Let's follow hockey in 2018/2019

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Let's follow hockey in 2018/2019

Post by pinback »

we kicked ur ass bro
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There's this thing I noticed this year where if I had a game on I would look over at the other monitor. And I never actually SAW Jack Eichel or Jeff Skinner score a goal. I'd hear the call then look to my right and then see it on replay.

So I thought, well, I'm going to have my attention on the game the whole time for this, so that won't be a problem.

Then they got shut out. So I'm like the weeping angels except for Sabres scoring goals.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Holy crap I get that joke only because Kathy has forced me to watch Doctor "Who" for the last several months.

(You guys, his name really isn't "Doctor Who", that's the imperative question that's on everyone's minds! I didn't realize that until I started watching. I thought that was his name.)

(It isn't.)

pinback

Post by pinback »

(Unless it was in the early-ass original episodes, which I am definitely not going to watch.)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I was watching that back when the curly haired guy with the long scarf was playing him......(google google google)

Tom Baker (ding!)

Once he left I kinda got out of it. But this was about hockey wasn't it?

How about them Sabres!

One thing i noticed is that Gnews will never put a hockey article in their leading sports stories. It's been basketball football basketball football for a month now.

THE
GOONS WITH STICKS
NEED LOVE TOO
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:08 pm (Unless it was in the early-ass original episodes, which I am definitely not going to watch.)
Yeah. I respect them. I appreciate them on a "they exist" level. (Well, the BBC taped over some of them.) But man, you have to be made up of sterner stuff than I to be able to watch them today. And again, total respect for the 50 years of shows they have been doing.

There was one thing I saw that they did that I thought was clever. The original actor that played the original Doctor Who died in 1975. So he wasn't coming back from that one. I saw some trailer where a living actor was playing the original Doctor Who.

This might be it?

("Doctor Who," once you know what it means, may also be the best title for any TV show in history.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, after being essentially out of the playoff race with a couple weeks left, the Avs went 7-0-2 in their last nine games, and will now make the playoffs if they get a single point in either of their last two games, or if the Coyotes don't win both of theirs.

Do you believe in miracles?! Sort of!

pinback

Post by pinback »

The Avs are taking on the #1 seed in the West, the Calgary Flamers.

First game, the Flames shut the Avs out, and it appeared the series would go as I predicted, 4-0, with the Avs never scoring a single point.

In game two, the Avs were about to go down 2-0 in the series. But with an empty net, they managed to tie it up in the last minute, and Nathan McKinnon #29, the greatest ice hockey player in history, landed a rifle shot halfway through OT to bring the series even.

Last night, the Avs destroyed the Flames like they were a girls' high school team.

Avs up 2-1 in the series. Do you believe in relatively unexpected outcomes?!?!!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Avs are now up 3-1. I was gonna say "somehow", but no, it's because they are destroying the will of the #1 seed Flames.

Oh, also this shit:

Oh yeah, and this shit:

I started following this team at the exact moment in history when they got bad. Really bad. And they've been bad the whole time. This is the first time I've ever felt like they were really good. I wasn't expecting much, playing the #1 seed, but after this, I'm wondering just how far they can go.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Amerks are in the hunt this year! I predict one and done but I've been wrong before..

THE
CRYSTAL BALLS

AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

Jesus Christ, the Avs are belittling the Flames like a bunch of one-eyed kittens.

This is the first time I've ever seen them win a playoff series. It's weird rooting for a team that won everything before you became a fan. Nobody is happy for an Avs fan. But they should be happy for us. We paid our dues.

I watched the Avs win both of their Cups and was booing the whole time. Oh well.

I'll get it right this time, boys.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Leafs were playing a good "physical game" then sucked.
Hurricanes sucked.
I'm out.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Annnnd called it. Your Rochester Amerks were swept out of the playoffs in the first round. It seems the Buffalo Sabres send down a few guys and they just couldn't gel fast enough to win any playoff games. I think it's an excuse. Well there's always golf. It sucks because the Amerks were no. 2 in the standings before they folded in the post season.

THE
FOLD, SPINDLED AND MUTILATED
AADVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

avs are out, bye

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Glad I didn’t watch the last Hurricanes game
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻