My Cousin Willy

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

My Cousin Willy

Post by Flack »

I wish I knew what caused some people to turn bad.

I wish I knew what prevented some people from ever changing.

This morning I learned my cousin Willy was arrested last month for selling crack. My cousin is 50 years old and has been arrested more times than I can count, and probably more times than he can remember.

My cousin is five years older than I am and grew up on the other side of town, so we didn't hang out all that often. I remember him showing me a big bag of weed once; that was around 1983, so I would have been 10 and he, 15. When we visited his house or he visited ours, we played Atari and shot BB guns. I don't really have a lot of stories that include the two of us doing stuff together.

But I do have a lot of stories about crimes he's committed. The guy's neither bright nor brave, so for the most part he steals from people he knows, which usually ends up being his own family. By the end of the 90s he had already spent time in prison. His typical MO is to rob people and sell the stolen goods at local pawn shops using his own ID, a crime he's been arrested for at least half a dozen times. (Crack kills brain cells, people.) When he got out of prison in the early 00's, everybody insisted on giving him a second (or third or fourth) chance. My cousin's sister allowed him to live with her, while my mom got him a job at a local HVAC company and hired him to replace the air conditioner at her rent house, where my sister was living. Exactly one month later, my cousin stole a work truck, robbed his own sister, and then robbed my mom's rent house, where my sister was living. He got caught a month or two later and went back to prison. His online rap sheet is two pages long.

Last year, both my cousin's dad and his step-dad passed away. My cousin was out on parole, and went around the funeral telling everybody how he had changed. The stress from the two deaths caused my aunt to overdose on prescription pills and have a stroke. She needs someone to care for her now, and my cousin -- suddenly a paladin in his own eyes -- said he would take care of her. "It's my mother!" he said, somehow offended by the fact that people didn't believe him.

Over the past couple of months, my cousin has taken one of my aunt's cars, and sold the other. While she was temporarily living in an assisted living facility, he changed all the locks on her house and started dealing drugs out of it. At one point, he began pressuring her to add his name to the home's title. In the meantime, he tore her house apart and sold all the appliances (he was "remodeling it," he says). That brings us to last month, when he was arrested for:
POSSESSION CDS WITH INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE
POSSESSION CDS WITH INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE (MISDEMEANOR)
POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
POSSESSION OF PROCEEDS IN VIOLATION OF UCDSA
POSSESSION OF PROCEEDS IN VIOLATION OF UCDSA
Monday, after Easter, my mom is going to help my aunt get an apartment close to her and move what's left of her possessions (clothes, mostly). My mom turns 72 this year and my aunt is her older sister, and not in great health. Depending on how my cousin's charges go (keep in mind he was out on parole when he committed these crimes, so he'll be going back to prison to finish that sentence plus whatever time he gets in addition to that), it's fairly likely he'll be in prison when she passes, too.

I wish I knew what caused some people to turn bad.

I wish I knew what prevented some people from ever changing.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Re: My Cousin Willy

Post by Jizaboz »

Man. I can relate to this on so many levels. People I've been friends with, relatives, etc, just fucking things up for EVERYBODY. Not even themselves but moreso the people that love and care for them is what got to me.

I had a conversation today with a friend of mine that was over here today regarding the one and only "overdose" I had.. "Besides finally realizing I was abusing my body with experiments.. my parents were there. Now I'm stressing my mom out. She's got enough shit to deal with regarding other personal health and family drama." Now while I wasn't on the heroin and meth I will admit I had a serious problem of basically doing wtf drug or chem I could try so long as it didn't involve a needed. Lots of LSD. Lots of things worse for my health than LSD just to bend my mind. Melted my brain so many ways HahHahAh.

But I think right there is a big line in the sand. Psychedelics are only as addictive as much as you want to jump down a rabbit hole or scare yourself. Heh. This should all be legal. Weed should be legal everywhere. The shit that put me in the hospital was legal and it was poison (DM cough syrup powder smuggled from a factory). Synth opiates.. man the shit people put in themselves these days by script..

Your relative getting busted with non-weed charges but then those charges added on? Yeah, no problem with that at all. Why the hell can't people take some sort of responsibility in their lives FFS..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Needle rather. Not needed. I fucking hate needles even for a tetanus shotshot haha
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

My cousin has been stuck in this cycle for 20 years now, maybe longer. He gets caught either selling drugs, or stealing from people to get money to buy drugs, and goes to prison. Then he gets out, tells everybody he's a changed man, and within a month or two he's back to his old ways.

In an interview, Charles Manson once said he didn't know how to live in the outside world and preferred the structure prison, where people told him when to wake up and go to sleep and fed him three times a day. My cousin is no Charles Manson, but I wonder if he feels the same way?

You know... drinking, doing drugs, whatever... those are personal choices. But like you said, when you realize your personal choices are affecting people around you that you care about, that might be a moment to take a step back and say, yeah, time to reign this in a bit. If my cousin set in his house all day and did crack, who cares? It's the constant cycle of watching him get out and rob his family members blind each time out of some sense of familial obligation that is torturous to me. Just to put things in perspective:
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, 11/6/2013, 6 Y
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, 2/9/2011, 7 Y
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 2/24/2016, 9 M
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 2/24/2016, 9 M
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, , 9 M
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, , 9 M
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 2/24/2016, 10 Y
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 2/24/2016, 10 Y
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, 2/10/2011, 7 Y
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, 11/6/2013, 6 Y
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, , 6 Y
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, 11/6/2013, 4 Y
FALSE PRETENSES; TRICK OR DECEPTION, , 7 Y
BURGLARY - SECOND DEGREE, 2/9/2011, 2 Y
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A VEHICLE, , 4 Y
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A VEHICLE, 12/9/2005, 7 Y
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 4/9/2003, 2 Y
REC/POSS/CONC STOLEN PROPERTY, 4/9/2003, 2 Y
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A VEHICLE, 4/9/2003, 6 Y
DIST OF CDS/POSS W/INTENT, 4/9/2003, 6 Y
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 4/9/2003, 4 Y
REC/POSS/CONC STOLEN PROPERTY, 4/9/2003, 4 Y
FALSE PRET OR BOGUS CHECK OVER $50/CON G, 7/2/1999, 4 Y
UTTERING FORGED INSTRUMENTS, 7/2/1999, 4 Y
FALSE PRETENSES; TRICK OR DECEPTION, , 3 Y
FALSE PRETENSES; TRICK OR DECEPTION, , 3 Y
FALSE PRET OR BOGUS CHECK OVER $50/CON G, 7/2/1999, 1 Y
UTTERING FORGED INSTRUMENTS, 7/2/1999, 1 Y
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, , 1 Y
REC/POSS/CONC STOLEN PROPERTY, 12/30/1998, 5 Y
FALSE DECLARATION OF OWNERSHIP IN PAWN S, 12/30/1998, 3 Y
Every one of those pawn shop or stolen property related charges has a larger story behind it. The time he robbed his sister, my sister, and his employer is all represented in a single line that says "false declaration of ownership in pawn shop."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Jizaboz wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:58 pmMelted my brain so many ways HahHahAh.
Is this what causes your random and unprovoked attacks against me? Not judging, just searching for answers here.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Billy Mays wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:07 pm
Is this what causes your random and unprovoked attacks against me? Not judging, just searching for answers here.
BM: STFU

Flack: Is it possible Cousin is mentally ill? My Bi-Polar brother in law has a very similar history.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

The likely conclusion here is that Flack's cousin is just an asshole and that, with a similar history, your brother in law is also an asshole.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Billy Mays wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:07 pm
Your answer is because you ask for it. Heh. Why ask that question?

Honestly I’ve felt more mentally stable over the past 10 years than I ever have and still do to this moment. Even compared to before I was a teen and started experimenting.. and I feel even better once I cut all that shit out in my mid 20s.

On that note.. Flacks cousin is probably still dealing with depression, anxiety, or other personal issues and can’t straighten them out. Hard to feel too sorry for people that can’t grow out of it or just say fuck it and go on with life.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

“and I feel even better THAN once I cut all that shit out in my mid 20s.”

Sorry. Because Icj won’t give use a 2 minute edit rule.

- The not-on-chems-no Jizaboz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Jizaboz wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 pm “and I feel even better THAN once I cut all that shit out in my mid 20s.”

Sorry. Because Icj won’t give use a 2 minute edit rule.

- The not-on-chems-no Jizaboz
I will give YOU a two minute edit rule. I just need to figure out how. You deserve it! You worked all weekend and you gotta come back to this no-edit shit?

I don't think so!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

My cousin came from a broken home, but so do lots of other people who don't turn out to be crackheads. My cousin's sister is a librarian who married a guy that works at her church. She's a librarian who volunteers at her neighborhood elementary school and he's a raving crackhead who has robbed his family members so many times that now when it happens, people just shake their heads and say, "Well, that's Willy for ya," like he's some kind of kooky sitcom character. How does that happen? I don't know. One of them would do anything for you, and the other one would tell you anything if he thought he could get five bucks from you.

Every second the guy is out of prison he spends plotting the following things: who will hire me (so I can eventually rob them), who can I stay with (that I will eventually rob), and how many drugs can I consume before I go back in.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:46 pmBM: STFU
You shut up, CO.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I am sorry that the thread got bumped for name-calling, but I am glad Flack and others have not been impacted by this terrible person Willy.

Is post edit window a mod, does anyone know, or something phpBB3 can do in a built in manner?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

It wasn't name-calling, I'm just finally standing up to the bullies.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I also find it a little hypocritical to point the finger at me here considering the fact that I am simply taking your advice on the matter:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:03 pmOkay, if Jiz is going to tell Mays to STFU then as a community, I think we need to be understanding if Billy strikes back.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 am I also find it a little hypocritical to point the finger at me here considering the fact that I am simply taking your advice on the matter:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:03 pmOkay, if Jiz is going to tell Mays to STFU then as a community, I think we need to be understanding if Billy strikes back.
You were not name calling. That was the joke.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

A...joke?...YES, I see now...HA HA!!! And a fine one at that, sir!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:13 pm A...joke?...YES, I see now...HA HA!!! And a fine one at that, sir!
Jesus Christ, you're a fucking dipshit.

You are the first person in the history of the site to be told to shut up repeatedly. It's because you're a total fucking buzzkill. Even Tdarcos, who droned on and on endlessly and barely understood context better than you, was never someone we all just told to shut up. But that's the level at which people feel like communicating with you now. "Shut up."

Your new hilarious bit was to TURN THE TABLES and bump a bunch of threads where you were, by definition, awful, therefore reminding us of all the times you've posted stupid shit that the rest of us have to scroll by to get to the good stuff. Great bit, was really going places. In my last attempt to "Yes and" any of your drivel and build a bridge rather than tear it down, I tried to go along with it. You missed it, I tried to explain it to you, you acted like a petulant baby because you never understand anything.

I made a decision to not yell at people over the internet a couple years ago but I honestly think that you were unaware of the posting style I had before, therefore making you think you can get away with being an unfunny garbage skow of a person without consequence. Well, congratulations, that decision has come to an end and I will now give you, going forward, what you've been desperately begging for: my ongoing honest assessment.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:36 pmI made a decision to not yell at people over the internet a couple years ago
What was your motivation for that decision?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:36 pmI made a decision to not yell at people over the internet a couple years ago
What was your motivation for that decision?
I gave Cousin Willy $100 so he could paint the town red for handies and Skoal.

Taking it home!!!