The general warning something is rotten in the State of Denmark, err, I mean Jolt Country

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

The general warning something is rotten in the State of Denmark, err, I mean Jolt Country

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Earlier today before the nursing home moved me (again)[*], I was replying to a message using my (now brought to me) computer (instead of the Android tablet I've been using), and I received a warning that there was a problem with Jolt Country.

Normal behavior is, when clicking on either Preview or Submit, PHPBB3 either shows you the current message as edited and allows you to continue editing, or shows you the now saved message, respectively. When there is a problem, clicking on either button does a transfer to the main page, which currently is Frobozz's obituary.

This is consistent, apparently if something is going worng with Colt Jountry [**], attemps to review or save one's current message cause the error to force-rdirect to the main page. Thus happened on the last time I noticed there was an error where the database stopped working.

But in any case, I was at that time unable to save my message, onJC, but I did save it on my computer, so when I get my computer back on - likely tomorrow afternoon - I'll post the message I was working on (nothing earth-shattering, just a comment about Unix-Hugo).

- - - -
[*] This incident will be the subject of a separate posting.
[**] The three mispellings here were intentional.
"With great power, comes great… electricity bill."

AArdvark

Re: The general warning something is rotten in the State of Denmark, err, I mean Jolt Country

Post by AArdvark » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:23 pm

It kicks me out I the main page wherever I try to paste text. I thought it was spam prevention, which I suppose it is, in a way. So it's a software bug....

THE
CALL pHppt
ORKIN
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The general warning something is rotten in the State of Denmark, err, I mean Jolt Country

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 pm

I dunno. I just copied and pasted that ... can you guys email me what you tried to paste the next time it happens to you?

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 pm

I tried it again and it worked fine. I definitely ran into the same issue the Commander did earlier, but it seems to be working fine now.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:57 am

I did a bulk paste test and it worked fine. It was about 3-4 pages copied from Wikipedia, pasted to another app in order to collect it all as one large blob of test, then copied as a large piece of text and pasted here.

It worked just fine. See the Bulk Paste Test item in The Troll Room.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:13 pm

It's gond bad again, it just deleted a message I typed.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.