Donald J. Trump, the msn who didn't intend to be king

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

What do yoy think of Trump's election

Poll ended at Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:51 pm

I agree it was a publicity stunt
No votes
He really was legitimately running but didn't expect to win
No votes
He really was legitimately running and believed he could win
67%
I try not to think about Trump at all
33%
Other (guve an explanation message)
No votes

Total votes: 3

Tdarcos

Donald J. Trump, the msn who didn't intend to be king

Post by Tdarcos »

If you've never seen the movie, go read the plot summary on Wikipedia for the 1972 Robert Redford film The Candidate. I saw thw movie once. In essence, Redford is running for a Senate seat against another candidate that is so popular Redford can't win, so he doesn't have to tailor his remarks to prevent offending people, he can just say what he thinks. In the end, his frank honesty wins him the election.

At the end of the movie, clearly shell-shocked and puzzled, he turns to his campaign manager, and says, "Now what do we do?"

I think this also sums up the election of one Donald J. Trump. I have gathered from various sources and commentary, the following thought: Trump never intended or expected to be elected President and his entire campaign was merely a huge publicity stunt. All of the polls and the general opinion was that Hillary was going to win in a landslide.

So Hillary gets the popular vote but Trump, while getting fewer votes, wins the Electoral College count and thus wins the election. And doesn't have a clue on what to do now that he won. First thing was he tries to argue the election was tampered with or corrupted by "millions of illegal votes," and excluding those, he would also have won the popular vote.

Ignoring the fact that, in general we don't have large-scale voter fraud in the US, his attitude reminds me of someone who can't believe they won. Look, if you're in a track race against another person, and you both are running to approach the finish line, your opponent is ten feet ahead of you and approaching the ribbon, when two feet from the line. he keels over backwards and drops dead of a heart attack, and you cross the finish line, you still won even if the other guy falls out of the race for something not his fault.

I can also note that despite intensive scrutiny, no evidence of fraud was found. With the possible exception of Chicago during the Daley Administration (vote early, vote often), wholesale fraud doesn't happen here, and we generally have (very) clean elections.

So lets hear your opinion.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Wrong Base Fairy

Re: Donald J. Trump, the msn who didn't intend to be king

Post by Wrong Base Fairy »

Please move this to the politics area.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Wrong Base Fairy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:19 pm Please move this to the politics area.
Please be so kind as to state where this alleged politics area, as there is no base here with "politics" in its name.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I bet it's the one that has the word 'liberal' in it.

THE
POLITICAL ANIMAL
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:10 pm I bet it's the one that has the word 'liberal' in it.
Then that still excludes disxussion of Trump, he is a Republican, and given his support by such as Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, ostensibly a conswrvative.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Help me out here, people

pinback

Post by pinback »

Much like America, it's far too late to fix this.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Let the man speak! Let the man pontificate! It's in the wrong base though!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 pm Let the man speak! Let the man pontificate! It's in the wrong base though!
Well where the fuck is it supposed to be, and how the hell am I supposed to know which one it is? Or is it, where the hell is it supposed to be, and how the fuck am I supposed to know which one it is?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

There’s no spirit here!!!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 pm There’s no spirit here!!!!
You forgot the audio commentary, Pihback should have a copy. Sometimes I think I'm funniest when I get really angry. I still would like to know where this unnamed, unidentified, and unspecified proper politics base is, and how I would have any way to know this. As I said before that line, "don't pull no fuckin' shit on me," if there is a specific politics base, there should be a clear and obvious indication of it. Otherwise, you're "pissing down my back and telling me it's raining."