Character test

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

RealNC

Re: Character test

Post by RealNC » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Is he really going to go through all 140 thousand characters that are in the unicode standard?

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:27 pm

...Let him have this.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 am

RealNC wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 pm
Is he really going to go through all 140 thousand characters that are in the unicode standard?
I thought Unicode® was a 2-character system, which would permit a maximum ❻❺,❺❸❻ character combinations. Also, Unicode® has empty values so not all are in use. I'm just posting the "interesting" ones, or ones I suspect I'll need to post in a message here, like when I used the registered trademark symbol ® in my article about the alternative to Roundup® that doesn't include à free case of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Buzz Lightyear™ slogan: "To ∞ & Beyond." Not to be confused with Bed, Bath and Beyond®,
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:48 am

RealNC wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 pm
I thought Unicode® was a 2-character system, which would permit a maximum ❻❺,❺❸❻ character combinations. Also, Unicode® has empty values so not all are in use. I'm just posting the "interesting" ones, or ones I suspect I'll need to post in a message here, like when I used the registered trademark symbol ® in my article about the alternative to Roundup® that doesn't include à free case of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Buzz Lightyear™ slogan: "To ∞ & Beyond." Not to be confused with Bed, Bath and Beyond®,
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:48 am
I'm just posting the "interesting" ones, or ones I suspect I'll need to post in a message here
You're doing a fine job, Commander, and I can't wait for your Japanese article about blood types.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 am

Jizaboz wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:13 pm
In Japan apparently blood type is a big deal.
When my leg was amputated they had to have a unit of blood available. I was then able to find out something I've wanted to know for years. My blood type is 🅰️+. What's weird is in the source message the "A" is white on blue, in preview, it becomes white on red, and smaller.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Hey you got an A+ on your blood test! Awesome!

THE
MUST HAVE STUDIED
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:51 pm
Hey you got an A+ on your blood test! Awesome!
Yeah, only problem is I always keep failing the tuberculosis test, that must be it, since I consistently get a zero every time I take it.