Where teh hell is the drunk base?

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Oh yeah, we have to drive down to Bar Harbor and bring back cheap lobster. We have a cooler in the trunk that will be filled with ice and crustaceans.

I will have pictures.

THE
LOBSTER LOG
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:16 pm

OK, went to the wedding and reception.

Did get my picture taken in front of Stephen King's place. WHOO-HOO

Went to Bar Harbor and bought 10 lobsters. Went to the top of Cadillac Mountain. Nothing to do with cars, though.

I will have pics and comments when I get back to NY. I'll put it in a separate thread, now that this BBS is restricted from the general public and I can say what I want without retribution.

THE
RUDE AND CRUDE
AARDVARK

joltcountry

Post by joltcountry » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Oh. I opened it back up two days ago.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Well, in lieu of not having a base to strictly discuss alcohol and all things alcohol related (which would make a fine addition to this board, btw*) I will post my recent adventure in the art of wine tasting.

The finger lakes region boasts the best soil conditions for growing grapes second only to the Napa valley region in California. Something to do with the way the water and wind blows...I dunno, but it's a good thing for a grape farmer. (or whatever they call them)
So we set off Saturday, late morning. The typical wine tasting goes like this...

Walk up to the counter and look around at all the stuff for sale. Greet the bartender (again just one of my convenient names for the person pouring the samples, don't know if there's a real title) look over the list of wines available for sampling. Check off the ones that sound good. Drink small doses of each wine checked off. buy a bottle or two (if applicable) leave. Repeat all steps until trunk is full of wine and taster is three sheets, ect.

(due to prior commitments, this post will be delayed by no more than 25 hours, thank you for your patience)

*somehow I fear I would be making the majority of the posts though.

CO

Post by CO » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:49 pm

AArdvark wrote:Something to do with the way the water and wind blows...I dunno, but it's a good thing for a grape farmer. (or whatever they call them)
So we set off Saturday, late morning. The typical wine tasting goes like this...
The lakes moderate the temperature to keep the vines from freezing too early is I think the biggest factor. A family friend has a winery all the way south in Virginia and he had to put in a small lake and a "wind machine" to keep frost off his vines before the harvest.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:59 pm

I knew it was something like that. The one winery bartender was explaining it to another group down the bar and I was only half listening.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:31 pm

So most wineries like to tell you about the wines they sell. They tell you about the grapes and the residual sugar content, the blending, the oak barrels, all that stuff.

Well, the sixth winery we visited did none of that. It was a lowbrow, lets-all-have-fun kind of winery. there were three wineries in the one place plus a microbrewery. link

Oh, they don't call it a place, it's an estate.

This place (hah!) had no less than fifteen buses and limos lined up in the parking lot. You must understand that this time of year is big business for wine tours. That means that the place was packed with people. None of whom appeared to be over thirty. We were in the pirate winery and two very drunk girls went to the bartender and asked for a shot of Grey Goose 'for the road'.
This is a winery. they do not have vodka. They never will. I believe it's against the law for them to sell spirits (without the proper license) The bartender attempted to explain this fact to them. He did however pour them each a thimbleful of a clear white wine. They both tossed this off and left a ten dollar bill on the counter, even though the tasting fees are covered when you come in... It was that kind of winery.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:37 pm

I went to get some preserves with Pinner and Kathy a few weeks ago, and this goddamn guy wouldn't shut the fuck up with the questions about where the CIDER had come from. Just our fuckin luck, we were behind, in line, the most INTERESTED MAN IN THE WORLD.

How I hate him!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:18 pm

RIGHT FUCKIN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I apologize profusely if this has been done before in the drunk fuckin' base. but seriously. its)

RIGHT FUCKIN HERE!!!!!!!!!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok...Saturday after Giftmas.. I'm allowed to cut loose a little at a local steakhouse with good friends. That includes a couple three tall ones of Sierra Nevada, right!

THE
EUPHORIC
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm

OK, I plan on having wine and beer and things on New Years. I want to post here drunk so I need to remember where this thread is located...I am writing it down on a windows sticky note and leaving it on my desktop. One click and I can blather all I want!

THE
READY
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:01 pm

*somehow I fear I would be making the majority of the posts though.
Did I call that or what?

In order to further the exercise of my liver and other related organs, I routinely buy a facecord of various types of seasoned hardwoods. This is in order to burn them slowly in an intimate fashion in my backyard in a nice brick firepit whilst I sit, drinking nice tasty things. Well tonight I loaded in the alleged facecord in order to precipitate the springtime lubricious-ations. (you get it) (libations!)

Anyone capable of appearing on a paper towel package will tell you that stacking wood is an arduous task and should regularly be supplemented with corn whiskey. This I have done in a timely fashion. Also a good excuse to keep this thread current, as I feel loate to update the bad- joke thread. (mostly 'cause the jokes I have heard recently suck dingo balls.) They might as well be on a Hallmark card for all intents and purposes

So here's the update.

THE
BRAWNY, NOT ROSIE
AARDVARK
Last edited by AArdvark on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:36 pm

I've got four bottles of scotch now. One's domestic. They took us for a tour of Stranahan's brewery in Denver at work as a field trip because we did good last cycle.

That's probably too much scotch.

I was having some every night after work for a couple weeks, but I didn't like the person I was becoming. I said "bah" a lot. =(

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I've got four bottles of scotch now. One's domestic.
You're so cute when you try to talk about alcohol.

Scotch comes from Scotland. That is the only place it is made. You do not have any domestic Scotch.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes, I noticed that last night. I know that sounds like a poor attempt at covering up after reading what you wrote, but I swear it is true. I went to put the bottle back, and it says "WHISKEY" on it.

"That's not scotch," I thought. "What have I done?"

I have humiliated myself. That is what I have done.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:26 pm

This is similar to saying that champagne only comes from the champagne valley in France, everything else in the world is sparkling wine, no matter what the labels proclaim or how similar the taste is.

Or a crescent wrench is only from the Crescent Tool Co. Anything else is simply an open-end adjustable wrench.

So RobB's domestic scotch is really a similar tasting style of (I'm guessing here) single malt whiskey. I bet it still goes good with a nice porterhouse and twice baked taters.

Why does whiskey make you sound like Ebeneezer Scrooge of a sudden? Makes me sound like a profound Adam Sandler...

THE
WISE MAN TOLLBOOTH WILLIE
AARDVARK

You get to go on field trips for work? I never get to do stuff like that!
Last edited by AArdvark on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:28 pm

It went well by itself last night in complete solace with a side of Gatorade. I had a slight headache this morning.

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 pm

AArdvark wrote:So RobB's domestic scotch is really a similar tasting style of (I'm guessing here) single malt whiskey.
I appreciate you trying to stick up for your buddy Robb, but you are guessing wrong. Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey has no similarity (other than being whiskey-ey) to Scotch.

In fact, I have found none of the peaty, smoky character associated with scotch in anything that wasn't actually scotch.

So your champagne analogy is also a failure.

You two have really botched this thread up.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:36 pm

In my defense, I assumed nobody else was reading or writing but Vark two pages ago.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Look, shee. Having never tasted RobB's domestic booze, I can only GUESS at the approximate characteristics. Ergo, it is a whiskey. Other than that I cannot venture. Any whiskey is good whiskey, right?

Champagne reference is correct, so get over it. Notice you didn't mention the WRENCH connection either.

For those that are following regularly:
Tonight started with an old fashioned at the Longhorn steakhouse, Followed by two pints of Sierra Nevada ale, then onto the Glen Thunder corn liquor mentioned earlier in this thread. A good Saturday all around. Plus the fact that my son's friends are all over (around the firepit also mentioned earlier) from various colleges. A good time is in progress.

THE
EASTER WEEKEND
AARDVARK