Great Moments in Computer Programming

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Great Moments in Computer Programming

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There is an option in Windows 7 if you go to the start button and type "video card". It has an option for "View the name of the video card."

I want you to guess the one thing you don't see if you pick it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

There WAS an option in Windows 7 to upgrade to the vastly superior Windows 10, which fixes this problem. (*)

(*) "View the name of the video card" is no longer an option on the start menu.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 am There is an option in Windows 7 if you go to the start button and type "video card". It has an option for "View the name of the video card."

tech tip: you can view the name of your video card by clicking on "Advanced settings" after selecting "View the name of the video card".

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 am There is an option in Windows 7 if you go to the start button and type "video card". It has an option for "View the name of the video card."

The name of your asshole.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Can we please leave Brown Betty Bam-ba-lam out of this?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

It had ONE job...

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The one thing you do not see is the name of the video card; what you do see is the name of the monitor. As noted earlier, you have to click on Advanced Settings to see the name of the video card.
Flack wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:51 pm Can we please leave Brown Betty Bam-ba-lam out of this?
The song is "Black Betty." "Oh Black Betty, bam-ba-lam, Black Betty had a child, bam-ba-lam, the damn thing ran wild, bam-ba-lam..."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I don't have time to both be the funniest person on this forum and explain every joke to you. You'll have to pick one or the other.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Every day is Tdarcos day in Commander's world.

THE
RAMM JAMM
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Ben's joke was also great. First I thought he was going to make fun of me for not upgrading to Windows 10 yet, but he YES ANDed us and made a good joke.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am I don't have time to both be the funniest person on this forum and explain every joke to you. You'll have to pick one or the other.
Well, if you make an unfunny joke that doesn't work you have to accept getting called on it. If you had actually wanted to be funny, when I said what it doesn't show is your asshole, a much funnier response would have been "Let's not drive the Hershey Highway right now."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

if you make an unfunny joke that doesn't work you have to accept getting called on it.
Calling you on it, rat now!

THE
UNFUNNY HIGHWAY
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

That is literally the least funny response I could imagine.

Paul, when is it time to admit you don't understand humor? I mean, you're a valued member of the community, and we're happy to have you, and enjoy your participation. There's no judgment here. I just... can't you admit you don't understand humor? Nothing you have ever said is funny, and the things you call unfunny are often the funniest posts on the board.

It's like your opinions on humor are 100% in opposition to everyone else's.

Can't you admit that for us?

Please?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 pm
Flack wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am I don't have time to both be the funniest person on this forum and explain every joke to you. You'll have to pick one or the other.
Well, if you make an unfunny joke that doesn't work you have to accept getting called on it. If you had actually wanted to be funny, when I said what it doesn't show is your asshole, a much funnier response would have been "Let's not drive the Hershey Highway right now."
Hershey Highway: the opposite of subtle humor.

The fact that I inserted a colon in a joke about butthole humor: an example of subtle humor.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 pm I just... can't you admit you don't understand humor? Nothing you have ever said is funny, and the things you call unfunny are often the funniest posts on the board... Can't you admit that for us?
I will do no such thing. I've had people think things I've said are funny. Just because YOU don't think some things I say are funny does not make it so.

I told my sister a joke I modified from one that a nice lady named Deanna told me when we were out on a date.

This woman was out driving a highway at night during a rain storm. In her headlights she saw a rabbit on the roadway. She slammed on her brakes, but was unable to stop in time, striking the rabbit. She gets out of the car and looks at the mess: a bloody rabbit carcass embedded in the front grill. She went back to the trunk to get some cleaner. Her trunk was not lighted but in the pale moonlight she found a can of cleaner. she sprayed it over everything: the body, the grille, the bumper, then scraped the mess off and tossed it on the side of the road.

At that moment the rabbit sat up and started waiving at her. She couldn't believe it, and thinking something weird was happening, kicked the rabbit, knocking it over. It then sat up and started waiving at her again. Shocked, she was about to throw the can of cleaner at the rabbit, until she saw the can's label in the headlights. It wasn't cleaner, it was "Permanent Wave for Damaged Hair."

My sister stood there for about three seconds, then burst into gales of hysterical laughter, which lasted several minutes.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Did the laughter sound like this?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

That tells me a lot about his sister.

THE
GENE POOL
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

Even the funniest guy on the short bus still rides the short bus.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Paul: you should do a youtube video of your best jokes, that would prove a lot of people wrong about you!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 pmWell, if you make an unfunny joke that doesn't work you have to accept getting called on it.
I support calling people out on things, like making up facts about famous directors.