I am not having any pain

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

I am not having any pain

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Normally I will have pain in my left, and especially my right knee. It will end up being a pain that builds up until at one point the pressure becomes too great and it "pops" with a pain ranging from really bad to scream out in agony levels.

At which point once it pops the pain is gone for a while. Sometimes I get "ping-pong" pops where the left knee will pop and then the right knee does, in a "double bang" of pain.

I try to find ways to sit so my knees do not get in pain. Sometimes I have to sit for a while to make the pain build up so it will pop in order to allow me to roll out of the manual wheelchair as I would fear my knee would pop right in the middle of a transfer.

This gets so bad I don't want to get out of bed, also because I hate the procedure for transferring into a manual wheelchair. This will make me delay getting out of bed instead of 11;30 or 12:00 until 3-4 or later.

While I was in bed I noticed my leg was bent at about a 95 degree angle, maybe more and it did not hurt so I thought maybe if I could do that I could reduce the pain while sitting.

So today I had things to do so I got up at 10:30, emptied my piss pot, rinsed it out, washed my hands, got something to eat, came back to my room, worked on the new images for the Wikipedia articles on the telephone area codes in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and realized that after sitting for over 4 hours that I had no pain, and hadn't had any.

You have no idea what it's like when all you can think about is how to avoid doing anything that would cause pain or would cause agony. And that fear is lifted.

It changes my whole personality. I'm no longer in fear of pain. I can get things done. I'm not even mad about being forced back into a manual wheelchair.

I actually feel happy again.

I had originally started this message much earlier feeling so good and explaining why, then part way through I went out to the kitchen to get a soda. Big mistake. I should have known it would happen, I should have saved it to a file, or saved the message here, or did something other than step away from my computer, but I did, and the universe decided to savage me and lost the message. I come back and the browser was closed. The original message I wrote about this was lost forever.

It's times like this I suspect there is something running the universe and we're all performing for its sick pleasure of torturing us.

But I feel too good about it to complain. I am reminded of the last words of the movie Seven: "Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."

On the other hand, I can now agree with both parts.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 pm

I think there are extensions for Chrome and Firefox that can save drafts for bulletin boards, to prevent you from losing your posts, Commander. Glad to hear you are no longer in pain!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:13 pm

I am also happy to hear this. Feeling good feels good, after all.

By the way, Double Bang of Pain is what your mom called Friday nights when I used to come over.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:58 am

pinback wrote:I am also happy to hear this. Feeling good feels good, after all.

By the way, Double Bang of Pain is what your mom called Friday nights when I used to come over.
What the fuck are you talking about? The only time you came over to my place was when I bought your 386DX computer for $800 because you were willing to let me pay for it in four monthly installments.

So then, I carefully took this computer, that I had just given you the first $200 money order, and gingerly carried it upstairs where, of course, I tripped and dropped it!

Fortunately it landed on the side where it was nothing but skin, the hard drive was on the other side, but I could not get it to boot. Opened it up and discovered one loose ram stick. Resocketed it and MSDos came up just fine.

24 years later and I still remember it. Everyone on The Bull and Finch Pub BBS ribbed me for weeks over that.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:56 am

Glad to hear you've found a way to escape the pain.

As a Pennsylvanian who has lived in 814, 412, and 717, I salute you!

Willem Dafoe

Post by Willem Dafoe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Tdarcos wrote:24 years later and I still remember it. Everyone on The Bull and Finch Pub BBS ribbed me for weeks over that.
It's a good thing those days are over!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!