A request for Billy Mays

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

pinback

A request for Billy Mays

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:45 am

Come on, dude. Admit you're doing a bit. It's not a good bit, but at least then we can all share a wink and a nod and get back to it.

It's time.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Billy Mays

Re: A request for Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 am

pinback wrote:Come on, dude. Admit you're doing a bit. It's not a good bit, but at least then we can all share a wink and a nod and get back to it.

It's time.
Assuming I admit that I have been doing a bit for months now that I thought would be funny, but actually turned out to be completely terrible on every level, and that I have been trying my damn hardest to revive said bit in an effort to salvage literally months of lost time, do I have any guarantees from Robb (I want him to say it personally in this post) that I will not face any disciplinary actions or banning and it won't be held against me in the future? Hypothetically speaking of course?

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 am

You will be widely lauded and complimented for your dedication to the bit, and welcomed warmly to our crazy little community.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 am

pinback wrote:You will be widely lauded and complimented for your dedication to the bit, and welcomed warmly to our crazy little community.
You're going to need to forgive, but I still need to hear it from Robb personally so that I can make the best possible decision moving forward.

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 am

That's tough, but fair.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 pm

pinback wrote:You will be widely lauded and complimented for your dedication to the bit, and welcomed warmly to our crazy little community.
BILLY MAYS: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Pinback is bullshitting you! I read one of Pinback's favorable comments about you and Jonsey chewed me out for believing him.

Do not believe anything positive he says about you. He is lying, this is straight from Jonsey.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:11 pm

You have no idea what the difference between "lying" and "joking" and "sarcasm" is, and it's sad. Years of this and you can't tell.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:55 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:You have no idea what the difference between "lying" and "joking" and "sarcasm" is, and it's sad. Years of this and you can't tell.
No, I can't. Someone says something which has no indication it should be taken as other than in good faith, at face value, then later cries out "oh that was a joke" or "oh that was kidding."

For example, after more than three years of Pinback discussing something and re-iterating his point, he then comes back and says something entirely opposite to what he has said in the past. I presume he's joking and call him on it, and then he tells me - despite what he had said being in direct contradiction to what he has said before - that he was surprised I did not take him seriously.

Basically you've both created a chimera, a world without substance or meaning, where what is false is true, what is true is false, or it's both and neither at the same time. And I have no idea what is true and what isn't. Nothing makes any sense.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

Tdarcos wrote:Basically you've both created a chimera, a world without substance or meaning, where what is false is true, what is true is false, or it's both and neither at the same time. And I have no idea what is true and what isn't. Nothing makes any sense.
I'm not sure how you're still able to reply to this -- maybe you snuck this one in before the ban started -- but let me make this clear, and I want you to let it sink in, because it is the truth:

This all comes very easy, and naturally, to everyone else. It's not a chimera, it's normal social interaction.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

WTF, how are you still doing this and posting? Can you please reply with what browser you're using, how much RAM your PC has and your operating system? I will open a ticket with the phpBB2 crew. Something weird is going on. Thanks in advance, we'll get through this.

It's gotta be a networking issue, right? Do you have Google Dev Tools installed?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!