I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Somebody posted this:

Which is pretty humanizing so yes, it was just me and I should have shut up from the beginning.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Private message sent to the Commander

Ice Cream Jonsey

Are you guys really sending him private messages on these new stiffs?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I am. I like the idea of having to do mild investigation activities for the dead people I had never heard of. Kinda makes me learn about them instead of just reading the name and moving on to bad holocaust jokes. So if I like a thing everybody else must also.
The Commander gets his quiz answer and everyone else researches, it's a win-win for all

THE
PHOTOGENIC
AARDVARK

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

AArdvark wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:02 amThe Commander gets his quiz answer and everyone else researches, it's a win-win for all
I don't consider that a win for me, would you mind also sending me the answer as well?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Yeah but you don't have vision problems and you have stereo legs

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:27 pm Are you guys really sending him private messages on these new stiffs?
Yes, 'Vark sent me a hard message, telling me who the guy in the black-and-white photo was. I had no idea, I thought it was Gig Young. When I found out whom he really is, I thought today, he's more like heavyset. Hint: he appeared as himself in an episode of Night Court.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ya know, for a guy with one leg you are seriously dancing around the sexual innuendoes. Is that because Jonsey asked you to back off with the explicit stuff?

THE
WANTS ANOTHER SHOWER
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

All the sex stuff goes to Caltrops. And apparently all the racism lately as well. But also the sex stuff.

(Tdarcos is the finest Caltrops poster right now and it is not particularly close.)

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

AArdvark wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:13 pm Yeah but you don't have vision problems and you have stereo legs
Well, it wouldn't kill you to PM me sometime either.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Such a shame, now both Kirk and Spock are dead.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

slightly off topic, is celebrity death pool still a thing?
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

PM sent to commander

Ice Cream Jonsey

loafergirl wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:09 pm slightly off topic, is celebrity death pool still a thing?
Not really. Last one we did was on Jeff's board. I put myself down on my own list and the forum asshole at that time lost her shit and I never wanted to bother again. (But we never really tried one here.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

I don't have a picture, but my uncle, Donald Haskins, died just after midnight today, 2/12.

He was a soft-spoken, gentle giant of a man. He lived in Olean, NY, a couple hours south of where I grew up. I would see him a couple times a year when I lived in New York, but always on Thanksgiving. My family would make the drive to Olean on Wednesday night, we would have our Thanksgiving meal together and then -- because we all couldn't get together for Christmas, due to how bad the roads typically were -- my brother and I would get to open Christmas gifts from them on Thanksgiving day. He was generous and loving and thoughtful. I've got a handful of gifts from those times when I was a kid still here in my house, hell, still here in my office.

He is survived by his wife, my aunt. I am not sure if there is going to be a funeral.

I have a couple nephews myself due to sisters of my wife having children. I got the youngest of the two, who is five, a Transformer for Christmas, because every time he comes over he asks to play with the ones that I have tucked away that my Uncle gave me 40 years ago. I hope I can be as good an uncle to those kids as mine was to me.

I'll miss you, pal.

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Aw, man, sounds like a great guy. Thanks for telling us about him.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jonsey, I want to express my condolences to you over your loss. I reported it here when I lost my dear friend Andrea many years ago, someone I knew and loved for 14 years. I told her things about myself and my family "that I wouldn't even tell my toothbrush." And she told me personal details about herself and her family that, quite frankly, most of which I will take to my grave.

I thought about the fact I would never again hear her saying "Paulie-olly-olly," on the phone. It has been said there are three kinds of friends a person could have. The first is someone you know, and might hang out with. The second is someone you'd help them move, maybe even bail them out, and the third is the kind that you;'d donate them a kidney. Andrea was the third kind of friend, the only other person I'd do that for is my brother; I would not do it for my sister. I loved Andrea unconditionally, faults and all, and while I stop thinking of her most pf the time, it's moments like this that make me cry. I was more upset about losing Andrea than I was about losing my leg.

When it happened, I think I remembered a line from David Graham's Down to a Sunless Sea in which a Russian Pilot, whose husband has been killed in the worldwide nuclear war, says a phrase aboutr her late husband, and I'll paraphrase it to apply to my dear, departed friend, Andrea Louisa Anders:

"I would forget her soon, but I would love her forever."

I love you, Andrea, and I miss you very much.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 am Jonsey, I want to express my condolences to you over your loss.
"...and then immediately make it all about myself."
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

How short does the straw you pull have to be to end up with Paul's kidney?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."