I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Post by pinback »

He taught a generation of men: You can be the ugliest guy in history -- the ugliest man you can possibly imagine, even -- but if you're a rock star, you too can marry the most beautiful woman in the universe.

More importantly, Paulina's back on the market.

brb
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

I was bummed to hear that Ric Ocasek had died. There comes a moment in every Cars fan's life when you come to realize many of your favorite Cars songs aren't actually sung by Cars singer and apparent frontman Ric Ocasek. Instead, it turns out it's actually Cars bassist and singer Ben Orr who is the vocalist on some of the band's biggest and best hits. They definitely sounded pretty similar. I always assumed Orr was deliberately imitating Ocacek, but I suppose it could have been the other way around . Ocasek himself seems to have strongly believed Orr was the better singer. I'd say that's going a little too far, especially considering I personally struggle to this day to tell them apart sometimes. Now both guys who sounded like Ric Ocasek are dead. That's pretty sad.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm More importantly, Paulina's back on the market.
Man, she's still hot at 54. I remember her Playboy issue . . . we had some good times together we did.
pinback wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm He taught a generation of men: You can be the ugliest guy in history -- the ugliest man you can possibly imagine, even -- but if you're a rock star, you too can marry the most beautiful woman in the universe.
Shopping for a chick is kind of like shopping for a used car. You have a budget (your attractiveness to women score) and have trade-offs of features that you can get. For example, if I have a $5k budget for a used car, I have to trade off between three major factors, age, features/attractiveness, and reliability. Right now with that budget I could get a '90's 300zx which is attractive and fast but maybe not very reliable, I could get a late model Mercedes which has lots of features but isn't very fast or new, or I could get a '15 Corolla which is damn reliable and fairly new but not very attractive or exciting. Like my wife: she's still hot at 45 and talented but man have I had some head issues with her. I could maybe have chosen someone plainer and who brings in a regular income but not nearly as exciting. My wife chose me because I was mildly attractive, fairly respectful compared to other guys and had what she judged to be a good income potential. I could not have scored a chick that was attractive and talented but not broken unless she was way older (but that would indicate broken so theres that).

Ric met Paulina when he was 40 and she was 18 so even though he was horrid looking she judged that he had great income (was already rich), was exciting and talented.

Someone should do some research and come up with a formula for how this works so kids don't have so much angst about finding someone.

pinback wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm brb
understood.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:25 am
pinback wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm More importantly, Paulina's back on the market.
Man, she's still hot at 54. I remember her Playboy issue . . . we had some good times together we did.
That was the first "dirty magazine" I ever purchased with my own money. I wasn't yet 18, but they didn't hassle me about it. Thanks, Crown Books!

Here's another fun fact about that issue that I just learned last night after taking a stroll down memory lane:

The Playmate of the Month, my first of many, was Sharry Konopski. Sharry Konopski was paralyzed from the waist down after a car accident in 1995, and died of lung cancer in 2017.

I can't believe Tdarcos outlived Sharry Konopski.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 pmThe Playmate of the Month, my first of many, was Sharry Konopski. Sharry Konopski was paralyzed from the waist down after a car accident in 1995...
You still don't have a shot with her.
pinback wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 pm...and died of lung cancer in 2017.
Okay. 50/50.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm [Ric Ocasek] taught a generation of men: You can be the ugliest guy in history -- the ugliest man you can possibly imagine, even -- but if you're a rock star, you too can marry the most beautiful woman in the universe.
Shopping for a chick is kind of like shopping for a used car. You have a budget (your attractiveness to women score) and have trade-offs of features that you can get. For example, [yadda, yadda, yadda]
Oh come on! You proceed to compare "shopping for a chick" to shopping for a used car, and the you do this long spiel on shopping for a used car and then no contrasting details on shopping for a chick. I mean, seriously, even I know a few things about it. For example, when Geannie and I would go out shopping, and others saw a large man and large woman holding hands, walking down an aisle, people got the fuck out of the way! Supermarket, Big Lots, Wal-Mart, 7-11, doesn't matter. They got out of the way in a big damned hurry!

Or maybe "shopping for a chick" meant all the things needed for raising chicks: bags of corn, heat lamps, chicken coops, etc. Farming is big business.

Oh, you meant something other than buying stuff for a chick when you said "shopping for a chick"? Gee, I wonder what you meant by that...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 am
pinback wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm [Ric Ocasek] taught a generation of men: You can be the ugliest guy in history -- the ugliest man you can possibly imagine, even -- but if you're a rock star, you too can marry the most beautiful woman in the universe.
Shopping for a chick is kind of like shopping for a used car. You have a budget (your attractiveness to women score) and have trade-offs of features that you can get. For example, [yadda, yadda, yadda]
Oh come on! You proceed to compare "shopping for a chick" to shopping for a used car, and the you do this long spiel on shopping for a used car and then no contrasting details on shopping for a chick. I mean, seriously, even I know a few things about it. For example, when Geannie and I would go out shopping, and others saw a large man and large woman holding hands, walking down an aisle, people got the fuck out of the way! Supermarket, Big Lots, Wal-Mart, 7-11, doesn't matter. They got out of the way in a big damned hurry!

Or maybe "shopping for a chick" meant all the things needed for raising chicks: bags of corn, heat lamps, chicken coops, etc. Farming is big business.

Oh, you meant something other than buying stuff for a chick when you said "shopping for a chick"? Gee, I wonder what you meant by that...
It's been awhile since you've been "on the market", I take it.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jessica Jaymes was 43.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Flack wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:44 am Jessica Jaymes was 43.
Not on that cover.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Nobody read that nuclear shame article.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Oh, there was a mushroom cloud all right.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 am Oh, there was a mushroom cloud all right.
Was it really necessary for you to ejaculate that?
(If you think that's a weak pun, go look it up, I'm using the word correctly.)
Maybe it would have been better if you used less plosives.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Surprisingly, I won't be looking that up at work.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:22 pm Image
Tdarcos wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm Sorry, I accidentally saved the above.

He's John William King, sentenced to die April 24, 2019 for the 1998 dragging of James Byrd, Jr., a black man.
Absent changes, King will be executed by lethal injection after 6pm at the Men's execution chamber in Huntsville. Texas' death row is the most busy in the U.S.
From the Wikipedia article "Murder of James Byrd Jr.": Image
James Byrd Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African American who was murdered by three white supremacists in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pickup truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious throughout most of his ordeal, was killed about halfway through the dragging when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. [deleted] King was executed by lethal injection at the state penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas, on April 24, 2019.

Nailed it. Or in the case of King, needled it! Just four months early, and if I wasn't busy being sick and had no computer or tablet back n April, maybe I'd have remembered.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Nog died

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Oh no not Nog!

Also, does anyone else miss old cool magazine covers like that Flack posted? For historical purposes of course.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 pmNog died
He had a kidney transplant in 2015. Guess it didn't work.

They'll cut his body into small pieces and sell them to his relatives.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 pm Nog died
Old ferengi never die, they just cash out!

I will be un-damned if I can't figure out what happened to this reply, I thought I posted it before.

Casual Observer

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

King Diamond died?