Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

JC Roller Coaster Meet Up?

Post by Flack » Fri May 03, 2019 3:28 pm

"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

AArdvark

Re: JC Roller Coaster Meet Up?

Post by AArdvark » Fri May 03, 2019 6:16 pm

I sincerely hope that the dummies went through a hotel room window and scared the crap out of the occupants. I know it didn't happen like that but MAN would that be funny.

My buddy worked at Seabreeze for a couple of summers and he told us how they would test out the Jackrabbit by strapping in many fifty pound bags of calcium chloride, that stuff they sprinkle on dirt parking lots to keep the dust down. It seems a few bags got loose and went into free fall at the top of the second hill and were catapulted a startling distance before hitting the ground with a white cloud of boom.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Sat May 04, 2019 2:08 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:16 pm
I sincerely hope that the dummies went through a hotel room window and scared the crap out of the occupants. I know it didn't happen like that but MAN would that be funny.

My buddy worked at Seabreeze for a couple of summers and he told us how they would test out the Jackrabbit by strapping in many fifty pound bags of calcium chloride, that stuff they sprinkle on dirt parking lots to keep the dust down. It seems a few bags got loose and went into free fall at the top of the second hill and were catapulted a startling distance before hitting the ground with a white cloud of boom.
Wooden roller coasters are one of the scariest things I've ever been on, the Jackrabbit no exception. Worse even than a wife.

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat May 04, 2019 2:47 pm

What scares you about them? This way I can tell if you were either on a horrible ride, or were just doing it wrong.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat May 04, 2019 2:50 pm

I've ridden my wife way more than the Jackrabbit and it's not scary at all....

Oh wait, was that out loud?

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat May 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!