Emails woes

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Emails woes

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

My zombieworld.com email account is not receiving mail, if anyone needs to get a hold of me please use my gmail one, which is my name with a period between the first and last name.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Re: Emails woes

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 pm My email account is ... my gmail one, which is my name with a period between the first and last name.
Right, πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄πŸ…²πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…Ό.πŸ…ΉπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ†‚πŸ…΄πŸ†ˆ@gmail.com gotcha. And since GMail confirms that name is in use I assume it's yours.

While that's tedious I just realized it makes a great Spam filter!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

That's hilarious. No, that email address is not mine.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The spelling of that name should be unique, so someone really has to try to go after me to get it. When I try to login with it, I see

To get a verification code, first confirm the recovery email address you added to your account todβ€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’@aol.com

Oh well, million other things to worry about.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 pm My email account is ... my gmail one, which is my name with a period between the first and last name.
Right, πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄πŸ…²πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…Ό.πŸ…ΉπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ†‚πŸ…΄πŸ†ˆ@gmail.com gotcha. And since GMail confirms that name is in use I assume it's yours.

While that's tedious I just realized it makes a great Spam filter!
Fun fact: gmail does not care about a period inside the name, just completely ignores it.

Flack

Post by Flack »

That's true -- you can sign up for things with the period in your name and easily create spam filters to dump them later.

I think the old trick with the plus sign still works too. Google (at least used to) ignores everything between a plus sign and the @ sign -- ie: icecreamjonsey+poop@gmail and icecreamjonsey+peepee@gmail are the same address.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 pm That's true -- you can sign up for things with the period in your name and easily create spam filters to dump them later.
Confirmed, although gmail warns you if they never used that address before.
Flack wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 pm I think the old trick with the plus sign still works too. Google (at least used to) ignores everything between a plus sign and the @ sign -- ie: icecreamjonsey+poop@gmail and icecreamjonsey+peepee@gmail are the same address.
Confirmed also, which probably make those the #2 and #1 address alternates. Oh wait, strike #1. The second example isn't #1, it's where #1 comes from...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Zombieworld thing got fixed. Patrick from poehosting.com was informed of the issue and fixed whatever was wrong in less than a half hour.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: ↑Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 pm The Zombieworld thing got fixed. Patrick from poehosting.com was informed of the issue and fixed whatever was wrong in less than a half hour.
I had a similar problem back,when I was using the email address of postmaster@paul.washington.dc.us, my hosting company didn't know about geographic .us addresses in that they were legitimately four levels deep. Or five if I wanted to use www.paul.washington.dc.us . But hey, the domain name was free (no private registrar was handling .dc.us, so Neustar, or whoever it was back then, handled names under that location for free as part of their contract with the Department of Commerce), and hosting cost about $2 a year, which, when I was even more broke - if that's even possible - than I am now, cost (iin both cases) was of an ultra extreme importance.