Thank you, Mariella

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Thank you, Mariella

Post by Tdarcos »

I have no idea who it is - it conceivably could be one of the nurses or other staff here - but someone named Mariella sent me a large bag of Starburst candy, the 54 oz size.

I sent her a thank you through Amazon's thank you system for gift items. But I have no idea who my unknown benefactor is.

But I do appreciate it, so, whoever you are, Mariella, thank you.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Thank you, Mariella

Post by Casual Observer »

What other kinds of treats do you like? Everyone here should send Paul something. I've got my Prime account ready to go.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I've asked Paul twice on this forum what he wants/needs sent to him and he doesn't answer. Consider this a third request.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I wouldn't cash in that coupon you sent me just to send you the Starbursts ;)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Can there be some Paul Karma System that doesn't involve me making an account or giving people banking details? A GoFundMe? A really pie-in-the-sky Amazon wishlist? What can WE do?

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Can there be some Paul Karma System that doesn't involve me making an account or giving people banking details? A GoFundMe? A really pie-in-the-sky Amazon wishlist? What can WE do?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 pm What other kinds of treats do you like? Everyone here should send Paul something. I've got my Prime account ready to go.
I've always loved York® peppermint patties, and I've been trying to find out if the "new, improved" flavor of Butterfinger® is different from what I remember.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 pm I wouldn't cash in that coupon you sent me just to send you the Starbursts ;)
Jiz, if I had intended that, I'd have sent the coupon to my sister or gave it to someone working here to go get it for me.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:40 pm Can there be some Paul Karma System that doesn't involve me making an account or giving people banking details? A GoFundMe? A really pie-in-the-sky Amazon wishlist? What can WE do?
I think the current options are:

01. Physically mailing him things (money, food, whatever).

02. Amazon shipment (drop ship to his new address).

Safe bets include an unbreakable phone/tablet and/or protective cases.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:15 pm I've asked Paul twice on this forum what he wants/needs sent to him and he doesn't answer. Consider this a third request.
Okay, a hundred grand and a pink Cadillac®. Now, if you follow it correctly, you'd get me a Nestle® $100,000 Bar® and a package of Gerrit's™gummi pink Cadillacs® and you'd have given me what I asked for. Would make for a cute commercial, the guy promises that to his girlfriend, then she gets two packages of candy.

Actually, I'm wondering what gummi Starburst® taste like. I'd also like to know where the battleship Missouri in the movie Under Siege was able to get 5" Starburst shells.

I also like (cheap) pink wintergreen lozenges. Sometimes I'd buy Altoids® wintergreen and mix them in with the pink ones, they'd make the pink ones stronger peppermint, and the Altoids® sweeter. I'd refer to it as "making them both behave."

--------
I once called up Discover® Card, and asked since they have a Miles card, did they offer one in Kilometers? The clerk said she didn't think they offered the card in Europe.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Since you are on a diabetic diet, are you allowed to have all this sugar delivered?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 am Since you are on a diabetic diet, are you allowed to have all this sugar delivered?
Probably not, but who cares? I just lost a leg and I"m bedridden. I like having something extra to look forward to. The things I look forward to at lunch and dinner — unless the main course was very good — is dessert. Sometimes thats the only part of the meal I find tasty.

I mean, it's not like I can get up and get something or ride my wh3lchair down to the 7-11, which I did when I lived over on Baltimore Ave. I mean, right now I guess I"m in dire straits.

————
"We got to move these refrigerators; got to move these color TVs."
— Dire Straits, Money For Nothin'

Tdarcos

Garbage caused by keyboard

Post by Tdarcos »

I am not doing leet speak on purpose such as when I "leeted" the word wheelchair in the previous message. It just turns out the new on—screen keyboard has some idiosyncracies such as taking two keypresses of the same vowel as meaning you want the alternate character. So, two "e's" in a hurry, or too fast, you get 3, two "r" gets 4, two "o" get 9, etc.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:59 am
Flack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 am Since you are on a diabetic diet, are you allowed to have all this sugar delivered?
Probably not, but who cares? I just lost a leg and I"m bedridden. I like having something extra to look forward to. The things I look forward to at lunch and dinner — unless the main course was very good — is dessert. Sometimes thats the only part of the meal I find tasty.
Fair enough.

I just sent 8 bags of Starburst Gummies, 8 packs of Altoids (Wintergreen), and 8 packs of Altoids (Peppermint). Estimated date of arrival is Monday. Please let me know when they make it to your room.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Paul, if the food there is as bad as it sounds like, are you able to get stuff delivered? We could pitch in gift cards for stuff like Pizza Hut and Doordash. You've added more content than anyone to a site that I've "casually" enjoyed for almost 20 years so would be thrilled to contribute to your quality of life. It's not charity but rather thanks.

Tdarcos

I"m Shocked

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:03 am
Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:59 am ...dessert. Sometimes thats the only part of the meal I find tasty.
Fair enough.

I just sent 8 bags of Starburst Gummies, 8 packs of Altoids (Wintergreen), and 8 packs of Altoids (Peppermint). Estimated date of arrival is Monday. Please let me know when they make it to your room.
Holy shit, Flack, I am touched. Thank you, sir. But why peppermint Altoids when I have wintergreen candy with it? Are you recommending mixing flavors? I just realized i read it wrong, what I thought you said was you bought wintergreen candy and peppermint Altoids, not two different flavors of Altoids. I'm still amazed and touched. "I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling / Gotta make you understand..."

Tdarcos

on another note

Post by Tdarcos »

I know a guy who can't ever post anything. He's into S&M and he's exclusively dominant. He just can't bring himself to press/click the "Submit" button.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Did you make that up?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:51 am Did you make that up?
Yes.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I am completely puzzled. I also ordered a bag of Strburst on eBay and it says it was deluvered. Thing is, it was shipped from Amazon. The fact it was listed as a gift confused me.

I think it was a case of arbitrage; someone is selling stuff on eBay then buying it on Amszon and pocketing the small difference. Doesn't bother me, I only ordered it on eBay because they take Paypal — and Amazon doesn"t.