I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: I can't believe Tdarcos outlived....

Post by Casual Observer »

I think she cheated on him when he was locked up too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Oh, that BITCH!

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I thought that was a bit harsh. He didn't cheat at everything, you know. He did a lot of that stuff in person.

Though submitting via MAME, that's not a good look, sure.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

So all he needs to do is get the high score on a real machine and everything will be all better, right? That is, except for the douche beard and haircut and the dick attitude I heard about.

THE
HOT SAUCE
HUCKSTER
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

Well, perhaps the most significant record that was nullified was that he was the first person to reach one million points. That record has now officially reverted to Steve Wiebe. Eleven years after The King of Kong, finally, Wiebe gets his revenge.

I don't know if completely removing him from the official scoreboards is harsh or not. If you only remove the ones you can prove he cheated (or at least didn't follow the official submission requirements) on, it's harsh. If you subscribe to "once a cheater, always a cheater," then I guess not. Whether or not he actually cheated, as a judge and board member of Twin Galaxies, he should have known better. Based on the action Twin Galaxies took, I can't help but wonder if they weren't looking for a reason to part ways with Mr. Mitchell.

Unrelated (?) fact: the year I attended Kong Off, Billy Mitchell came in 22nd out of 22 competitors.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Casual Observer

This one wouldn't have meant anything to me if I hadn't moved to Cali. Where I live, Sacramento is the strongest news station so I get to listen to shit like Rush and moderate stuff like Pat Walsch, and after 10 I get to enjoy "Coast to Coast". This is the weirdest radio shit i've ever heard. Aliens, Grey Beings, conspiracies, shadow people, CIA time travel with Obama, and . . . oh. . . let's add a smattering of "normal" science shit to help rope in the marks. My uncle actually had all of the fillings in his teeth replaced after listening to this shit. I say that if you ever change anything in your real life based on something you hear on Coast to Coast, then you need to stop listening to it now.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Starting from the arcade machine photo:
1. Billy Mitchell, video game champion.

Note he is not the same person as General Billy Mitchell, who was court-martialed for writing, in 1924, that Pearl Harbor base was so badly managed that he expected the Japanese to fly small airplanes at low altitude and decimate the base.

2. R. Lee Ermey, most famous as the sadistic gunnery sergeant in the movie "Full Metal Jacket."

3. I first thought this was Steven King, but it's actually Art Bell, who hosted a paranormal radio show.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Billy Mitchell didn't die, Paul. But, two out of three, not bad!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:37 am Billy Mitchell didn't die, Paul. But, two out of three, not bad!
Wait a minute. If Billy Mitchell didn't die, then what the fuck was his picture doing posted here?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, that would require you reading and attempting to understand the conversation that followed, or typing "billy mitchell" into Google to see if there was any news about him lately.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Billy Mitchell is the victim of a witch-hunt, he'll be found innocent of wrongdoing and his records reinstated.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey

Harry Anderson, R. Lee Ermy, Art Bell and Billy Mitchell's reputation. I probably spelled some names wrong there.

Truly, this is the dankest timeline.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Wait a minute, I'm lost somewhere. I thought this thread was dealing with people (or organizations) who recently died.

Now come on! You guys complain about me "shitting up" a thread by saying totally irrelevant comments, but when you do it it's perfectly okay? Christ, look who's the hypocrite here!

Okay, let me add one:

Contrary to popular belief, she did not die from choking on a ham sandwich.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Paul, this thread is only for posting pictures of recent celebrity deaths, please do not add long-dead celebrities or public figures.

Casual Observer

Was going to post this yesterday with the message "too soon?"

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:53 am Paul, this thread is only for posting pictures of recent celebrity deaths, please do not add long-dead celebrities or public figures.
That was the point I was making. Then you need to also reprimand Flack for posting Billy Mitchell's picture when he is not yet dead. Fair is fair: sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.
----
Casual Observer wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:29 pm
Was going to post this [photo] yesterday with the message "too soon?"
I would have posted Barbara Bush's picture here if CO hadn't.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack did not post a picture of Billy Mitchell, he posted a picture reflecting Billy Mitchell's scores getting removed from the record books.