The Great Brewery Tours of Denver

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Great Brewery Tours of Denver

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun May 07, 2017 9:58 am

ChainGangGuy asked about local breweries in Denver, and this is a thread where I can talk about the ones I've been to. And VOUCH for them.

All of these are walkable from my house.

Black Shirt Brewery 3719 Walnut St, Denver, CO 80205

They make delicious red beers. A food truck is usually nearby. The location is fantastic and if you catch a breeze it's one of my favorite places. Recommended!

Stem Ciders 2811 Walnut St #150, Denver, CO 80205

Delicious ciders, a food truck is normally nearby and if you catch some shade on their patio, it's one of my favorite places. Recommended!

Ratio Beerworks 2920 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80205
I can't remember what they make. Here is their website: http://ratiobeerworks.com/#/beers I also like this place and recommend it highly.

Our Mutual Friend 2810 Larimer Street Denver, CO 80205
http://www.omfbeer.com/ Another great place. I feel bad because I drink beer but I do not know many facts about it. So far, a person could visit every one of these without feeling that they walked particularly far. I have visited every one of these in the course of a week many times, I think I've done it in a single night too.

First Draft

I don't think they brew anything themselves, but they have up to 80 different kind of beers in a "pour your own" setup using automated taps and iPads.

OK, there are some others that you'd probably want to bike to. Or maybe not! There are some more that are less than a mile away from these, I think. I'll add to this.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Mon May 15, 2017 2:23 pm

The History Channel had a segment about small craft brewers including a Colorado restaurant that shared part of a nearby brewery in which they operated like 9 vats for their brew and 1 that was rented to the restaurant which used its own recipe. To be sure it was properly taxed, they had to brew and bottle it, then they had to sell it to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Department of the State of Colorado, who would put the tax stamp on the bottle, then sell it back to them.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light