I gave my motorcycle to my neighbor

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

I gave my motorcycle to my neighbor

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It was a positive experience, but I can't own a motorcycle right now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: I gave my motorcycle to my neighbor

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 am It was a positive experience, but I can't own a motorcycle right now.
Did the wife ask you to get rid of it? My wife says no motorcycle until I have at least $500k in life insurance for her.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl yet?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ouch guys. Very ouch.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:59 pm Ouch guys. Very ouch.
Well it's obvious from your non answer for a month that #1 your wife demanded no Moto and #2 she does at least read this board so you couldn't answer. You should encourage her to post, promise i won't be rude to her like Vit.

Ice Cream Jonsey

These conclusions wound me. They wound me to my soul.

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:18 pm These conclusions wound me. They wound me to my soul.
Come on, have her join the fun here. Promise I won't use the indefinite article "the wife", as I've heard some folks have an issue with that.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Not only am I wounded, but apparently we now go for everyone I've ever met?

The wounds!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:43 amPromise I won't use the indefinite article "the wife",
Pretty hard to do considering you're using a definite article there.

Casual Observer

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 pm
Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:43 amPromise I won't use the indefinite article "the wife",
Wow's youre right' I just read dictionary.com. Apparently Fight Club was inaccurate when mentioned that "a dildo" versus "your dildo " was a distinction. Apparently that's not a correct use of indefinate artical.

Casual Observer

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 pm
Wow's youre right' I just read dictionary.com. Apparently Fight Club was inaccurate when mentioned that "a dildo" versus "your dildo " was a distinction. Apparently that's not a correct use of indefinate artical.

Casual Observer

Not sure why it double posted.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:19 am Not sure why it double posted.
That's why we don't talk about Fight Club.

Ice Cream Jonsey

OK, just to sum up where we've gone so far and where we are going.

1. I am not having children or adopting them or anything else. We seem to do okay when it's 2 dogs and 2 cats. The American dream. (Well, maybe that was 1 dog and 1 cat and a picket fence, but times change.) I'd raise kids if my wife wanted to, but she doesn't, so there ya go.

2. She has no interest in reading or writing on bulletin boards which I think is for the best. There is too much potential for misunderstanding on the written word and it's nice for me to have a place where I can bullshit with people and look to the left when I need to get away from it.

3. The decision to just give my motorcycle to my old neighbor was built on a bunch of little things. You have to add them all up to get where I was mentally. If you don't then it seems insane but I don't care.

I didn't really ride the motorcycle much in 2018 because I had bought a new car and never had that experience before. I was driving "everywhere" although work was so close "everywhere" amounted to about 3500 miles for 2018.

There is some thread in this base regarding what I spent when I first got it for a tune up. It was at least a thousand bucks. Lemme find it ... ok, yeah, just over a thousand bucks. And then I spent $450 in November to get it ready for the road again, ALTHOUGH the items done then were things a motorcycle guy could learn how to do, I just didn't have time so I threw money at it. Well, I had a leak in the fork and I was going to have to pay to get that fixed. So this thing was rapidly costing money.

It would. not. start. in. the. cold. I get why, I THINK - the oil was sludge. Right? I don't know. I had to keep it outside at the city house. And my only "Actions" when it didn't start was to keep trying, adjust the choke and try till the battery went out. In which case I would have to recharge the battery and wait for warmer weather. It snowed on May 25th in the forest at the new house. So that's great, it'd be off the road from September 1 - May 25h. Unless ..

I could keep it in a garage at the new house, but that is where the games are. I already don't want anything in there but the games, but my wife is making good arguments about not spending 25 minutes each brushing snow off our cars during the winter when we know a storm is coming. The snow will ruin the games by melting inside unless I take action. I'd LOVE to take action, just gotta eliminate other crap I don't care about in life. Well, ok, let's say the motorcycle now lives inside a garage. That leaves ...

We have a dirt road for about a mile until we get to paved roads.

I didn't know the city of Evergreen existed until danzaland stayed with us this week and we took a drive west. There's all sorts of stuff there! I thought it was just barren nothingness around us. So that's my bad. But yes, I see *now* that I had a place to ride it for simple tasks, but I didn't know that then. However ...

After having no fun with it in 2018 and moving in the middle of winter, I had to get the thing from Denver 25 miles west to where we live. I don't like going on the highway with it. I never enjoyed that. I couldn't do it when it was actively snowing, so I put the cover on it and put it in front of my neighbor Lisa's house for two weeks. Anyone could take the cover off and fuck with it. That was anxiety inducing. When I did make the decision, initially, to drive it home I thought it would be a warm day in the 50s. It was. I forgot my gloves. Hands freezing, I knew I needed gas. The city blocked off six blocks so the closest gas station was now god knows how far away. My glasses fogged up. My helmet fogged up. I was cold. Jesus Christ, what the fuck am I trying to accomplish here?

The neighbor I gave the motorcycle to chased thieves away from my old WRX - thieves that were actively trying to steal it - twice. In the middle of the night. He is a great guy. He stopped a rape a few years ago and got shot in the eye and wears a glass eye now. He is the best neighbor I have ever had in my life. Just a great optimistic dude that cares about where he lives and his community. And so while a bunch of us are living the good life in the IT sector, he was running his own tow business. Two guys stole some of his tools out of his truck the other week which impacted his business. He had expressed an interest in the motorcycle, I offered it to him for some money but he didn't have it, he was behind on his rent ... so I said screw it. Just take it.

The other thing going on in all this was me trying to sell a lens and camera off craigslist / Facebook Marketplace. People buying things are scum. You guys aren't, I mean the general public. Flack and I have had MANY conversations about this. People buy something that is HUNDREDS of dollars off and they get told what the issues are - otherwise it would be full price, dumb ebay cunts - and then go through the "return" process on eBay anyway. And eBay takes their side and makes the buyer pay the fees and shipping and shit. I literally refuse to sell anything over the internet going forward. It has eliminated lots of frustration. But this means that if I were going to sell the motorcycle I'd have to do it via word of mouth and friend of friends and stuff. It was worth whatever I could get for the motorcycle to not have to do that and make a dude that I liked living across the street from happy.

Plus I needed the karma. I did something to somebody at some point. I needed a lot of karma points.

And then the last thing is that Honda 750s are very common, I can get another one at any time. Maybe I will if things ever calm down, who knows.

So that is the story!

Ice Cream Jonsey

(I also forgot to mention that I spent $80 on a new seat over eBay. Got it, put it aside for a couple months and took it out in the spring to put it on. Wrong seat cover. Enough time passed where I couldn't get *my* money back from eBay. So a duplicitous liar was able to fuck me over on that. I threw the seat in the garbage. That also contributed. A new seat would be $300 - $1000.)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Well there ya go. Honda 750s are known to be warm blooded. My last bike was a CB750 and it refused to start whenever the temperature dropped below 40 degrees.

I am blown away by the fact that you live in the mountains on a dirt road. It seems so NOT you. Please grow a Grizzly Adams beard and take a selfie wirh a bear. Please!

I totally understand your decision to give up the bike. Shit, I barely ride mine anymore and they can suck money just to sit there, making you feel guilty for not using it. And who wants that.

THE
HEY, IT'S
PAID FOR
AARDVARK

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Would you say your neighbor was delighted by their generous gift?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I bet he was! Cool story ICJ.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻