[Recipe] Jiz's Hawaiin Ham

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

[Recipe] Jiz's Hawaiin Ham

Post by Jizaboz »

You will need:

1 "Shank portion" ham. Bone-in. At least 8 pounds.
1 Can of pineapple slices.
1 Reynolds Kitchen Oven Cooking Bag
1 A tablespoon or two of flour
1 Large roasting pan

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Drop the flour into the bag and shake the bag a couple of times. Place bag in roasting pan.
- Take the ham out of the packaging. Be sure to remove the little plastic circle at the open end (widest end) of the ham.
- Put ham in bag open end down.
- Open can of pineapple and empty contents over ham.
- Close and tie bag. Cut 4 1-inch long slits near top of bag.
- Put ham in oven. Set timer for 2 hours.
- Remove ham when timer is done.
- Let ham rest for 30 minutes before lifting from bag and placing somewhere to carve.

Done!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Re: [Recipe] Jiz's Hawaiin Ham

Post by pinback »

This sounds wonderful. However, I object to people calling things "Hawaiian" because there's a pineapple in it.

I've been to Hawaii, I've eaten in Hawaii, I have several Hawaiian cookbooks, and I cannot recall one dish we had while we were there that had pineapple in it, and I just flipped through my cookbooks for a minute and couldn't find a single recipe that had it.

But I would eat this entire thing, and I wouldn't even take it out of the bag, just keep digging in all HAMFISTED.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:52 am This sounds wonderful. However, I object to people calling things "Hawaiian" because there's a pineapple in it.

I've been to Hawaii, I've eaten in Hawaii
Let me guess, "Jizaboz, you're no Hawaiian. "
pinback wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:52 am I have several Hawaiian cookbooks, and I cannot recall one dish we had while we were there that had pineapple in it,
(Voice of Homer Simpson): Hmmm, macadamia nuts!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

ROFL 100% correct sir! I am not a Hawaiian.
pinback wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:52 am This sounds wonderful. However, I object to people calling things "Hawaiian" because there's a pineapple in it.

I've been to Hawaii, I've eaten in Hawaii, I have several Hawaiian cookbooks, and I cannot recall one dish we had while we were there that had pineapple in it, and I just flipped through my cookbooks for a minute and couldn't find a single recipe that had it.

But I would eat this entire thing, and I wouldn't even take it out of the bag, just keep digging in all HAMFISTED.
I also honestly did not name this ham! My GF gave it the title and I rolled with it despite it being ridiculous. I've never even been (really want to one day) so I know you are the real expert there.

But yes simple recipe but it turns out great every time.. even with cheaper brands of hams so long is it is the shank cut.

The leftover bone also makes for a great pot of pinto beans in the crockpot when the ham is gone.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻