Artists vs. their Art

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Artists vs. their Art

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:35 am Athletes are more about, are you still going to root for them and cheer them on. I've found recently that an athlete I've been a huge fan of for decades did something, not illegal, but distasteful enough to me that I find myself not caring about what he does anymore, or even actively rooting against him.

Screw you, Tiger.
I heard Rush Limbaugh going on about Tiger last week, he was all like "isn't it amazing how Tiger has earned a second chance after he's been so disgraced". That got me thinking about the start of this thread - I just can't figure out how Tiger cheating on his wife (who is now a multimillionaire) with trashy white women was so horribly disgraceful. He didn't roofee anyone, he didn't masturbate in front of unwilling women, he didn't jokingly pretend to grab a woman's tits by putting his hands nowhere near a flack jacket, he didn't even beat his wife. How did his infidelities affect any of us?

He was known as a golf prodigy, and yeah for his endorsement contracts he tried acting like a role model. Him turning out to have a fetish for trashy women makes me feel like he's a normal sports or celebrity guy, not some sort of magical guy who is perfect at everything. In fact, his wife coming after him with a golf club and the fact that he barely even bought the women fast food makes the whole story hilarious to me.

Pinner, how can you possibly let Tiger cheating on his wife obscure the fact that he's busted his ass for years to rehabilitate and play with an improved swing that doesn't destroy his body as much. He's paid his dues and worked his way back which is a great role model.

I thought we liked him for golf, not what he does with his penis.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I didn't care about that, I cared about him golfing with Trump.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Good point, that's a legit grievance. Fuck Tiger.

Casual Observer

Oh well, he got worse today. I guess i prefer sports stars who don't accept presidental freedom medals from total pieces of shit fuck you tiger.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's really unacceptable. Oh well, I guess I just have to accept it.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Golf is not a sport.

pinback

Post by pinback »

What a powerfully unique, interesting viewpoint!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I used to think there was an art to playing golf but since a sports match can't be spoiled, I guess not.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I think just about anything is a sport so long as it’s a competition. Take motor racing for example. I don’t really care for nascar, but I used to be a dirt track racer and still enjoy watching loud things compete on dirt in a circle.

I watched some of the last Tiger Woods win live and occasional other golf games because of a few reasons:

1. I just happened to catch it on TV and I knew it wouldn’t distract me from work.

2. I just got a new TV so the grass and stuff looks cool.

3. My grandparents on dads side really liked golf and got me into playing some as a kid and also enjoying games such as Top Players Golf for the Neo Geo which I still enjoy to this day.

4. Excellent nap material. Having golf on makes me want to get horizontal.

CO it strikes me a little odd that you have such a problem with the award thing. I would happily accept an award from what I thought was the worst president in history from any country if I were offered one. Maybe because I can could all of my awards on one hand with fingers to spare haha
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:38 amHow did his infidelities affect any of us?
Tiger isn't the only one whose known infidelity has not affected him. Bill Clinton and Donald Trump - just to name two - both became even more successful despite being known as having been cheating on their wives.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Casual Observer

Jizaboz wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 pmCO it strikes me a little odd that you have such a problem with the award thing. I would happily accept an award from what I thought was the worst president in history from any country if I were offered one. Maybe because I can could all of my awards on one hand with fingers to spare haha
Wait, I'm pretty sure I wrote that I didn't have a problem with Tiger's sex issues. No I wouldn't accept anything even a ribbon or even a handkerchief from fucknut Trump but that's not due to his pussy issues.