this video shows exactly how to talk to the police

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

this video shows exactly how to talk to the police

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Professor James Douanre has a video on YouTube in which he tells people not to talk to the police - it will keep you out of trouble - but the first 20 seconds of this video does it perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEPKKk7HdA

Jonsey, what the hell is going on?. Inlining of YouTube videos no longer works. This used to work, an in fact, I copied a posting you made where it does, and when I copied it, does not.
"I know what you're doing, I see it all too clear."
- Duncan Sheik, Barely Breathing

RealNC

Re: this video shows exactly how to talk to the police

Post by RealNC » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 pm
Professor James Douanre has a video on YouTube in which he tells people not to talk to the police - it will keep you out of trouble
I thought the police are there to help you. (Unless you're black of course, but you're not, so it's fine.)
Jonsey, what the hell is going on?. Inlining of YouTube videos no longer works.
Some videos have embedding disabled. It's a setting youtube provides to content uploaders. It's a copyright and region locking thing.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Arghfhf that montage music! *cue some shit* *Some woman bellars*

Ahem that aside yes I agree. What I don’t agree with are people that give cops a hard time about shit like simply showing ID when you are driving a vehicle. Just go through the motions and try not to be a dick.

As far as the racial thing around here goes though.. ironically enough when I was younger and raising stupid hell, I was NEVER pulled after being spotted by white cops when riding around with my old buddy Antoine despite me being paranoid as hell.

I got pulled many, many times though under sheer suspicion all by my damn self as someone who probably looked Hispanic to them, especially when I spotted long hair and a mustache lol

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:42 pm

-around here

+around this

(Because I can’t edit!)

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 pm

-spotted

+sported

Give us a 10 min edit window mang!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 pm

RealNC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm
Tdarcos wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 pm
Professor James Douanre has a video on YouTube in which he tells people not to talk to the police - it will keep you out of trouble
I thought the police are there to help you. (Unless you're black of course, but you're not, so it's fine.)ll
You.can't be serious; I hope you're kidding. The police are not here to help you. The police are here to arrest people and stop crime. If they do help you, it's just the luck of the draw. And despite the opinion to the contrary, the arrest numbers are very close: "According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks accounted for 39.4% of the nationwide prison and jail population in 2009, while non-Hispanic whites were 34.2%, and Hispanics (of any race) 20.6%." This means a hell.of a lot of white people have to be arrested.

Here's the numbers at the Federal level:

Code: Select all

RACE
Asian			    2,652	 1.5%
Black			  66,388	 37.6%
Native American	     4,111	 2.3%
White			 103,585  58.6%
While more blacks as a percentage of their race may be incarcerated, there still are a hell of a lot more white people (white males, actually) in prison than black people.
RealNC wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm
Jonsey, what the hell is going on?. Inlining of YouTube videos no longer works.
Some videos have embedding disabled. It's a setting youtube provides to content uploaders. It's a copyright and region locking thing.
You did not read what I wrote. I found a posting where the video is visible, shows up here, and plays, used the specified video id. Copying the exact same YouTube link would not work. But it didvworkvin the original posting. Besides, if a video isn't allowed to be embedded, you get a bock-and-white image of a blank TV and a message directing you to click on a link to go to YouTube as embedding of the video is not allowed.

See for yourself.
  1. Look at this message: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10017&p=102873#p102873
  2. Notice it has an embedded YouTube video which will play
  3. Click the quote [ " ] button in the upper right corner
  4. Edit out everything but the YouTube link, which appears exactly the same as the original message.
  5. Click the Preview button
  6. Notice you do not get an embedded YouTube video.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Here’s a good one for you Tdarcos:

So I’m 19 driving a Honda Prelude not speeding, nothing. Get lit up by 2 cops. I instantly pull over.

They ask for ID and registration. I hand it over. Then they get all weird..

“Where do you work, Jizaboz?”

At this point many things clicked. Including the fact that I didn’t deal drugs (and still don’t obviously), but I’m now under suspicion as some sort of King Pin. I know these guys pulled me in some “high drug area” driving a “nice car” with long hair. Maybe even someone who hated me in HS gave them my name when THEY got busted. So we will roll with that..

“Burger King” I respond truthfully at the time. Instantly, dude is like “Mr. Jizaboz, may we search your vehicle?”

I fire right back “Yeah sure. No problem officer.”

They proceed to treat my car like a room in a text adventure, picking up and opening everything that is not nailed down..

Then one of these guys walks up to me and straight up asks: “Can I search you?”

I never, ever use this word but because I’d seen too many episodes of “In the Heat of the Night”, I replied.. “Nah, knock yourself out bubba.”

Dude looks quite annoyed now and pats me down, jangles my balls as he pulls my pockets out while I have my hands up on the side of the hwy. Pulls my cigarette pack out. Nothing. “Take your shoes off!” Nothing.

Then the guy is like “You are good to go. Here’s your stuff back..” and these dudes just speed off before I could get even think of gathering badge numbers for a complaint.

Instead, I stood there in my socks with my pockets out, watching cars go by. I had won the day haha. Was never pulled again like that.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 pm
You.can't be serious; I hope you're kidding. The police are not here to help you. The police are here to arrest people and stop crime.
Well, that's another way of saying they're here to help you if you're in a tough situation. Like when being the victim of a crime, or you need help when there's some sort of emergency. I lost my wallet many years ago while out of town and I simply talked to a policeman on the street. He drove me to the police station so I could call my parents and have them drive there to pick me up. That was an emergency, even though no crime was committed as far as I know (I don't think my wallet was stolen.) The natural thing to do is ask the police for help, and the natural thing for them to do in such a case is helping you. I also don't think that the police in America would behave any differently in this case. What are they gonna tell you? Go to the park and sleep on a bench?

What I didn't mean with "there to help you" is them carrying your groceries for you.
And despite the opinion to the contrary, the arrest numbers are very close: "According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks accounted for 39.4% of the nationwide prison and jail population in 2009, while non-Hispanic whites were 34.2%, and Hispanics (of any race) 20.6%." This means a hell.of a lot of white people have to be arrested.
If the U.S. population consists of 39.4% blacks, 34.2% non-Hispanic whites and 20.6% "other", meaning if the majority of the population was black, then these jail numbers would sound fine. But from what I know, only about 13% of the population is black, while about 75% is white, so it would seem you're multiple times more likely to end up in jail if you're black or Hispanic.
While more blacks as a percentage of their race may be incarcerated, there still are a hell of a lot more white people (white males, actually) in prison than black people.
Ah, so you do know about that, but still felt you had some sort of argument going.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:03 am

You.can't be serious; I hope you're kidding. The police are not here to help you.
Joo have a bad experience with the boys in blue at one time?

THE
HIDE THE
NIGHTSTICK
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 am

Jizaboz wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 pm
-spotted

+sported

Give us a 10 min edit window mang!
For what it's worth, I have the setting for the edit window on. It just doesn't work.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 am

I got comments about jail and prison and race. Who wants to hear them??

There's 300 million Americans. There's 3 million Americans in jail or prison, let's go prison. That means 1 out of 100 Americans are in jail. Now taken as a whole I have no problem with that. There were about 200 people who started in my graduating high school class, counting the ones that didn't make it to graduation. It would follow that 2 of them should be in prison. And my reaction to that is, just two? Jesus Christ, no wonder crime is out of fucking control. There were at least 5 kids that were psychopaths or sociopaths in that 200 that are out there being absolute pieces of shit. Maybe some of them are in prison. And I am not saying that they should all be locked up for the rest of their life but they didn't magically become decent people because time passed.

Minorities get locked up at a greater percentage than white people because the "War on Drugs" was a proxy war against minorities. That's what Nixon wanted, that's what happens when people vote party instead of the candidate. Dana Gould has a line that Trump is Nixon... but just a li'l bit more. Nixon had these enemies floating around in his head and he was a piece of shit, he had life on a silver platter once he got elected but because he was a paranoid piece of human garbage that wasn't enough. The effects of that are seen to the present day, I don't think it's possible to get locked up for white collar crime these days unless you make an absolute pig of yourself like that PharmaBro Martin whoever did, and the statistics for minorities in prison have been posted up above.

Amazingly, people won't get locked up for the current "opioid crisis."

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:12 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 am
And my reaction to that is, just two? Jesus Christ, no wonder crime is out of fucking control. There were at least 5 kids that were psychopaths or sociopaths in that 200 that are out there being absolute pieces of shit.
Well, maybe half your school is in prison now, but then no one from 20 other schools is. You know, statistics.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Yeah, but that was Hilton, wasn't it

THE
NEIGHBORHOOD
DRUGSTORE
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 pm

RealNC wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:12 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 am
And my reaction to that is, just two? Jesus Christ, no wonder crime is out of fucking control. There were at least 5 kids that were psychopaths or sociopaths in that 200 that are out there being absolute pieces of shit.
Well, maybe half your school is in prison now, but then no one from 20 other schools is. You know, statistics.
You went to school - out of 100 students in your initial, would-be graduating class, how many do you think should have been locked up for some portion of their life?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:22 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm
Yeah, but that was Hilton, wasn't it

THE
NEIGHBORHOOD
DRUGSTORE
AARDVARK
Are you guys honestly telling me you can't think of one out of 100 people that you went to school with that belong in jail? Really? REAAAAAAAAAAALLY? I mean, there's probably been 300 people who have registered for this BBS. One sec, I'll tell you who ought to be locked up. Let me look at the userlist.

Okay, Jack Straw, The REAL King (who you guys don't know, he was a dial-up dude) and that's all I can come up with. So maybe I'm full of shit, I dunno.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 pm
You went to school - out of 100 students in your initial, would-be graduating class, how many do you think should have been locked up for some portion of their life?
Hm. 3 or 4. Including me.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:27 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 pm
Should have been? If we count the estimated number of people of that class who are likely to have committed at least 1 crime punishable as a felony - that's jail time exceeding one year - probably 95.

Actually went to jail? If we use the statistics, probably 1 or 2.

I'll explain why in a separate article.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:57 am

I estimate that a third of my graduating class are dead and another third are in jail. The ones that are in jail seriously belong there.

THE
LUCKY 33
PERCENT
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:27 am
I'll explain why in a separate article.
Is... Is that necessary, do you think?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Flack

Post by Flack » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:59 am

In the best case scenario, you'll have Bob Ross riding shotgun when you get pulled over. But not carrying one.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne