four is dead? Or did you man all of them are? And, as the Commander, I need to ask my C.O., who is the guy, if the picture was in color, would be doing the Jimi Hendrix thing, and disappearing in a cloud of Purple Haze, or whatever you'd call going at it so hard he's chain smoking a single cigarette, sir!?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Oh, the dead guy is the one I was referring to. Couldn't find a movie still with only him in it.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:55 am Oh, the dead guy is the one I was referring to. Couldn't find a movie still with only him in it.
Yeah, but 'Vark, there are four people in that picture, three of them "guys." Numbers 1, 3 and 4. You haven't said whom it is, nor which one it is in the picture. Just do us all a favor, stop the torture and be like Heisenberg: "Say his name."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:15 pm
AArdvark wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:55 am Oh, the dead guy is the one I was referring to. Couldn't find a movie still with only him in it.
Yeah, but 'Vark, there are four people in that picture, three of them "guys." Numbers 1, 3 and 4. You haven't said whom it is, nor which one it is in the picture. Just do us all a favor, stop the torture and be like Heisenberg: "Say his name."
Come on, Paul. You're a smart man. You can figure it out.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:15 pm Yeah, but 'Vark, there are four people in that picture, three of them "guys." Numbers 1, 3 and 4. You haven't said whom it is, nor which one it is in the picture. Just do us all a favor, stop the torture and be like Heisenberg: "Say his name."
Process of elimination, paul, it's not Jessica Lang, Jeff Bridges, or Charles Grodin so there you go.