Free Crusader Kings II Steam key available

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

bryanb

Free Crusader Kings II Steam key available

Post by bryanb »

So I've managed to purchase Crusader Kings II twice in different Humble Bundle deals. This means I have an extra Steam key I won't have any use for. If anyone here would like to start playing CKII, let me know and I'll gift the key to you via Humble Bundle.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Free Crusader Kings II Steam key available

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

ALSO! Does anyone know the cheapest long term place to get a domain? I am getting one for the project Bryanb and I are involved with and I don't want to pay too much for it. Where's the best spot these days?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh also, I have Crusader Kings II already, otherwise I'd be all over this. So one of you step up!!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I use SoonerDomains.com, which is $8.99/year for a .com.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack, I appreciate the suggestion, but it appears that soonerdomains.com is already taken.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

LOL

I've heard good stuff about that one too. I use NameCheap myself because I hadn't heard of SoonerDomains at the time.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:36 pm Flack, I appreciate the suggestion, but it appears that soonerdomains.com is already taken.
Whoops. Try it now.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It worked!!!

Okay, Bryanb, sending that through.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Whoops. Try it now.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Okay, I do have an invalid cert thing coming up that I will need to correct.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Whoops. Try it now.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I guess security isn't made for the Trotting Krips. That's okay. We'll turn it into a strength!

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 am I guess security isn't made for the Trotting Krips. That's okay. We'll turn it into a strength!
We're thinking of just giving everyone Sysop access on their first call. It'll be a social experiment!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

bryanb wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:38 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 am I guess security isn't made for the Trotting Krips. That's okay. We'll turn it into a strength!
We're thinking of just giving everyone Sysop access on their first call. It'll be a social experiment!
I once visited Caltech in Pasadena because I needed to buy a book only the campus bookstore sold. They were also selling a book by one of their professors, that intrigued me so much I thought maybe I should look him up and just mention I thought his book was interesting (from the small amount I read (I didn't have enough cash for both books, credit cards were very hard to get then, and the idea of turning ATM cards into Visa and MasterCard was a decade or more in the future.

The author was professor Richard Feynman, and I'll regret never taking the time to go meet him.

Anyway, I digress. I happened to stop in the Caltech computer lab, and either I happened to get to read the user manual for their computer system or saw a posted notice. It explained that in order to allow students to help each other out, everyone on the system got full administrator privileges, allowing them to kill runaway jobs or release terminals that got locked up, but in granting everyone these privileges they were expected to use them responsibly.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

It's too bad you didn't meet him, because I'll bet he would have had a good chuckle every time someone visited his office after that and asked what the story was behind the restraining order hanging on his wall.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Tdarcos wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:07 am I once visited Caltech in Pasadena because I needed to buy a book only the campus bookstore sold. They were also selling a book by one of their professors, that intrigued me so much I thought maybe I should look him up and just mention I thought his book was interesting (from the small amount I read (I didn't have enough cash for both books, credit cards were very hard to get then, and the idea of turning ATM cards into Visa and MasterCard was a decade or more in the future.

The author was professor Richard Feynman, and I'll regret never taking the time to go meet him.
Yeah, it's too bad you didn't follow through on that. Feynman definitely had a gift for making big ideas seem accessible to everyone. It's cool that just reading part of his book made you want to reach out a la The Man in the High Castle. I'm not sure I would've done it myself though...somehow I think of every author I like as being an asshole in real life. I assume that actually meeting them would probably end up making me hate their books.
Tdarcos wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:07 am Anyway, I digress. I happened to stop in the Caltech computer lab, and either I happened to get to read the user manual for their computer system or saw a posted notice. It explained that in order to allow students to help each other out, everyone on the system got full administrator privileges, allowing them to kill runaway jobs or release terminals that got locked up, but in granting everyone these privileges they were expected to use them responsibly.
I bet everything got wiped on a weekly basis nonetheless.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

bryanb wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:46 pm I'm not sure I would've done it myself though...somehow I think of every author I like as being an asshole in real life. I assume that actually meeting them would probably end up making me hate their books.
Yeah I always assumed the same as well. On the other hand, while I never met him in person I used to exchange private messages a lot with Clive Barker.. just happened to join Twitter around the same time he did. He was really very friendly and revealed a thing or 2 about himself I had no idea about because it's not like it was printed anywhere. This was before he had a bad health scare (toxic shock after some dental work) and shortly after he recovered, he handed his account over to a PR guy so that he wouldn't waste too much time.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻