What Today's Kids Want To Be When They Grow Up

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

What Today's Kids Want To Be When They Grow Up

Post by Flack »

LEGO recently surveyed 3,000 kids between the ages of 8 and 12 and asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. Here were the top 5 results:

05. Astronaut
04. Musician
03. Professional athlete
02. Teacher
01. Vlogger/YouTuber
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Re: What Today's Kids Want To Be When They Grow Up

Post by RealNC »

So 80% the same as 20 years ago. Just #1 changed to vlogger/youtuber from video game tester.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ultimately I think #1 and #2 will be combined.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RealNC wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:47 am So 80% the same as 20 years ago. Just #1 changed to vlogger/youtuber from video game tester.
I did that job for a bit - I was at Cyrix on the site designing processors and the reference motherboards. (What I mean by that is that I had no part in the design, but I would - well, let me break out of these.) I was tasked with playing a bunch of games to make sure they worked OK on the Cyrix processor.

The funny thing was, you felt guilty doing it after a week or so. There were 40 some-odd games. I was playing entire games of NHL 98 over and over again. But you had bugs like the one with Final Fantasy VII where you could only see it if you were a ways of the way in.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/a ... 6B_jA1H-AJ

(And now that I read that, they are talking about it not even booting.)

After that first week it became a slog and I could see why they gave the task to the new person. Playing the same games over and over again isn't fun. I wonder if there's that sort of thing going on now for CPU processor manufacturers.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I officially nominate “vlogger” as the first occupation that must be promptly replaced by AI.

Although I guess it’s kind of like how many kids in the 80s including myself thought it would be awesome to be an actor or even cooler be in a band that made music videos. Then again never mind, those things actually require at least a bit of talent.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻