I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Re: I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Post by Jizaboz »

haha King Diamond.

Did you never see House of 1000 Corpses? That's Captain Spaulding https://loudwire.com/sid-haig-dies-captain-spaulding/
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Hooray for Captain Spaulding!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I should have posted that Sig one. I watched House of 1,000 Corpses yesterday and listened to the commentary just for old time's sake.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

That's one of my favorite movies of all time. The sequel.. not so much.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Have you seen 3 From Hell yet? The reviews have not been kind.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm Have you seen 3 From Hell yet? The reviews have not been kind.
I have not yet. I haven't seen Lords of Salem or 31 yet either. The plots to both of those don't really interest me. The last movie of his I watched was the remake of Halloween. It also got pretty bad reviews but I thought it was awesome.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:43 pm
Flack wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm Have you seen 3 From Hell yet? The reviews have not been kind.
I have not yet.
Good. Don't.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

What a long strange trip it's been...

Flack

Post by Flack »

I have not yet. I haven't seen Lords of Salem or 31 yet either. The plots to both of those don't really interest me. The last movie of his I watched was the remake of Halloween. It also got pretty bad reviews but I thought it was awesome.
Both of them hover around a 50% approval rating on Rotten Tomato, and I think a lot of those people are just Zombie fans. I enjoy White Zombie and some of Rob Zombie's solo stuff, but I'm not sure who allows him to make movies. Everything is does mirrors 70s horror, back before horror movies needed a plot. All of his movies are the same -- stick a bunch of people in a house, torture them, let one escape at the end, and then throw in a twist ending.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:11 pm I should have posted that Sig one. I watched House of 1,000 Corpses yesterday and listened to the commentary just for old time's sake.
And that's unfair Flack, you saw 1,000 corpses and didn't list the names of each one on this critically important list of everyone who died before me. For shame!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:31 pm
Everything is does mirrors 70s horror, back before horror movies needed a plot. All of his movies are the same -- stick a bunch of people in a house, torture them, let one escape at the end, and then throw in a twist ending.
Yeah. That's actually something I enjoy about 1000 Corpses and Halloween lol Then again another one of my favorite movies is Blood Feast from the 1960s so I guess that shows my bad taste in movies. I recall a reviewer saying "This movie is just cruel." of Halloween. I wonder what exactly he expected instead..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

1000 Corpses and (particularly) Devil's Rejects are two of the most despicable, unpleasant, vile films I've ever seen. And I give them points for that. That means the filmmaker is doing something right, if it can evoke strong emotional reaction like that from the viewer (other than "this sucks".)

I think the low ratings are from those who don't appreciate despicable, unpleasant, vile films, and the rest of us say, hey, that's pretty cool.

I have no particular desire to see either of them again, but once 3FH is up next for movie night, assuming it's more of the same, hell yeah I'm goin' in.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:24 pm 1000 Corpses and (particularly) Devil's Rejects are two of the most despicable, unpleasant, vile films I've ever seen... I have no particular desire to see either of them again
Good. Don't.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Vive le France!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:14 pm
pinback wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:24 pm 1000 Corpses and (particularly) Devil's Rejects are two of the most despicable, unpleasant, vile films I've ever seen... I have no particular desire to see either of them again
Good. Don't.
ROFL fucking ROFL
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:24 pm 1000 Corpses and (particularly) Devil's Rejects are two of the most despicable, unpleasant, vile films I've ever seen. And I give them points for that. That means the filmmaker is doing something right, if it can evoke strong emotional reaction like that from the viewer (other than "this sucks".)

I think the low ratings are from those who don't appreciate despicable, unpleasant, vile films, and the rest of us say, hey, that's pretty cool.

I have no particular desire to see either of them again, but once 3FH is up next for movie night, assuming it's more of the same, hell yeah I'm goin' in.
Yeah I totally agree man for the most part. I’m already wanting to watch 1000 Corpses again for the 20th time or so this Halloween season talking about this. Maybe I’ll rewatch his version of Halloween yet again too.. but I agree that I have zero motivation to watch Devils Rejects ever again. At least half of that movie just wasn’t enjoyable to me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

pinback

Post by pinback »

Get him a body bag!

Casual Observer